How Are Republicans Or Any Republican, For That Matter, Christians?

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Scripture says that by their fruits you shall know them, Matthew 7:20: Matthew 7:20 KJV - Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know - Bible Gateway

Further expounds and put into context in the previous verses as seen here: Matthew 7:15-20 NKJV - You Will Know Them by Their Fruits - Bible Gateway

In my devotion this morning I came across a description/guide for Christians in Titus 2:7-8, Titus - Paul, a servant of God and an apostle - Bible Gateway

In reflecting on these passages I can't help but think to myself, how the HECK do Republicans even remotely resemble any of this?

Anyone can help me with that?

Maybe I'm missing something here.

To be fair, I don't see how choosing a life of politics goes with being a Christian, and the one President that exuded Christianity, Carter, has been bashed to bits by the Party that claims to be Christian. They labeled him weak. When Jesus Himself said to turn the other cheek. Luke - Introduction - Many have undertaken to - Bible Gateway Moreover, said that "Vengeance is mine." Romans 12:19 KJV - Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, - Bible Gateway

Things that make me go "Hmmm.....!!"

So you're going to judge the lives of millions of people you don't know based on the propaganda of the left and some corrupt Republican politicians? How exactly is that Christian?

You are seriously going to sit here and tell me I don't know Christ and don't seek to follow Him because I believe we need to be free, that we need to be good stewards of the tax payers money, that we should actually follow the Constitution, and empower people.

And are Democrats really any better? Take Obamacare. Millions of people are losing their insurance. Even if they keep them their rates are skyrocketing. And those who pushed it knew this would happen before they did it. How is that Christian? Now we have advertisements from the government encouraging people to live promiscuous lifestyles because now they can sign up for Obamacare. How is that Christian? How is it Christian to call everyone who suggests a different way a bigot, a racist or some other divisive slur because they have different ideas? How is it Christian to divide people into classes and pretend people are somehow better or worse than their brother because of the amount of money they earn?

People can follow Christ and belong to either party. That doesn't mean they support every bad thing other people in the party does.

So you're going to judge the lives of millions of people you don't know based on the propaganda of the left and some corrupt Republican politicians? How exactly is that Christian?

You are seriously going to sit here and tell me I don't know Christ and don't seek to follow Him because I believe we need to be free, that we need to be good stewards of the tax payers money, that we should actually follow the Constitution, and empower people.

And are Democrats really any better? Take Obamacare. Millions of people are losing their insurance. Even if they keep them their rates are skyrocketing. And those who pushed it knew this would happen before they did it. How is that Christian? Now we have advertisements from the government encouraging people to live promiscuous lifestyles because now they can sign up for Obamacare. How is that Christian? How is it Christian to call everyone who suggests a different way a bigot, a racist or some other divisive slur because they have different ideas? How is it Christian to divide people into classes and pretend people are somehow better or worse than their brother because of the amount of money they earn?

People can follow Christ and belong to either party. That doesn't mean they support every bad thing other people in the party does.
Hey, hey, hey...no need to get your panties twisted up into a tight knot.

I asked a question dude. I just asked a simple question.

My question involved asking, someone like yourself, to point out how and/or who in the Republican party today exemplifies a Christian.

We only have to go by what the Republican politicians display.

We have to assume that, self-proclaimed Christians, like yourself, of the RW persuasion supports them time and time again, therefore you approve of their behavior.

So again, I ask you, as a fellow Christian,...what about The Republicans, or any Republican, for that matter, is Christian?

Your go.

Last edited:
Scripture says that by their fruits you shall know them, Matthew 7:20: Matthew 7:20 KJV - Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know - Bible Gateway

Marc,

I don't talk politics because that just makes people want to fight.

Chuck
Religion doesn't make people want to fight too?

If my understanding of history serves me correctly, a good bit or majority of the world's wars have been started over religion.

Am I wrong on that?

And if you don't get involved in politics what, pray tell, are you doing on a political forum such as this, which is almost solely dedicated to politics?

Last edited:
And if you don't get involved in politics what, pray tell, are you doing on a political forum such as this, which is almost solely dedicated to politics?

What am I doing on a political forum that is dedicated to politics? I used google, saw some of the messages on news that I was interested in. Some of the posters were funny and some of them were wild. I saw the Religion forum and was interested in that.

If people like politics, that is great. I have a few views but politicians tell you the issues but the fact is that there are more important issues like life and death and where you are going to spend eternity. What you are studying is not the main issue. Eternity is the main issue. 100 years doesn't compare to 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.

You just asked a question? Please dont pretend to be seeking innocent and honest discussion when you ask a loaded partisan question like that.

