How are we going to stop the liberal war on free speech and conservative voices?

Youtube isn't a government program. They are free to allow or disallow what ever they want. Today's version of Amos and Andy are free to post anything they want, and spout whatever they want to spout. Youtube just doesn't care to help them promote it.
Neither was that bakery!

Youtube isn't a government program. They are free to allow or disallow what ever they want. Today's version of Amos and Andy are free to post anything they want, and spout whatever they want to spout. Youtube just doesn't care to help them promote it.
Neither was that bakery!

Have they refused any videos about gay weddings? I didn't think so. Quit whining and bake that damn cake.

Neither was that bakery!

Have they refused any videos about gay weddings? I didn't think so. Quit whining and bake that damn cake.
No

However, if conservatives are a great in numbers as they claim, then why not start a movement to stop using facebook and youtube and create a large and influential company as facebook, google, and youtube?

Good idea. We can call it Fakebook. Where nothing is real and everyone is a fake persona. You get banned if you start post truthful news.
Why are you against the freedom of people to express themselves with the truth? I'm sure you fail to realize that you don't have a monopoly on truth.

I can think of a few examples of online behavior that would get a person banned from a site. I mean Facebook has rules and stuff right? Don't you have to click on the little I agree button somewhere along the way? Surely they have accused these two of something verifiable untruthful right? I haven't had much time to dig into those particulars just yet. WTF did they do? Besides being a general nuisance and a danger to the fabric of time and space........

From colleges to YouTube and now Diamond & Silk on Facebook.
Facebook to Diamond and Silk: Your content, brand ‘dangerous to the community’

Two conservative black women being targeted as a "danger to the community"

Seriously? Gtfo with this stupidity. They only thing they are a danger to is your oppression of conservative voices.

This shit has to be put to bed. Further segmenting our society & suppressing their voice is not the way you win a political debate.
Challenge them, argue with them, present them with an opposing view but to just outright silence them?

Just proves to me that the left are increasingly alarmed that their grasp on the media & their ability to force the conversation in a certain direction are under threat. They are clearly scared to death of free speech.

/——/ Many Years ago, Rush Limbaugh said we can not work with liberals, we can not reach across the aisle, we can not be their friends nor can we trust them. They must be defeated. And it’s still true today.

And you believe everything Master Rush says, eh?

Many years ago he created the Dittoheads, and since then they have never had an original thought. Years ago I drove a County Mountie with only an AM radio. Driving rural CA in many areas, Limbaugh was the only thing I could find on the dial. At first I thought he might be a comedian, mocking Archie Bunker. But it took only a few minutes and couple of calls from Dittoheads to realize this guy was serious and hateful.

Seriously? Gtfo with this stupidity. They only thing they are a danger to is your oppression of conservative voices.

This shit has to be put to bed. Further segmenting our society & suppressing their voice is not the way you win a political debate.
Challenge them, argue with them, present them with an opposing view but to just outright silence them?

Just proves to me that the left are increasingly alarmed that their grasp on the media & their ability to force the conversation in a certain direction are under threat. They are clearly scared to death of free speech.
/——/ Many Years ago, Rush Limbaugh said we can not work with liberals, we can not reach across the aisle, we can not be their friends nor can we trust them. They must be defeated. And it’s still true today.
/----/ Me quoting someone makes them my master? Instead of attacking the messenger, why not refute Rush if you're able.
attack the messenger.png

Many years ago he created the Dittoheads, and since then they have never had an original thought. Years ago I drove a County Mountie with only an AM radio. Driving rural CA in many areas, Limbaugh was the only thing I could find on the dial. At first I thought he might be a comedian, mocking Archie Bunker. But it took only a few minutes and couple of calls from Dittoheads to realize this guy was serious and hateful.
/----/
1.) First of all, a caller started the Ditto phrase meaning she agreed with the previous caller who liked Rush and his message.
2.) You need to listen to him for at last a few weeks to get his message correct.
3.) Nothing hate filled about Rush, otherwise I'd never listen to him. Example: Louie Farrakhan is hate filled so I don't listen to him.

