🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How Big is BIG !!!! ????

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Seahawks vs 49ers this Sunday night.

This is only the second game of the season.

Both teams are 1-0.

This is the first NFC West matchup for both teams in argueably the toughest division in the NFL.

This is Seattle's home opener and is being built up into the stratosphere around here as the biggest regular season game in Seattles history of any sport at any time in Seattle sports history.

Meaningless is the 42 to 13 destruction of the 9ers here in week 16 of last season.

What this is to Seattle is a 2-0 start to the season with a probable 3-0 start as we play Jacksonville here a week from Sunday.

A win for either team is huge as it gives either the Seahawks or San Francisco an enormous advantage to a great season and a probable NFC West championship and possibly a record that gives the winning team home field advantage in the playoffs.

For a week two NFL football game this is as big as it gets!

Go Hawks!

Niner's usually have a tough time in Seattle.

As far as the NFC West being the toughest division in football; well,.......thanks for the laff along with my espresso.

Speaking of BIG...

What's the deal with the Eagles? :eek:

I hate Vick...always have.. even before the dog murdering conviction.. NOW he gets good? I hope somebody lets a pitbull loose on the field and he tears Vick's leg off.

:lol:

Speaking of BIG...

What's the deal with the Eagles? :eek:

I hate Vick...always have.. even before the dog murdering conviction.. NOW he gets good? I hope somebody lets a pitbull loose on the field and he tears Vick's leg off.

:lol:

Chip Kelly implemented his high octane spread no huddle offense and Vick/McCoy/Jackson had the speed and talent to execute. Offensive line providing Vick with better protection combined with opposing defenses being put on their heels trying to figure out a warp speed offense having a multitude of play options.
After the 'Skins game, Kelly told the media that the offense can be faster :omg:. Pitbulls aren't fast enuff to catch Vick............maybe a cheetah, an' thatz still a 'maybe'. :lol:

As far as the NFC West being the toughest division in football; well,.......thanks for the laff along with my espresso.

Which is a tougher division?

Niners and Hawks are arguably the top 2 teams in the NFC. Cardinals and Rams both have strong defense.

Niners and Hawks are arguably the top 2 teams in the NFC. Cardinals and Rams both have strong defense.

It's a matter of definition. Tough to me in a division means a division that has the most 'knock yer' jock off' hardest hitting teams. That's the Eastern division, where no one team usually runs away with it in any given year.
No argument from me that niners and Hawks are strong. Just isn't the 'toughest' division, even tho' due to those two teams, may be the 'strongest'.

Does it REALLY get harder hitting than this??????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78qF72JwJwA]Kam Chancellor Crushes Vernon Davis (Rare Angle HD and slo-mo) 12-23-2012 Seattle - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwyHu9dHUxM]Earl Thomas destroys Percy Harvin - YouTube[/ame]

Or THIS ????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amfOq3K1MqQ]Golden Tate's block on Sean Lee in slow motion - YouTube[/ame]

Or this vicious stiff arm by Lynch ??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KEYA7Hl7zU]Marshawn Lynch in beast mode gives Saints stiffarm from hell - YouTube[/ame]

Seattle is at this time one of if not the hardest hitting teams in the NFL.

Legion of BOOM BABY !!!! In the NFC WEST !!!!

It's a matter of definition. Tough to me in a division means a division that has the most 'knock yer' jock off' hardest hitting teams. That's the Eastern division, where no one team usually runs away with it in any given year.
No argument from me that niners and Hawks are strong. Just isn't the 'toughest' division, even tho' due to those two teams, may be the 'strongest'.

NFC East is the weakest it has been in decades. 10-6 will win it

Both 49ers and Hawks are among the leagues best but keep in mind that the Rams had the best divisional record last year. Cards are no longer a pushover

I can't think of a tougher division....a few years after Seattle won it with a 7-9 record

Vernon Davis got tattooed! Tough!

Hits like Harvin received are repeated throughout the league and year by alot of teams. Plus Harvin got up too soon. Not that tough!

This is the biggest game of the weekend

Nobody but Huggy will remember it at the end of the season

The only reason I watch pro football is to see the cheer leaders.

Speaking of "watching" cheerleaders.....

A few years ago one of my best friends, Jay Craig, (the guy that I quoted below about "keeping your basement clean") dated a Seahawk cheerleader considered one of the hottest of all time.."Amber". I met her several times...She really is a stunning beauty and a very nice person..

1354727034_2818_amber.jpg

Hottest Seattle Seahawks Sea Gals cheerleaders - Newark Sports | Examiner.com

Last edited:

Well, that's a lot more subjective. I'd still probably consider the West the toughest. I think that because all 4 teams tend to win with defense, they are all hard hitting clubs. Admittedly, the Niners lost a huge hitter when Goldson left, but still, the West has 4 defensive oriented teams.

The teams in the East seem to be searching for identity. I certainly don't see it as the black & blue division it was. All 4 teams are, IMO, looked at more for their offense than defense at this point in time. And although the Giants just resigned Brandon Jacobs, they don't have the hard-hitting running backs of the past anymore. Morris and Murray are fairly physical runners, but not the 'look for a defender to run over' types.

The East certainly is a division with more overall contention, though. Any of the teams could win, and that may lead to more heated games late in the year, which could lead to tougher contests.

Forum List

Back