House vote today to launch an investigation into Insurrection Day

Well, it passed the House - with only 35 Republicans. Now, about the Senate...

I'm surprised that as much as 35 republicans voted for it.

I will be totally shocked if it gets past the senate. The republicans will filibuster it so that it dies.

I would not be surprised if there was no Jan 6th Commission.
If it dies in the Senate, there are other options, depending on how badly Democrats want to proceed. They could nuke the filibuster in the Senate. They could hold separate investigations in each respective chamber.

I expect them to have their own investigations in each chamber.

The January 6th commission as it was presented today and passed through the House will be filibustered in the senate.

I will be totally shocked if it gets past the senate. The republicans will filibuster it so that it dies.

If it dies in the Senate, there are other options, depending on how badly Democrats want to proceed. They could nuke the filibuster in the Senate. They could hold separate investigations in each respective chamber.

The January 6th commission as it was presented today and passed through the House will be filibustered in the senate.
If only the federal government had some sort of law enforcement agency designed to investigate these types of things.

Those 35 are serving their last term.

Translation: How DARE you take a look at Dear Leader’s violent insurrection?

The DOJ is already investigating it, Dummy.
We need a transparent process with hearings.

You guys want transparency, don’t you?
Tell Dominion, not us.
Dominion's been audited already and passed with flying colors.
Then what will another audit hurt?
Another audit would be fine. The current fraudit is a crazy time sham.
Prove it. You have no evidence.
Sure I do. Aside from being launched, run and monitored by stop the steal Trumplicans, they've already put out two lies. First claiming Maricopa didn't have admin access, framing it as though that was needed to run the election; then by claiming a database had been deleted. Plus they installed a reporter from a shady "news" outlet who's unethically stumping for funding for the very story she's covering. A real news outlet would have fired her for that. They've already exposed their utter desperation to show fraud, even if they have to invent it themselves.

And ballot eating chickens!! :laughing0301:

Yup, Seditinist Cruz, Seditionist Hawley, Seditionist Graham and Seditionist Paul will see to it!

Only 35 Republicans in the House voted for this.

The Senate will filibuster it.

What do you suppose they're afraid of?

Tell Dominion, not us.
Sure I do. Aside from being launched, run and monitored by stop the steal Trumplicans, they've already put out two lies. First claiming Maricopa didn't have admin access, framing it as though that was needed to run the election; then by claiming a database had been deleted. Plus they installed a reporter from a shady "news" outlet who's unethically stumping for funding for the very story she's covering. A real news outlet would have fired her for that. They've already exposed their utter desperation to show fraud, even if they have to invent it themselves.

It's nice to finally find one of the more intelligent, articulate rightards...

Only 35 Republicans in the House voted for this.

The Senate will filibuster it.

What do you suppose they're afraid of?
They're afraid their god will be exposed as the fraud he is.

Maybe they could just nuke Manchin!

Those 35 are serving their last term.

Translation: How DARE you take a look at Dear Leader’s violent insurrection?

No one can say if they are serving their last term.

That can only be said after the next election.

Anyone who says that isn't dealing with reality and honesty.

But then, when you're dealing with a person who believes that Barak Obama is a muslim from Kenya and Michelle is a man, you aren't dealing with a person who has any grasp of reality.

Last edited:
Are there enough real American patriots in the Senate to get this passed? We shall see...

No there aren't.

Don't fool yourself. There isn't 10 republicans who will vote to end the filibuster to get this legislation passed.

I would be totally shocked if the legislation passes to form that commission.

Tell Dominion, not us.

It's nice to finally find one of the more intelligent, articulate rightards...

Did you get Lastamender’s permission to post his video? :)

Great...lets waste more taxpayer dollars. Like we didn't waste enough money with the Mueller report and the Ukraine impeachment. Amazing. And when the Republicans take control of the House in 2022 they will waste money investigating the Bidens. It will never end now.
Why shouldn't we learn exactly what happened that day and how? Part of this investigation is to learn from mistakes made in order to establish appropriate changes necessary to Capitol police procedures.

You need a federal bill to do that.

If I were a representative, I'd ask Pelosi if what was left of her mind has finally stopped working.

Great...lets waste more taxpayer dollars. Like we didn't waste enough money with the Mueller report and the Ukraine impeachment. Amazing. And when the Republicans take control of the House in 2022 they will waste money investigating the Bidens. It will never end now.
Why shouldn't we learn exactly what happened that day and how? Part of this investigation is to learn from mistakes made in order to establish appropriate changes necessary to Capitol police procedures.

You need a federal bill to do that.

If I were a representative, I'd ask Pelosi if what was left of her mind has finally stopped working.
No, she doesn't. Preferably, both parties from both chambers would work together on this. Regrettably, despite being threatened on Insurrection Day, Republicans can't seem to stand up and face the assailants who stormed their workplace. Why? Because the insurgents are on the same side of the aisle as themselves and they lack the testicular fortitude to stand up to them. Plus, they fear the wrath of Trump, who still leads them by the nose. But since they won't stand up, each chamber can hold their own subcommittee investigations. That's not ideal since it won't be a united Congress, but it's better than nothing.

Forum List

Back