Sure, we can mix private and public concerns. Sort of the worst of both worlds. I'd rather avoid such corruption. If you want government to take over Facebook, then do it. Otherwise, lay off the arm-twisting.
Do you apply that to talk radio and Fox News too?

What do you mean? I'm opposed to government taking over private interests, period. But the middle ground is worse. It invites private companies to profit on the taxpayer dime, and it invites public officials to enhance their power and wealth doing the dirty deed with business.
So, free speech for thee, but not for Me.

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. -- Noam Chomsky

??? How did you glean anything like that from what I said?
You are willing to silence the speech of businesses through government regulation.

Nope.

/----/
1.) First of all, a caller started the Ditto phrase meaning she agreed with the previous caller who liked Rush and his message.
2.) You need to listen to him for at last a few weeks to get his message correct.
3.) Nothing hate filled about Rush, otherwise I'd never listen to him. Example: Louie Farrakhan is hate filled so I don't listen to him.

I listened off and on to Limbaugh up until a few years ago, his Shtick has remained the same for more than 3 decades, and a number of his phrases have become the BIG LIES we read on this forum today.

/----/

I listened off and on to Limbaugh up until a few years ago, his Shtick has remained the same for more than 3 decades, and a number of his phrases have become the BIG LIES we read on this forum today.
/———/ What lies?

Are you including the Liberals at UCLA and other liberal Universities? What about the "Liberal" Leftists in Venezuela? Actually...WHICH Liberals ARE you referring to?

The left has always sought to silence others and they continue to do so today while simultaneously claiming that they support the freedom of expression.

Are you including the Liberals at UCLA and other liberal Universities? What about the "Liberal" Leftists in Venezuela? Actually...WHICH Liberals ARE you referring to?

The left has always sought to silence others and they continue to do so today while simultaneously claiming that they support the freedom of expression.

Refusing to accommodate someone else's speech is in no way "silencing" them. It's just not lending them your megaphone.

Refusing to accommodate someone else's speech is in no way "silencing" them. It's just not lending them your megaphone.

Media Matters tirelessly works to prohibit conservative speakers from being able to speak. That's just one significant example right there.

Neither was that bakery!
PA laws cover religion, race, handicap, gender, and in some states, sexual orientation. Which of those catagories apply in this case?

/----/
Why would I want to be brainwashed like you are?

Neither was that bakery!
PA laws cover religion, race, handicap, gender, and in some states, sexual orientation. Which of those catagories apply in this case?

Several states have added political affiliation to the list, which would likely apply to some of the instances of censorship.

Media Matters tirelessly works to prohibit conservative speakers from being able to speak. That's just one significant example right there.

Media Matters has its own enforcers? Like the police or something? I had no idea.

As a recovering gadfly, I must admit that I relish an argument where both sides are wrong. ;)

If conservatives can find anybody in their ranks who didn’t refuse higher education and knowledge because both are “too liberal,” I’m sure they can easily create a competitor. Buuut I doubt they have anybody like that. They’re still hoping robots forget how to bang on rocks so they can get their coal jobs back.

Right, that's why liberals are so dominant on talk radio.

Come on, first off talk radio is for the elderly.

Secondly, I don't see conservatives applying this new 'free speech' right that forces companies like facebook to be a platform for every fucking crazy idea to apply to talk radio.

Conservatives don't want the government forcing anything of the sort, in either direction. Partisans do.

Conservatives want people to be free to express themselves, right or wrong, stupid or smart. Partisans want to control expression.

Conservatives fight efforts to give the government more control. Partisans want more control for their pet causes.

First off, 'conservative' isn't the polar opposite of 'partisan'.

Secondly, they why are conservatives all up in facebook's ass about Diamond and Silk? Personally, I think if you spout off about #pizzagate as though it were a real story facebook has a moral obligation to separate you from everyone else.

Facebook has the right to control the content expressed in their system, but if they do, they should make it explicitly obvious that's what they're going to do.

Forum List

Back