How are we going to stop the liberal war on free speech and conservative voices?

If conservatives can find anybody in their ranks who didn’t refuse higher education and knowledge because both are “too liberal,” I’m sure they can easily create a competitor. Buuut I doubt they have anybody like that. They’re still hoping robots forget how to bang on rocks so they can get their coal jobs back.

Right, that's why liberals are so dominant on talk radio.
So, are right wingers being stifled or not then?

They're not being stifled by the government. That's the Constitutional imperitive. That being said, Facebook lost all pretense of objectivity by doing this.

From colleges to YouTube and now Diamond & Silk on Facebook.
Facebook to Diamond and Silk: Your content, brand ‘dangerous to the community’

Two conservative black women being targeted as a "danger to the community"

Seriously? Gtfo with this stupidity. They only thing they are a danger to is your oppression of conservative voices.

This shit has to be put to bed. Further segmenting our society & suppressing their voice is not the way you win a political debate.
Challenge them, argue with them, present them with an opposing view but to just outright silence them?

Just proves to me that the left are increasingly alarmed that their grasp on the media & their ability to force the conversation in a certain direction are under threat. They are clearly scared to death of free speech.

/——/ Many Years ago, Rush Limbaugh said we can not work with liberals, we can not reach across the aisle, we can not be their friends nor can we trust them. They must be defeated. And it’s still true today.

And you believe everything Master Rush says, eh?

Many years ago he created the Dittoheads, and since then they have never had an original thought. Years ago I drove a County Mountie with only an AM radio. Driving rural CA in many areas, Limbaugh was the only thing I could find on the dial. At first I thought he might be a comedian, mocking Archie Bunker. But it took only a few minutes and couple of calls from Dittoheads to realize this guy was serious and hateful.
/----/
1.) First of all, a caller started the Ditto phrase meaning she agreed with the previous caller who liked Rush and his message.
2.) You need to listen to him for at last a few weeks to get his message correct.
3.) Nothing hate filled about Rush, otherwise I'd never listen to him. Example: Louie Farrakhan is hate filled so I don't listen to him.
Why would I want to be brainwashed like you are?
/——/ ahhh more name calling. I was a conservative long before Rush was even on the air. Rush just happens to agree with everything I believe in.

Youtube isn't a government program. They are free to allow or disallow what ever they want. Today's version of Amos and Andy are free to post anything they want, and spout whatever they want to spout. Youtube just doesn't care to help them promote it.
Neither was that bakery!
PA laws cover religion, race, handicap, gender, and in some states, sexual orientation. Which of those catagories apply in this case?
The First Amendment.

Refusing to accommodate someone else's speech is in no way "silencing" them. It's just not lending them your megaphone.

Media Matters tirelessly works to prohibit conservative speakers from being able to speak. That's just one significant example right there.

Media Matters has its own enforcers? Like the police or something? I had no idea.

Media Matters threatens organizations with boycotts, etc. for allowing conservatives to speak. Yea, the left supports freedom of expression.

Are you including the Liberals at UCLA and other liberal Universities? What about the "Liberal" Leftists in Venezuela? Actually...WHICH Liberals ARE you referring to?

The left has always sought to silence others and they continue to do so today while simultaneously claiming that they support the freedom of expression.

Refusing to accommodate someone else's speech is in no way "silencing" them. It's just not lending them your megaphone.

And Mr. Zuckerberg has every legal right to keep his "megaphone" to himself, but he does NOT get to keep it to himself and continue to pretend that he isn't doing so.

Are you including the Liberals at UCLA and other liberal Universities? What about the "Liberal" Leftists in Venezuela? Actually...WHICH Liberals ARE you referring to?

The left has always sought to silence others and they continue to do so today while simultaneously claiming that they support the freedom of expression.

And Mr. Zuckerberg has every legal right to keep his "megaphone" to himself, but he does NOT get to keep it to himself and continue to pretend that he isn't doing so.

Sure he does, he has every legal right to keep pretending as well

/——/ Many Years ago, Rush Limbaugh said we can not work with liberals, we can not reach across the aisle, we can not be their friends nor can we trust them. They must be defeated. And it’s still true today.

