CDZ How Benjamin Netanyahu Freed Me

Up until recently, I had a history of backing Israel, right or wrong. I did so because they were America's friend and ally, or so I thought. Even when they were wrong, my criticisms of them were designed to shield them. No more. Benjamin Netanyahu freed me.
As a nation, we Americans do not realize how our view of Israel is shaped by propaganda and differs radically not only from the view of the other nations on the planet but from the facts on the ground as well.

The alternate views of the history and current policies of the Likud government are not subject to open debate in America. Trying to talk about US-Israel relations with most Americans is like trying to talk about gun control with an NRA member or Roe v. Wade with a right-to-lifer. There is an immediate, accusatory and angry response which precludes any further dialogue.

The tragedy, at least in my view, is that our white-knuckles-on-the-wheel approach to the Palestinian question is enabling the expansionist aggression of Likud,* a policy which could well lead to disaster for the Jewish state.

Friends don't let friends drive drunk, and providing the guns and money which allows Likud to outrage half a billion Muslims surrounding Palestine and to defy the rulings of the United Nations is not doing the Jewish people any good. Uncle Sam needs to take the keys away from Bibi before he leads Israel into a calamitous tragedy.

* Note that I distinguish between the Likud coalition and the people of Israel as a whole.
You shouldn't make that distinction. The people of Israel elected the right wing, not Bibi. He was easily able to form a coalition because that's where Israel is at this point. Disaster for Israel looms from every direction and always has. He's a tough guy, and they're looking for exactly that.

US/Israeli are at a low point, but I don't regard it as a serious threat to our basic relationship. Neither country can back away from the other too far.

i-stand-with-israel1.jpg
The issue in the Occupied Territories is not self-preservation, it is conquest of lebensraum for Eretz Israel through military aggression and illegal occupation. Israel's creation of the Gaza Ghetto is no more an act of self preservation than was the US creation of a Cherokee Reservation in Oklahoma. Think straight and don't fall for AIPAC propaganda.
Simplistic. A one-sided POV.

Up until recently, I had a history of backing Israel, right or wrong. I did so because they were America's friend and ally, or so I thought. Even when they were wrong, my criticisms of them were designed to shield them. No more. Benjamin Netanyahu freed me.
As a nation, we Americans do not realize how our view of Israel is shaped by propaganda and differs radically not only from the view of the other nations on the planet but from the facts on the ground as well.

The alternate views of the history and current policies of the Likud government are not subject to open debate in America. Trying to talk about US-Israel relations with most Americans is like trying to talk about gun control with an NRA member or Roe v. Wade with a right-to-lifer. There is an immediate, accusatory and angry response which precludes any further dialogue.

The tragedy, at least in my view, is that our white-knuckles-on-the-wheel approach to the Palestinian question is enabling the expansionist aggression of Likud,* a policy which could well lead to disaster for the Jewish state.

Friends don't let friends drive drunk, and providing the guns and money which allows Likud to outrage half a billion Muslims surrounding Palestine and to defy the rulings of the United Nations is not doing the Jewish people any good. Uncle Sam needs to take the keys away from Bibi before he leads Israel into a calamitous tragedy.

* Note that I distinguish between the Likud coalition and the people of Israel as a whole.
You shouldn't make that distinction. The people of Israel elected the right wing, not Bibi. He was easily able to form a coalition because that's where Israel is at this point. Disaster for Israel looms from every direction and always has. He's a tough guy, and they're looking for exactly that.

US/Israeli are at a low point, but I don't regard it as a serious threat to our basic relationship. Neither country can back away from the other too far.
Israel cannot back away from the USA and survive. The USA can back away from Israel and is restrained from doing so only by Jewish propaganda and campaign money in our domestic politics.

President Carter caused a freeze in settlements by the mere threat of holding back the welfare check. Once the USA makes a credible threat to suspend support, Israel will sign whatever peace deal the USA tells Israel to sign. It sounds ugly, but that is how the world works.

I remember Carter and the gas lines. I remember our people held for 444 days due to this idiot. Iran's beginning as a primary State Sponsor of Terror began on his watch.

He can tout the Camp David Accords were a lasting Peace began with Israel and Egypt. Yet that deal was going down anyway as they had tired from several Wars.

