House vote today to launch an investigation into Insurrection Day

The House votes today to launch a bipartisan investigation into Insurrection Day ...

Democrats & Republicans reached a deal to bring this to a vote. The agreement includes a bipartisan commission with equal numbers of Democrats and Republicans leading the investigation ... and the investigation will be about January 6th, 2001 only and will not include any other violence by anybody else.

Well that passed easily, 252-175 with 17% of Republicans voting for it. [edit: If 20%] of Senate Republicans vote for it, it will pass there too.

:dance:

Well, it passed the House - with only 35 Republicans. Now, about the Senate...

This needs 60 in the senate yes? My hopes are not high. Grim Reaper McTurtle will somehow find another way to do nothing.

Yep, that's my understanding. Democrats can't even do it with a simple majority with a POS like Manchin.
What in God’s name would Joe have against a 2/2 bipartisan investigation into one of the darkest days in US History?

I'm surprised that as much as 35 republicans voted for it.

I will be totally shocked if it gets past the senate. The republicans will filibuster it so that it dies.

I would not be surprised if there was no Jan 6th Commission.

I will be totally shocked if it gets past the senate. The republicans will filibuster it so that it dies.

Those 35 are serving their last term.

This needs 60 in the senate yes? My hopes are not high. Grim Reaper McTurtle will somehow find another way to do nothing.

He will quickly filibuster that bill to make sure it never passes.

He is proud to say he's the grim reaper of legislation.

The capital police were essentially tourist directors. Trained to spot suspected terrorism with people leaving packages and backpacks. That's why the dipshit woman got herself shot coming through a window.

The question going forward is how much of the "nice guy cops" we can keep while still having a group with body armor, chem masks, semi auto weapons and crowd dispursement equipment, and being capable of taking down a mob of a few thousands, and where a larger militarized response can come from, with personnel carriers and water cannon, as well as chain guns ... just in case.
There was no reason whatsoever to shoot an unarmed 100 lb. woman. Period.

Play stupid games - Win stupid prizes. Good riddance to Q-Bitch
See how disgusting you are? No matter, everyone else does. :ahole-1:
What's disgusting? Benedict Babbitt died a traitor.

They will forever paint Benedict Babster as some sort of “patriot” Sad
No worries. After they trashed a real patriot like John McCain, America sees where their alliances are.

And it's not with America.

The Admiral's son McShitstain who crashed 5 jets?
Surely, you jest.
Sucks to be a hero-hater like you.

So they can vote with a clear conscience ? Not kissing repub butt

So they can vote with a clear conscience ? Not kissing repub butt
The only thing clear is the power grab, you moron.

The DC Capitol Police have issued the following statement, condemning the Trumpster cowards and liars for not having any balls whatsoever, and for being, well, Trumpster cowards and liars.

E1xzFeFWYAAOaqs

The same D.C. police that still hold Capitol protestors charged with misdemeanors in solitary confinement?

I color you a true fascist!!
Wait, I thought I was a commie.

I MUST BE A COMMIE FASCIST

Trumpsters. What children.

You are some kind of puke anti-American crossover! You, yourself, doesn't even know as you're always confused.
Go make sure that Joe's sippy cup has enough apple juice in it, please.
And another typical Trump-level comment.

Actually, I'm waiting for Desantis to announce. I have a separate money account to send him when he does!
Did you give to Trump too for 2020?

:abgg2q.jpg:

So you are counting on political persecution like a good fascist. Maybe you will get an award like Rightwinger. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
It's called law and order.
It is called a dual justice system where only political enemies are arrested and prosecuted. That is fascism. When Comey and the others face charges let me know.
There's a dual system. There's the reality based system where Trump's supporters clearly broke federal law. Then there's the fantasy based system where Trump supporters can't figure out why people aren't charged for their imaginary crimes.
They are charged with trespassing. Grow up. The insurrection that was not is a joke.
At least 80 of them have been charged with assaulting police officers.
Prove it.
Go ahead and count yourself. Links provided to every single indictment.
Thanks for the fascist update.
What's fascist about arresting and prosecuting violent criminals?
Trespassing is not violence. it is presence. This is a side show for the mentally impaired. Enjoy yourself.
This is peaceful, right...?

As opposed to city of fire? It's peaceful.

As opposed to the sun, BLM riots are peaceful. WTF do you think your point is? The seditionists were still violent.

So you are counting on political persecution like a good fascist. Maybe you will get an award like Rightwinger. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
It is called a dual justice system where only political enemies are arrested and prosecuted. That is fascism. When Comey and the others face charges let me know.
There's a dual system. There's the reality based system where Trump's supporters clearly broke federal law. Then there's the fantasy based system where Trump supporters can't figure out why people aren't charged for their imaginary crimes.
They are charged with trespassing. Grow up. The insurrection that was not is a joke.
Prove it.
Trespassing is not violence. it is presence. This is a side show for the mentally impaired. Enjoy yourself.

As opposed to the sun, BLM riots are peaceful. WTF do you think your point is? The seditionists were still violent.

BLM riots are peaceful.

How are riots peaceful? My God are you dumb. :auiqs.jpg:

The DOJ is already investigating it, Dummy.
We need a transparent process with hearings.

You guys want transparency, don’t you?
Tell Dominion, not us.
Dominion's been audited already and passed with flying colors.
Then what will another audit hurt?
Another audit would be fine. The current fraudit is a crazy time sham.
Prove it. You have no evidence.
Sure I do. Aside from being launched, run and monitored by stop the steal Trumplicans, they've already put out two lies. First claiming Maricopa didn't have admin access, framing it as though that was needed to run the election; then by claiming a database had been deleted. Plus they installed a reporter from a shady "news" outlet who's unethically stumping for funding for the very story she's covering. A real news outlet would have fired her for that. They've already exposed their utter desperation to show fraud, even if they have to invent it themselves.

Great...lets waste more taxpayer dollars. Like we didn't waste enough money with the Mueller report and the Ukraine impeachment. Amazing. And when the Republicans take control of the House in 2022 they will waste money investigating the Bidens. It will never end now.
Why shouldn't we learn exactly what happened that day and how? Part of this investigation is to learn from mistakes made in order to establish appropriate changes necessary to Capitol police procedures.

Why shouldnt we investigate election fraud that we know happened?
It's been investigated in a number of states and nothing was found other than a few isolated incidents. Some of which involved Republicans.

If it dies in the Senate, there are other options, depending on how badly Democrats want to proceed. They could nuke the filibuster in the Senate. They could hold separate investigations in each respective chamber.

Prove it.

BLM riots are peaceful.

How are riots peaceful? My God are you dumb. :auiqs.jpg:

I didn't say they are. Why do you blame me because you're an imbecile who can't read English?

face-palm-gif.278959

Forum List

Back