House Republicans still want to rip out the 14th amendment....

And the biggest evidence of all that this whole thing was about slavery comes from the Vice-President of the Confederacy, one Alexander Stephens, in an extemporaneous speech now known as the Cornerstone-Speech, delivered just three weeks after Lincoln was inaugurated:

Cornerstone Speech - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Corner Stone Speech Teaching American History

"Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth. This truth has been slow in the process of its development, like all other truths in the various departments of science. It has been so even amongst us. Many who hear me, perhaps, can recollect well, that this truth was not generally admitted, even within their day. The errors of the past generation still clung to many as late as twenty years ago. Those at the North, who still cling to these errors, with a zeal above knowledge, we justly denominate fanatics. All fanaticism springs from an aberration of the mind from a defect in reasoning. It is a species of insanity. One of the most striking characteristics of insanity, in many instances, is forming correct conclusions from fancied or erroneous premises; so with the anti-slavery fanatics. Their conclusions are right if their premises were. They assume that the negro is equal, and hence conclude that he is entitled to equal privileges and rights with the white man. If their premises were correct, their conclusions would be logical and just but their premise being wrong, their whole argument fails. I recollect once of having heard a gentleman from one of the northern States, of great power and ability, announce in the House of Representatives, with imposing effect, that we of the South would be compelled, ultimately, to yield upon this subject of slavery, that it was as impossible to war successfully against a principle in politics, as it was in physics or mechanics. That the principle would ultimately prevail. That we, in maintaining slavery as it exists with us, were warring against a principle, a principle founded in nature, the principle of the equality of men. The reply I made to him was, that upon his own grounds, we should, ultimately, succeed, and that he and his associates, in this crusade against our institutions, would ultimately fail. The truth announced, that it was as impossible to war successfully against a principle in politics as it was in physics and mechanics, I admitted; but told him that it was he, and those acting with him, who were warring against a principle. They were attempting to make things equal which the Creator had made unequal."

No shit. Those words came out of the mouth of the Vice-President of the Confederacy, a racist all the way down to his boots.

Like I said, butthurt racists can run, but they cannot hide. History is NOT on their side in this matter. It never will be.

MarcATL
Asclepias
If you think thats something take a gander at this. texas was trying to bring this back to vote a while ago.

Corwin Amendment - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"Technically still pending before the states, it would, if ratified, shield "domestic institutions" of the states (which in 1861 included slavery) from the constitutional amendment process and from abolition or interference by Congress."

And the biggest evidence of all that this whole thing was about slavery comes from the Vice-President of the Confederacy, one Alexander Stephens, in an extemporaneous speech now known as the Cornerstone-Speech, delivered just three weeks after Lincoln was inaugurated:

"Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth. This truth has been slow in the process of its development, like all other truths in the various departments of science. It has been so even amongst us. Many who hear me, perhaps, can recollect well, that this truth was not generally admitted, even within their day. The errors of the past generation still clung to many as late as twenty years ago. Those at the North, who still cling to these errors, with a zeal above knowledge, we justly denominate fanatics. All fanaticism springs from an aberration of the mind from a defect in reasoning. It is a species of insanity. One of the most striking characteristics of insanity, in many instances, is forming correct conclusions from fancied or erroneous premises; so with the anti-slavery fanatics. Their conclusions are right if their premises were. They assume that the negro is equal, and hence conclude that he is entitled to equal privileges and rights with the white man. If their premises were correct, their conclusions would be logical and just but their premise being wrong, their whole argument fails. I recollect once of having heard a gentleman from one of the northern States, of great power and ability, announce in the House of Representatives, with imposing effect, that we of the South would be compelled, ultimately, to yield upon this subject of slavery, that it was as impossible to war successfully against a principle in politics, as it was in physics or mechanics. That the principle would ultimately prevail. That we, in maintaining slavery as it exists with us, were warring against a principle, a principle founded in nature, the principle of the equality of men. The reply I made to him was, that upon his own grounds, we should, ultimately, succeed, and that he and his associates, in this crusade against our institutions, would ultimately fail. The truth announced, that it was as impossible to war successfully against a principle in politics as it was in physics and mechanics, I admitted; but told him that it was he, and those acting with him, who were warring against a principle. They were attempting to make things equal which the Creator had made unequal."

No shit. Those words came out of the mouth of the Vice-President of the Confederacy, a racist all the way down to his boots.

Like I said, butthurt racists can run, but they cannot hide. History is NOT on their side in this matter. It never will be.

MarcATL
Asclepias
If you think thats something take a gander at this. texas was trying to bring this back to vote a while ago.

"Technically still pending before the states, it would, if ratified, shield "domestic institutions" of the states (which in 1861 included slavery) from the constitutional amendment process and from abolition or interference by Congress."

Damn, you just beat me to the punch. That was gonna come next.

:D

...I do not understand the reason Pedro becoming a citizen is "pure madness"..
It's madness because one Anchor Baby encourages another, and another, and another, and another... each of them tied to one or more Illegal Aliens who weasel their way into remaining upon US soil just because the puppy they popped-out was born on US soil... and we don't need that kind of loophole remaining on the books much longer.

The FOURTEENTH AMENDMENT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL BECAUSE IS WAS NOT ADOPTED PURSUANT TO THE US CONSTITUTION - not because "illegals can weasel their their way into neonazi territory.

MarcATL
Asclepias

Damn, you just beat me to the punch. That was gonna come next.

:D
That just goes to show how predictable you liberal turds are.

The war started over cotton MORON. Slavery did not enter the war for a while.

Really, because 'slaveholding states' was cited as defining the sides of the conflict in South Carolina's Declaration of Secession.

