How Are Republicans Or Any Republican, For That Matter, Christians?

Yeah, you! :lol:

If you say so....You'd never see him post something like this about Democrats...
to me these types of threads are for stirring up hate
[MENTION=1668]Stephanie[/MENTION] I don't think you're thinking clearly.

For one thing, you don't see Democrats doing what Republicans do. Democrats don't use their religion to bludgeon others or Republicans into their narrow way of thinking. They don't go about claiming themselves to be THEE symbol and/or protector of Christianity. They don't force their Christianity on others. Democrats aren't the ones trying to legislate Christianity. They simply don't. Therefore, it doesn't apply to them. Why would I address them about something that doesn't apply to them? More of the false equivalency nonsense that is so prevalent in the media?

You really should practice pausing for a moment of reflection sometimes. It would do you a lot of good.

Hope you don't mind me interrupting between the two of you, but I am interested in this as well. Marc, you made me think about how the Republicans use religion into their way of thinking and I think that is true on one issue, that of abortion. I grant you that, but I can't think right now of any other issues, can you?

And to my knowledge, no bills have been brought up by Republicans to limit or ban abortions by Republicans, so we can't say they have tried to legislate Christianity.

And I believe we all have to be wary of painting each side with a broad brush and remember that each party is made up of individuals with their own thoughts. Not every Republican is a Christian just like the Democrats.

Let me know where I am wrong.

If you say so....You'd never see him post something like this about Democrats...

Thanks so much, Stephanie! Its easy to be on the defensive when most of the board is against you and we wouldn't expect him to say derogatory statements about the Democrats because he is a Democrat. But I have noticed that he doesn't name call and he's honest. Honest enough to give you a point when the facts are showing you are right. But of course, that is a two way street. I have to be the same way and be objective about his statements. Just how much truth are there in his statements?

It's just a give and take that I think works out well. I wish more people could give each other a break and think before they swipe. All this name calling and flaming brings on more from the recipients and nothing ever really gets discussed honestly between left and right. Know what I mean? Can you imagine Franco having a real discussion? I don't think he could he's so used the flame throwing.

For one thing, you don't see Democrats doing what Republicans do. Democrats don't use their religion to bludgeon others or Republicans into their narrow way of thinking. They don't go about claiming themselves to be THEE symbol and/or protector of Christianity. They don't force their Christianity on others. Democrats aren't the ones trying to legislate Christianity. They simply don't. Therefore, it doesn't apply to them. Why would I address them about something that doesn't apply to them? More of the false equivalency nonsense that is so prevalent in the media?

You really should practice pausing for a moment of reflection sometimes. It would do you a lot of good.

Good geeeahhad,do you listen to yourself?? you don't have a splinter in your eye you have the whole Forrest.

Try and be honest,its not that hard.
Please point out the dishonesty in my post ChickenWing.

Seriously.

Seriously? Democrats don't use religion to bludgeon others into their narrow way of thinking? So what exactly is Nancy Pelosi doing when she cites her Catholicism as a reason for her abortion position, other than completely misstating Catholic doctrine? What is Obama doing when he quotes the Bible to support one of his radical policies?

Or is it somehow Democrats are all sincere in their use of religion while the Republicans arent?

Good geeeahhad,do you listen to yourself?? you don't have a splinter in your eye you have the whole Forrest.

Try and be honest,its not that hard.
Please point out the dishonesty in my post ChickenWing.

Seriously.

I may not be CW but please see the bolded area.

Seriously? Democrats don't use religion to bludgeon others into their narrow way of thinking? So what exactly is Nancy Pelosi doing when she cites her Catholicism as a reason for her abortion position, other than completely misstating Catholic doctrine? What is Obama doing when he quotes the Bible to support one of his radical policies?

Or is it somehow Democrats are all sincere in their use of religion while the Republicans arent?
Explain to me, Guy Smiley, how exactly is giving your reason for doing something, the same as FORCING others into believing as you do?

The false equivalency nonsense again.

Republicans:

Let him die.

Feed the poor and they will breed.

Clearly, they worship at the alter of the Church of the Heartless Bastard.

Democrats:

Let the folks think I give a flying fuck about 'em (even though I don't), so that I can get 'em to mindlessly vote for me...

Feed the poor with other people's money... and make 'em believe it all came out of my pocketbook...

Clearly, the Dems worship at the alter of the Church of the Self-Important Deceiver...

We turn the other cheek not to show submission, but to show equality with the one doing the slapping.
I seem to remember Carter quoting scripture.