So why should we use the propaganda of the left to evaluate who is Christian or not? You don't see Christians in the Republican party because you are conveniently ignoring the ones that practice Christianity and focusing on the ones that do. Not only that but you ignore what many Republicans are actually doing and instead believe the lies the Democrats say they are doing.

Are Republicans perfect? Hell no. Are Christians perfect? Not in the slightest. Are Democrats perfect? Hell Hell no.

But does that mean all Republicans aren't Christian? or does that mean there aren't real Christians in both parties? Does that mean there are no Christian Democrats?

The progressive rot in both parties makes seeing Christians difficult. The Progressives in both parties point at the progressives in the other party and talk about how corrupt and evil they are (and they are corrupt and evil) in order to malign good Christians and other good people.

How can a Christian support Obamacare? More people uninsured. Higher costs. Higher deductables. Criminals obtaining private information from people and stealing their identities. Quite frankly I don't know how, but there are some that do.

How can a Christian support borrowing money we don't have to pay for government we can't afford? There are some that do.

How can a Christian support burdening the tax payers with higher and higher taxes? How can a Christian support dividing their brethren by the amount of money they make? There are some that do

How can a Christian support putting faith in government to solve our problems instead of faith in God? I don't know but there are som ethat do.

How can a Christian support abortion? Sure as heck dont know but somehow some do.

Fighting to uphold the Constitution is Christian. Fighting to be a good steward of our money is Christian. Fighting to preserve the life of innocent children is Christian. These are all things that many Republicans fight for. Unfortunately we have progressives in both parties fighting against these things.

Our politics shouldn't be defining our Christianity. Our Christianity should define who we are in our politics. And by that I don't mean we should be passing laws to force people to be Christian. That's contrary to what Christianity teaches us. The Bible is clear. "Chose this day whom you will serve". Christ came to provide liberty to the oppressed.

So why do we let the progressives of either party get away with empowering themselves in Washington and blaming the progressives of the other party for what they are all collectively doing?

We have robbers in our government. Robbers who think they are entitled to take from us and give to themselves and their political cronies to secure their own power. And we have to stop them. The first thin we have to do is humble ourselves before God and ask for forgiveness. We've let ourselves sleep. We've let ourselves be decieved politically. We've let politicians divide us when we should be united.

You've fallen for the trap here. You've allowed yourself to not see your Christian brethren because they have a different political party affiliation.

We have let ourselves become an extremely proud society. We have to humble ourselves. Or we will end up destroying ourselves. And there isn't a single person on this message board who doesn't have a pride issue. We can let our pride destroy us and separate us. Or we can humble ourselves.

We can start honestly looking at the world around us or we can allow partisan shades to block us.

We can continue to outsource our responsibilities to an ever growing government and ensure nothing gets done or we can step up and take more responsibliity in our lives.

You just asked a question? Please dont pretend to be seeking innocent and honest discussion when you ask a loaded partisan question like that.

So why should we use the propaganda of the left to evaluate who is Christian or not? You don't see Christians in the Republican party because you are conveniently ignoring the ones that practice Christianity and focusing on the ones that do. Not only that but you ignore what many Republicans are actually doing and instead believe the lies the Democrats say they are doing.

Are Republicans perfect? Hell no. Are Christians perfect? Not in the slightest. Are Democrats perfect? Hell Hell no.

But does that mean all Republicans aren't Christian? or does that mean there aren't real Christians in both parties? Does that mean there are no Christian Democrats?

The progressive rot in both parties makes seeing Christians difficult. The Progressives in both parties point at the progressives in the other party and talk about how corrupt and evil they are (and they are corrupt and evil) in order to malign good Christians and other good people.

How can a Christian support Obamacare? More people uninsured. Higher costs. Higher deductables. Criminals obtaining private information from people and stealing their identities. Quite frankly I don't know how, but there are some that do.

How can a Christian support borrowing money we don't have to pay for government we can't afford? There are some that do.

How can a Christian support burdening the tax payers with higher and higher taxes? How can a Christian support dividing their brethren by the amount of money they make? There are some that do

How can a Christian support putting faith in government to solve our problems instead of faith in God? I don't know but there are som ethat do.

How can a Christian support abortion? Sure as heck dont know but somehow some do.

Fighting to uphold the Constitution is Christian. Fighting to be a good steward of our money is Christian. Fighting to preserve the life of innocent children is Christian. These are all things that many Republicans fight for. Unfortunately we have progressives in both parties fighting against these things.

Our politics shouldn't be defining our Christianity. Our Christianity should define who we are in our politics. And by that I don't mean we should be passing laws to force people to be Christian. That's contrary to what Christianity teaches us. The Bible is clear. "Chose this day whom you will serve". Christ came to provide liberty to the oppressed.