It was in the first sentence.

With slaves or slavery cited 18 times, the 'institution of slavery' cited as twice, and the declaration citing the geographic boundaries of the sides of the dispute as defined by 'the election of a man to the high office of President of the United States, whose opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery.'.

Oddly, cotton was never mentioned once.

Maybe 'for a while' doesn't mean what you think it means.

Last edited:
It's madness because one Anchor Baby encourages another, and another, and another, and another... each of them tied to one or more Illegal Aliens who weasel their way into remaining upon US soil just because the puppy they popped-out was born on US soil... and we don't need that kind of loophole remaining on the books much longer.

The FOURTEENTH AMENDMENT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL BECAUSE IS WAS NOT ADOPTED PURSUANT TO THE US CONSTITUTION - not because "illegals can weasel their their way into neonazi territory.

Says you. Citing yourself. And your source is clearly inadequate to carry your argument.

We are the only country in the world that allows people who enter the country illegally and happen to give birth on our land to have that baby be granted full citizenship.

Guys like you want us to be like everyone else! You do not want America to be exceptional.

Screw you, man. A-mer-i-ca! A-mer-i-ca! A-mer-i-ca!

Ha, now the Communists/Progressives suddenly care about the Constitution. How convenient. Sorry, but assholes who consistently fight to thwart the Constitution, don't get to pretend they care about it. So y'all Communists get a big STFU! on this one.

The war started over cotton MORON. Slavery did not enter the war for a while.

Really, because 'slaveholding states' was cited as defining the sides of the conflict in South Carolina's Declaration of Secession.

It was in the first sentence. With slaves or slavery cited 18 times, the 'institution of slavery' cited as twice, and the declaration citing the geographic boundaries of the sides of the dispute as defined by 'the election of a man to the high office of President of the United States, whose opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery.'.

Oddly, cotton was never mentioned once.

Maybe 'for a while' doesn't mean what you think it means.
Darkfury is a retard. Every document the loser confederates scribed mentioned slavery as the reason for them starting a war.

Like the children of parents here on a diplomatic status are not US citizens

Children of diplomats who receive U.S. birth certificates and SSNs have greater rights and protections than the average U.S. citizen because they can enjoy all of the benefits of U.S. citizenship, but also invoke diplomatic immunity if they break a law.

Didn't read the links I provided, did ya?

What the phukk is 'neonazi territory'?

MarcATL
Asclepias

Your hero Lincoln approved of the Amendment and was trying to get Congress to pass it as a means of preventing the Civil war.

MarcATL
Asclepias

Your hero Lincoln approved of the Amendment and was trying to get Congress to pass it as a means of preventing the Civil war.

Lincoln's priority was the preservation of the Union. Not ending slavery. He's on record as saying that if he could save the union without freeing any slaves, he would. He just didn't think the nation could stand as half slave, half free.

...Lincoln's priority was the preservation of the Union. Not ending slavery. He's on record as saying that if he could save the union without freeing any slaves, he would. He just didn't think the nation could stand as half slave, half free.
Yep... his priority was, indeed, saving the Union, although the Southern States had him pegged as a Free-the-Slaves advocate, which is why they bailed...

...Lincoln's priority was the preservation of the Union. Not ending slavery. He's on record as saying that if he could save the union without freeing any slaves, he would. He just didn't think the nation could stand as half slave, half free.
Yep... his priority was, indeed, saving the Union, although the Southern States had him pegged as a Free-the-Slaves advocate, which is why they bailed...

And they were wrong. He was a 'expansion of slavery' opponent. Remember, he was a Whig before he was a Republican. And he modeled himself politically after Henry Clay....primary author of the Missouri Compromise.

The Southern States overreacted. With South Carolina 'seceding' before Lincoln had even taken office.

MarcATL
Asclepias

Lincoln is no hero of mine. He didnt even like Black people. Try again.

MarcATL
Asclepias

Lincoln's priority was the preservation of the Union. Not ending slavery. He's on record as saying that if he could save the union without freeing any slaves, he would. He just didn't think the nation could stand as half slave, half free.

Yes, we know Lincoln didn't give a crap about the slaves. That was my point. Your fellow libturd is castigating Texas for the Corwin Amendment, but your hero Lincoln supported it.

And they were wrong. He was a 'expansion of slavery' opponent. Remember, he was a Whig before he was a Republican. And he modeled himself politically after Henry Clay....primary author of the Missouri Compromise.

The Southern States overreacted. With South Carolina 'seceding' before Lincoln had even taken office.
Yes... I suspect that is correct... they had him pegged wrong... so... once they bailed... he was eventually driven to assume the mantle they'd originally feared.

MarcATL
Asclepias

As always the far left drones don't know what they are talking about!

He used it as a rally cry to get troops fired up!

The North burned cities to the ground. I am sure that was productive..

You far left drones need to learn the real history not the one your are programmed with..

Issues including states’ rights versus federal authority and westward expansion .

Lincoln had used the occasion of the Union victory at Antietam to issue a preliminary Emancipation Proclamation, which freed all slaves in the rebellious states after January 1, 1863. He justified his decision as a wartime measure, and did not go so far as to free the slaves in the border states loyal to the Union. Still, the Emancipation Proclamation deprived the Confederacy of the bulk of its labor forces and put international public opinion strongly on the Union side.

MarcATL
Asclepias

But that's not the end of the story. In that very same letter, he also said that if he would save the Union by freeing all the slaves, he would do that as well. The rhetorical device he was using in a one-time letter to a future Presidential nominee, Horace Greeley.

Forum List

Back