And you believe everything Master Rush says, eh?

Many years ago he created the Dittoheads, and since then they have never had an original thought. Years ago I drove a County Mountie with only an AM radio. Driving rural CA in many areas, Limbaugh was the only thing I could find on the dial. At first I thought he might be a comedian, mocking Archie Bunker. But it took only a few minutes and couple of calls from Dittoheads to realize this guy was serious and hateful.
/----/
1.) First of all, a caller started the Ditto phrase meaning she agreed with the previous caller who liked Rush and his message.
2.) You need to listen to him for at last a few weeks to get his message correct.
3.) Nothing hate filled about Rush, otherwise I'd never listen to him. Example: Louie Farrakhan is hate filled so I don't listen to him.

I listened off and on to Limbaugh up until a few years ago, his Shtick has remained the same for more than 3 decades, and a number of his phrases have become the BIG LIES we read on this forum today.
/———/ What lies?
upload_2018-4-10_17-23-46.png

Seriously? Gtfo with this stupidity. They only thing they are a danger to is your oppression of conservative voices.

This shit has to be put to bed. Further segmenting our society & suppressing their voice is not the way you win a political debate.
Challenge them, argue with them, present them with an opposing view but to just outright silence them?

Just proves to me that the left are increasingly alarmed that their grasp on the media & their ability to force the conversation in a certain direction are under threat. They are clearly scared to death of free speech.

And by 'free speech' you mean anything but the right wing websites.

You think that Infowars or WND allow 'free speech' on their sites?

Here is a clue- if you believe in Capitalism- don't do business with any business you feel is 'stifling' free speech- i.e. not providing the politically partisan messages you want.
I have never been to those websites so I can't speak to their practices but I doubt they are a communal type place. Not only that but all of these places have a TOS that you agree to before participating. That TOS typically defines what can and might get you shut down. I have seen no evidence that Diamond & Silk, for instance violated any TOS. They just became wildly popular and their voice was contrary to that of the powers that be at Facebook so Facebook deemed them a "danger"

So you are only concerned with 'freedom of speech' by business's- when it comes to certain kind of business's- allegedly shutting down certain types of speech.
Gramps has no idea what he's talking about.

Oh I think he does. I just think he is blinded by the same partisan blinders as Conservatives always have on this subject.

Right wing media- right wing websites are no bastions of free speech. But if a Contard or White supremacist gets shut down anywhere- suddenly these 'patriots' are determined that private companies must provide a forum for any right wing whacko out there.

When the Birther idiocy was at its peak sites like Infowars and WND regularly not only censored comments by people refuting Birther idiocy- they went further and blocked the posters completely.
Gramps knows what he’s talking about in that he’s perfected the art of lying like most on the right, with the same contempt for the facts and the truth common to most on the right.

Gramps doesn’t know what he’s talking about with regard to a ‘war’ on ‘free speech.’

Youtube isn't a government program. They are free to allow or disallow what ever they want. Today's version of Amos and Andy are free to post anything they want, and spout whatever they want to spout. Youtube just doesn't care to help them promote it.
Neither was that bakery!
PA laws cover religion, race, handicap, gender, and in some states, sexual orientation. Which of those catagories apply in this case?
The First Amendment.

Do you even know what the first amendment says, or who it limits?

And by 'free speech' you mean anything but the right wing websites.

You think that Infowars or WND allow 'free speech' on their sites?

Here is a clue- if you believe in Capitalism- don't do business with any business you feel is 'stifling' free speech- i.e. not providing the politically partisan messages you want.
I have never been to those websites so I can't speak to their practices but I doubt they are a communal type place. Not only that but all of these places have a TOS that you agree to before participating. That TOS typically defines what can and might get you shut down. I have seen no evidence that Diamond & Silk, for instance violated any TOS. They just became wildly popular and their voice was contrary to that of the powers that be at Facebook so Facebook deemed them a "danger"

So you are only concerned with 'freedom of speech' by business's- when it comes to certain kind of business's- allegedly shutting down certain types of speech.
How am I supposed to be against suppression on a website I know nothing about and have never witnessed? Am I just supposed to take your word for it and start a petition?
When Trump went on his asinine rants about shutting down CNN I was one of the first to defend CNN's right to bloviate anyway they see fit.
Contrary to your assumptions I have not played sides on this issue.
Your thread premise is a lie.

