How Are Republicans Or Any Republican, For That Matter, Christians?

Scripture says that by their fruits you shall know them, Matthew 7:20: Matthew 7:20 KJV - Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know - Bible Gateway

Further expounds and put into context in the previous verses as seen here: Matthew 7:15-20 NKJV - You Will Know Them by Their Fruits - Bible Gateway

In my devotion this morning I came across a description/guide for Christians in Titus 2:7-8, Titus - Paul, a servant of God and an apostle - Bible Gateway

In reflecting on these passages I can't help but think to myself, how the HECK do Republicans even remotely resemble any of this?

Anyone can help me with that?

Maybe I'm missing something here.

To be fair, I don't see how choosing a life of politics goes with being a Christian, and the one President that exuded Christianity, Carter, has been bashed to bits by the Party that claims to be Christian. They labeled him weak. When Jesus Himself said to turn the other cheek. Luke - Introduction - Many have undertaken to - Bible Gateway Moreover, said that "Vengeance is mine." Romans 12:19 KJV - Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, - Bible Gateway

Things that make me go "Hmmm.....!!"

Strange criticism coming from a pro-abortion party of death member. :eusa_whistle:

Not all disciples are given all authority. Or necessarily any. Not all are called to be Apostles. Nor are all priests. We can see in Acts that some had authority to baptize, but not to give the Holy Ghost. This shouldn't surprise any of us or make us feel jealous towards one another because some are called to certain responsibilities and others arent.

There are people who qualify as pastors and elders. The whole church has creeds and ordination so I believe the authority is permissible if God already said it and if people use God's words lawfully. People who operate under that authority should be allowed to say what God says.

The object is not to not make creeds or else your church wouldn't exist.

Last edited:
What liberties have been taken away?

List them please.

Thanks.

People can't live as they wish without getting lawsuits.
You didn't answer the question.

Again, I repeat...what liberties have been taken away?

Please list them sir.

Thanks.

All you have to do is google it.

I had a co-worker with a pilot's license. He never goes flying anymore. Do you know why?
All of the new regulations. You can be prosecuted for doing the wrong thing. Imagine getting prosecuted for not using your turn signal on a car. In the air, it is different.

Here is the difference my friend.

Republicans say, "we are a Christian nation, therefore we must do x, y, z."

Republicans say, "because we have left God behind, as a nation, x, y, z is wrong and we must turn back to God."

Republicans use these types of arguments to legislate Christianity.

This is why EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. around this time you see theFOXNEWS come out with their bogus "Attack on Christmas" stories, led by the "Christian" Bill O'Reilly.

Democrats. DO. NOT. DO. THIS.

Only Republicans do.

You know this.

Ironically, Christmas has absolutely NOTHING to do w/Christianity. But that's besides the point.

I hate to point out that obvious (not true, I actually enjoy rubbing your face in your hypocrisy) but social justice is a direct product of the teachings of Christianity and would not exist if the Christian left did not exist.
No, that's the problem. Christianity is not political, it's neither right, nor left, however, the right has taken it up and branded it theirs.

That's the premise of my OP.

That's why you have RW Christian fundamentalist like Sarah Palin claiming that the new Pope seems like a Leftie to her, because she's invested in what SHE believes is Christianity, which is a RW brand of Christianity, which should be, actually it is, nonexistent.

Clearly, like Sarah Palin, and many members of the fundamentalist Christian Right, you're invested in that WRONG way of thinking about what is and/or isn't Christianity, with this false Right/Left paradigm.

That explains why we do not have an organization calling itself the Christian Left that advocates for social justice.

The Christian Left Welcomes You

Or a Facebook page for the Christian Democrats of America.

https://www.facebook.com/ChristianDemocrats

It also explains why Christians are not more likely to be left wing and support liberal immigration policies.

Christians 'more likely to be left-wing' and have liberal views on immigration and equality | Mail Online

It also explains why Democrats are more likely to attend church and consider religion a major part of their life than Republicans.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/03/opinion/03blow.html?_r=2&

Actually, that doesn't explain any of that, does it? All it really explains is that you have an uninformed opinion that is backed up by nothing in reality.

Remember those threads you used to start about history, and how I would pop in and point out that your historical facts aren't actually facts? The same thing is happening here. I know you won't admit you are actually wrong, but perhaps you will at least stop posting nonsense.

That's problematic. Do you use the Bible to witness to people because it says over and over, Christ is the only way. Because Christ took our punishment, we took His righteousness. When you emerge from the baptism water you are suppose to be a new man in Christ. If you don't consider what He said as the truth, then I'm not sure how you commit.

I am glad you love Him and His message is love and forgiveness. But how do you believe some of what He said and not all?
I hope you don't include your take on what Christ said when you witness. The very best and righteous have nothing to do with salvation. One man lost it for us. One man gave it back. Our very best work can't remove sin from the blood. Only pure blood can be used for the transfusion.

Does the Bible sight any other way but through Christ?

You really should stop trying to pretend you are privy to the decisions of Management, you are not God, you don't get to decide who gets saved.

I was just remarking to myself how you are really doing the work of God by debating with MarcATL and freeing some of the Christians up in here but I'm not sure what your story is or why you could be using your education for the greater good.

God delegated His authority to His disciples to say:

John 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

I believe we have the right to say, "your sins are remitted" or "your sins are retained" to people.

So the question is today, "What is a disciple?"

We have a right to speak about Him.

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

I believe Mark 16:9-16 is in the Bible. It was a leaf on the back of a scroll or book. Did you ever have a cover that came off?

I received a free e-book defending Mark 16:9-16 by someone who has more intelligence than the best of them.

My walk with Jesus is my business, not yours. Your beliefs are irrelevant to anyone who is doing what God called them to do.

"They also serve who only stand and wait." - John Milton

I hate to point out that obvious (not true, I actually enjoy rubbing your face in your hypocrisy) but social justice is a direct product of the teachings of Christianity and would not exist if the Christian left did not exist.
No, that's the problem. Christianity is not political, it's neither right, nor left, however, the right has taken it up and branded it theirs.

That's why you have RW Christian fundamentalist like Sarah Palin claiming that the new Pope seems like a Leftie to her, because she's invested in what SHE believes is Christianity, which is a RW brand of Christianity, which should be, actually it is, nonexistent.

Clearly, like Sarah Palin, and many members of the fundamentalist Christian Right, you're invested in that WRONG way of thinking about what is and/or isn't Christianity, with this false Right/Left paradigm.

That explains why we do not have an organization calling itself the Christian Left that advocates for social justice.

It also explains why Christians are not more likely to be left wing and support liberal immigration policies.

Christians 'more likely to be left-wing' and have liberal views on immigration and equality | Mail Online

It also explains why Democrats are more likely to attend church and consider religion a major part of their life than Republicans.

Actually, that doesn't explain any of that, does it? All it really explains is that you have an uninformed opinion that is backed up by nothing in reality.

Remember those threads you used to start about history, and how I would pop in and point out that your historical facts aren't actually facts? The same thing is happening here. I know you won't admit you are actually wrong, but perhaps you will at least stop posting nonsense.

Dang it QW, now you've gone and View attachment $untitled.bmp

Dang it QW, now you've gone and View attachment 28423

It wasn't hard, Marc is one of the least informed educated people I have ever encountered. If it wasn't spoonfed him he doesn't know it. Even when he accidentally turns on CSPAN he doesn't pay attention, he just sees what fits into his universe.

Forum List

Back