I find Democrats more willing than Republicans to force the global initiative on us. The global governance that is prophesied to move against Israel, God's land. The Democrats just told Israel, give up your land or else.... and have spent millions and millions and millions arming Israel's enemies, so Israel has no choice.
Giving Muslims every opportunity to wipe Israel off the map is something both U.S. parties should be guarding against. If we had a Christian leading this country instead of a Muslim one, our President would know the following:

"FOR BEHOLD, in those days and at that time when I shall reverse the captivity and restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all nations and will bring them down into the Valley of Jehoshaphat, and there will I deal with and execute judgment upon them for their treatment of My people and of My heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations and because they have divided My land." Joel 3:1-2;

A vote for the global initiative is a vote against our sovereignty and Israel's. We need a president that is all about American initiative for a change......

Last edited:
Are you a Christian bayoubill?

[MENTION=20450]MarcATL[/MENTION]

I'm a huge fan of Jesus...

I love him and his message of love and forgiveness...

and I try to witness to that message in my daily life in all my dealings with folks around me...

but, no... in the strictest sense, I'm not a Christian, because I refuse to believe that Jesus is the only way...

to be sure, his way is the most perfect that I've found... but I have no doubt that folks can travel the good and righteous path without the benefit of knowing Jesus...

That's problematic. Do you use the Bible to witness to people because it says over and over, Christ is the only way. Because Christ took our punishment, we took His righteousness. When you emerge from the baptism water you are suppose to be a new man in Christ. If you don't consider what He said as the truth, then I'm not sure how you commit.

I am glad you love Him and His message is love and forgiveness. But how do you believe some of what He said and not all?
I hope you don't include your take on what Christ said when you witness. The very best and righteous have nothing to do with salvation. One man lost it for us. One man gave it back. Our very best work can't remove sin from the blood. Only pure blood can be used for the transfusion.

Does the Bible sight any other way but through Christ?

Last edited:
That's problematic. Do you use the Bible to witness to people because it says over and over, Christ is the only way. Because Christ took our punishment, we took His righteousness. You may want to hold off on the baptism until you know who you are committing to. When you emerge from the water you are suppose to be a new man in Christ.

I am glad you love Him and His message is love and forgiveness. But how do you believe some of what He said and not all?
I hope you don't include your take on what Christ said when you witness. The very best and righteous have nothing to do with our salvation. One man lost it for us. One man gave it back. Our very best work can't remove sin from the blood. Only pure blood can be used for the transfusion.

Does the Bible sight any other way but through Christ?

with all due respect, I don't give a flying fuck about what the bible says I'm supposed to do...

'cept when it comes to unconditionally loving one another...

Last edited:
We turn the other cheek not to show submission, but to show equality with the one doing the slapping.

I find Democrats more willing than Republicans to force the global initiative on us. The global governance that is prophesied to move against Israel, God's land. The Democrats just told Israel, give up your land or else.... and have spent millions and millions and millions arming Israel's enemies, so Israel has no choice.
Giving Muslims every opportunity to wipe Israel off the map is something both U.S. parties should be guarding against. If we had a Christian leading this country instead of a Muslim one, our President would know the following:

"FOR BEHOLD, in those days and at that time when I shall reverse the captivity and restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all nations and will bring them down into the Valley of Jehoshaphat, and there will I deal with and execute judgment upon them for their treatment of My people and of My heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations and because they have divided My land." Joel 3:1-2;

A vote for the global initiative is a vote against our sovereignty and Israel's. We need a president that is all about American initiative for a change......

[MENTION=27360]Jackson[/MENTION], et al. These are the types of statements and beliefs that Republicans harbor that strengthens the premise of the OP.

You simply don't see that on the Left.

Explain to me, Guy Smiley, how exactly is giving your reason for doing something, the same as FORCING others into believing as you do?

Using the same standards as you my friend. How are Republicans giving their reason for something the same as forcing others to believe as they do?

Isn't it interesting though that you excuse Democrats for doing the same thing you accuse Republicans of doing?

Using the same standards as you my friend. How are Republicans giving their reason for something the same as forcing others to believe as they do?

Isn't it interesting though that you excuse Democrats for doing the same thing you accuse Republicans of doing?
Here is the difference my friend.

Republicans say, "we are a Christian nation, therefore we must do x, y, z."

Republicans say, "because we have left God behind, as a nation, x, y, z is wrong and we must turn back to God."

Republicans use these types of arguments to legislate Christianity.

This is why EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. around this time you see theFOXNEWS come out with their bogus "Attack on Christmas" stories, led by the "Christian" Bill O'Reilly.

Democrats. DO. NOT. DO. THIS.

Only Republicans do.

You know this.

Ironically, Christmas has absolutely NOTHING to do w/Christianity. But that's besides the point.

Last edited:

[MENTION=27360]Jackson[/MENTION], et al. These are the types of statements and beliefs that Republicans harbor that strengthens the premise of the OP.

It is because of the left that you see these statements. Are you saying the global initiative doesn't exist ?

It is because of the left that you see these statements. Are you saying the global initiative doesn't exist ?
More false equivalency nonsense again!?!??

Please break down the premise of the Global Initiative.

Thanks.

Forum List

Back