House Passes MORE Act Which Decriminalizes Marijuana

Yippee ki yay, like who gives a shit. If you need it for non medical reasons..well sorry for you. The fact it is on the way to becoming decriminalized is long over due considering about every state reduced penalties long ago. So will Alcohol, Tobacco, and firearms now crack down on the bootleggers who attempt to evade state and local taxes? For some reason I don’t believe they will.

Personally, I think all "possession" laws should be revoked. I don't care if it's marijuana, crack cocaine, meth or machine guns.

Possession laws naturally create police corruption.

When some random poor underpaid cop can simply plant evidence by tossing it in your car or pretending they found it in your home or on your person, that's not a good thing.

Whatever thing some other individual possesses is none of your fucking business anyways.

images

Last edited:
Personally, I think all "possession" laws should be revoked. I don't care if it's marijuana, crack cocaine, meth or machine guns.

Possession laws naturally create police corruption.

When some random poor underpaid cop can simply plant evidence by tossing it in your car or pretending they found it in your home or on your person, that's not a good thing.

Whatever thing some other individual possesses is none of your fucking business anyways.

images
You have a point.

I have always been opposed to the legalization of hard, highly addictive drugs. However, my position has been changing.

The War on Drugs™ has been a catastrophic failure. Drug use, drug deaths, drug availability have not decreased in the slightest. None of the aims of this stupid war have been achieved. And there is no end game.

Continually pounding away at the problem with the same old hammers is way beyond stupid.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

We need to admit defeat and try something else. Some experimental harm reduction programs have demonstrated success and we should pursue those further.

We need to stop looking at the addict as a purely evil being who must be punished.

Imagine what would happen to the crime rate if we could free an addict from their addiction!

This is where we need to focus our efforts.
Yep…and since we haven’t improved degenerates with welfare ($22T spent) lets end the WAR ON POVERTY and end welfare as well.

Forum List

Back