Carter was the worst President until Obama Showed up.

Israel has the right to exist and a right to defend itself..........America hasn't turned it's back on them since the nation was created, and only get fucked with under Liberal Idiot Presidents........They are the only Nation over there we can trust..........the others not so much.

So I stand with Israel. Self Defense Needs No Explanation.

I remember Carter and the gas lines...
yeah, wasn't that the end of the world

:cuckoo:
It was the beginning of the radical Muslim movement. But to you it was nothing..............Radical Muslims cutting off heads and shit...........Just another day of defending them as they are really good people to a liberal......:laugh2:
you are too nutz

The Muslim Brotherhood is an Islamic organization that was founded in Ismailia, Egypt by Hassan al-Banna in March 1928 as an Islamist religious, political, and social movement.

It was the beginning of the radical Muslim movement. But to you it was nothing..............Radical Muslims cutting off heads and shit...........Just another day of defending them as they are really good people to a liberal......:laugh2:
you are too nutz

The Muslim Brotherhood is an Islamic organization that was founded in Ismailia, Egypt by Hassan al-Banna in March 1928 as an Islamist religious, political, and social movement.
Yeah, they were fans of Hitler..........but the radical movement that's been the main pain in our ass began in Iran.

BTW.........Obama demanded that Egypt make the Muslim Brotherhood part of the process there..........How did that work out for your Hero..................................When Egypt basically flipped him off and Outlawed the Brotherhood there. Rounded them up and are executing them there. Blew up over a 1000 resupply tunnels as well,

Your Hero has a shitty batting average over there.

Israel cannot back away from the USA and survive. The USA can back away from Israel and is restrained from doing so only by Jewish propaganda and campaign money in our domestic politics.

President Carter caused a freeze in settlements by the mere threat of holding back the welfare check. Once the USA makes a credible threat to suspend support, Israel will sign whatever peace deal the USA tells Israel to sign. It sounds ugly, but that is how the world works.
The settlements are an issue, but they're just one of many. Obviously the Israelis need us a lot more than we need them, but we still need them.

The black and white POV confuses me. There are two sides to this problem. Frankly, I don't think the motives of either side are easily analysed. Nor are the attitudes of Americans towards Israel so easily dismissed. It's not just a matter of propaganda and campaign money. Israel is seen as a bastion of democracy and stability in a region which otherwise is a cesspool of failed states.

you are too nutz

Yeah, they were fans of Hitler..........but the radical movement that's been the main pain in our ass began in Iran.

BTW.........Obama demanded that Egypt make the Muslim Brotherhood part of the process there..........How did that work out for your Hero..................................When Egypt basically flipped him off and Outlawed the Brotherhood there. Rounded them up and are executing them there. Blew up over a 1000 resupply tunnels as well,

No it did not.

Nixon dealt with China
Reagan dealt the Soviet Union and he illegally sold arms to Iran
Bush (W) dealt with the enemy who killed American service members

Life is unfair
It's how the real world works

next

you are too nutz

No it did not.

Nixon dealt with China
Reagan dealt the Soviet Union and he illegally sold arms to Iran
Bush (W) dealt with the enemy who killed American service members

Life is unfair
It's how the real world works

next
You have caster wheels on the goal posts today. Easily moving the goal........

who is Benjamin Netanyahu?
adolf hitler son? he is killer like him.hitler was good genocider and he is too

And, how did he do that exactly?
He entered into a partisan debate and broke all protocol and insulted our sitting President. No friend and ally does all of that. He has dome more. Israel reelected him. Actions have consequences. Many Jews and supporters of Israel have tried to paper it all over and convince people like me to back Israel as we used to.

no more

we are free

thank you

Our President insulted him first when he refused to meet with him at the W/H in April of 2009.

And, how did he do that exactly?
He entered into a partisan debate and broke all protocol and insulted our sitting President. No friend and ally does all of that. He has dome more. Israel reelected him. Actions have consequences. Many Jews and supporters of Israel have tried to paper it all over and convince people like me to back Israel as we used to.

no more

we are free

thank you

Our President insulted him first when he refused to meet with him at the W/H in April of 2009.
yes

Forum List

Back