So why do we let the progressives of either party get away with empowering themselves in Washington and blaming the progressives of the other party for what they are all collectively doing?

We have robbers in our government. Robbers who think they are entitled to take from us and give to themselves and their political cronies to secure their own power. And we have to stop them. The first thin we have to do is humble ourselves before God and ask for forgiveness. We've let ourselves sleep. We've let ourselves be decieved politically. We've let politicians divide us when we should be united.

You've fallen for the trap here. You've allowed yourself to not see your Christian brethren because they have a different political party affiliation.

We have let ourselves become an extremely proud society. We have to humble ourselves. Or we will end up destroying ourselves. And there isn't a single person on this message board who doesn't have a pride issue. We can let our pride destroy us and separate us. Or we can humble ourselves.

We can start honestly looking at the world around us or we can allow partisan shades to block us.

We can continue to outsource our responsibilities to an ever growing government and ensure nothing gets done or we can step up and take more responsibility in our lives.
What ELSE has your Crystal Ball revealed to thee oh great and might Svengali?

crystal_ball_LG.jpg

BTW: With that entire diatribe you brought out not ONE, single, solitary Republican that strikes you as Christian.

Interesting...

Note: I did NOT say, or suggest that ALL Republicans aren't Christian. I simply asked to point one out and/or how they are. The rest was your magical conjecture.

Carry on.

Last edited:
You know, i hope someday you will come to know God and be obliged to do right.

GOP Christians are like all Christians, some bad and some good and most indifferent.

Average Opinion on the matter: Few and far between will be the successful politician from either party who disappears on Rapture Day, ass-u-me-ing that day is actually coming.

That said, the rank and file from both parties will most likely be thinned in equal proportions. Ass-u-me-ing a Rapture Day.

Oh YAAAY!!!....
Another divisive, judgmental, accusatory, hypocritical, intellectually benign thread by MarcATL...another day...another thread.

Further expounds and put into context in the previous verses as seen here: Matthew 7:15-20 NKJV - You Will Know Them by Their Fruits - Bible Gateway

In my devotion this morning I came across a description/guide for Christians in Titus 2:7-8, Titus - Paul, a servant of God and an apostle - Bible Gateway

In reflecting on these passages I can't help but think to myself, how the HECK do Republicans even remotely resemble any of this?

To be fair, I don't see how choosing a life of politics goes with being a Christian, and the one President that exuded Christianity, Carter, has been bashed to bits by the Party that claims to be Christian. They labeled him weak. When Jesus Himself said to turn the other cheek. Luke - Introduction - Many have undertaken to - Bible Gateway Moreover, said that "Vengeance is mine." Romans 12:19 KJV - Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, - Bible Gateway

People of your "ilk" support murdering 4,000,000 babies a year

You call yourself Christian?

So did Hitler, asswipe

What am I doing on a political forum that is dedicated to politics? I used google, saw some of the messages on news that I was interested in. Some of the posters were funny and some of them were wild. I saw the Religion forum and was interested in that.

If people like politics, that is great. I have a few views but politicians tell you the issues but the fact is that there are more important issues like life and death and where you are going to spend eternity. What you are studying is not the main issue. Eternity is the main issue. 100 years doesn't compare to 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.
Fair enough Chuck. Fair enough.

The left can't even figure out how to shut the stores down on Thanksgiving. And they have been preaching about it all day long. LOL.

Shhhh... do you hear steam?

Hey, hey, hey...no need to get your panties twisted up into a tight knot.

I asked a question dude. I just asked a simple question.

My question involved asking, someone like yourself, to point out how and/or who in the Republican party today exemplifies a Christian.

We only have to go by what the Republican politicians display.

We have to assume that, self-proclaimed Christians, like yourself, of the RW persuasion supports them time and time again, therefore you approve of their behavior.

So again, I ask you, as a fellow Christian,...what about The Republicans, or any Republican, for that matter, is Christian?

Your go.

Marc, Avatar gave you the answer and an excellent one at that. He told you what most Republicans believe and they can be very much, Christians, just as yourself. I might add one more topic. I happen to be pro life which is against most Democratic views. I find it very difficult how you can reconcile abortion with any Christian view.

God provided woman with reproductive organs and a womb, or a vessel to nurture a child to the time of birth. For a woman to call it her body and not recognize its purpose for bringing a baby to life is the height of delusion and selfishness. And even if the woman did not want to be a mother, to deny they child its life and kill the child is against a commandment given to us. The child could have been give to a barren woman to have the gift of motherhood. In your heart, if you are a true Christian, you know that.

Forum List

Back