There is no ‘liberal war’ on ‘free speech’ or conservative voices.

Whether you ‘defend’ CNN or not has nothing to do with the fact your thread premise is a lie and devoid of merit.

Media Matters tirelessly works to prohibit conservative speakers from being able to speak. That's just one significant example right there.

Media Matters has its own enforcers? Like the police or something? I had no idea.

Media Matters threatens organizations with boycotts, etc. for allowing conservatives to speak. Yea, the left supports freedom of expression.

A boycott is an excellent example of freedom of expression. It's a non-violent protest, a way for people to express their disapproval without, literally, fighting. It's a much better way to regulate society than a bunch of intrusive laws.

I think this is why I never could vote Republican, no matter how many libertarian 'shout outs' they'd employ during a campaign.

I’m good with liberals attacking the core values of Americans. It not only highlights their absurdity, it provides some entertainment. lol

We’ll always have people like Golfing Gator living amongst us. All we can do is smile and be thankful for having a sound mind.

:)

Very disturbing what they did to those women. A 'Danger to the Community?' They were banned for simply being Pro-Trump. It's why i've been warning folks about Communists/Democrats for years. Absolute control is their goal. They wanna destroy the Constitution. They're dangerous Authoritarians, leading us to Totalitarianism. Americans better understand what's going on.
No, what’s disturbing is the ignorance and stupidity of your post – and that most conservatives are just as ignorant and stupid.

I’m good with liberals attacking the core values of Americans. It not only highlights their absurdity, it provides some entertainment. lol

We’ll always have people like Golfing Gator living amongst us. All we can do is smile and be thankful for having a sound mind.

Ahh, you made special mention of me in your cute little thread, that is so darn sweet of you. I am glad to know that I have made such an impact on your life that you felt the need to do that.

That is all one can hope for, to leave a lasting impact on the partisan zealots of the world in hopes of driving them closer to thinking for themselves.

Grampa Murked U, this is not a Freedom of Speech issue, it's a cultural/socio-political issue.

The Regressive Left is going to do everything it can to control what is heard, seen and read. And because it has near total control of social media, popular culture and education, and because it has a lion's share of the media, they get what they want.

Nothing they're doing is illegal or unconstitutional, per se, although it clearly flies in the face of the spirit of the First Amendment. But remember, those same people say the Constitution was written by rich white slave rapists anyway, so who cares.

I don't see anything that will change this. They're going for it now.

Right, they were banned for being Pro-Trump. Communists/Democrats despise our Constitution. They want it scrapped. This Facebook move is very predictable. The guy who runs it, is a huge Democrat donor. He's been systematically banning Trump supporters since the Election. He's a real POS.
At least like most conservatives you’re consistent at being ignorant and stupid.

Facebook is a private company, not a government entity, and at liberty to edit content as it sees fit, having nothing to do with the Constitution or ‘free speech.’

And how Factbook might edit its content endangers neither the Constitution nor free speech.

The ultimate freedom of expression, voting with your wallet or our feet by walking away.

Ahh, you made special mention of me in your cute little thread, that is so darn sweet of you. I am glad to know that I have made such an impact on your life that you felt the need to do that.

That is all one can hope for, to leave a lasting impact on the partisan zealots of the world in hopes of driving them closer to thinking for themselves.
Before you start patting yourself on the back... you should first know this isn’t my thread. lol

Before you start patting yourself on the back... this isn’t my thread. lol

Whoops, meant to say post not thread! Thanks for the pick up! you are the greatest. :11_2_1043::11_2_1043:

Before you start patting yourself on the back... this isn’t my thread. lol

Whoops, meant to say post not thread! Thanks for the pick up! you are the greatest. :11_2_1043::11_2_1043:
It’s all good. We’re used to you fucking up.

Sure he does, he has every legal right to keep pretending as well

You misunderstand (that pesky "lack of moral compass" issue again). I am saying that he doesn't get to pretend his company is unbiased and have it be believed.

Forum List

Back