Zone1 How can we be sure God has accepted our repentance?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I always fear not doing all I could to ensure my soul rests peacefully and allowed entry into heaven. So I ask a very difficult question, "how do I know that the Lord has forgiven me for any wrong I've ever done"?

Well, you

george-michael-have-faith.gif

Well, you

george-michael-have-faith.gif
I asked for a sign from God and then I experienced a peculiar dream last night. Was at the grocery store and almost broke down and cried when a song came on my mp3 player.. I keep hoping the Lord acts on some of my simple prayers but the abusers in life just grind a good man down.

Last edited:
By faith we can be assured that our souls are saved and we are forgiven when we repent. Pride humans have is is hard to let go of. Until we are shown otherwise we believe we have certain control when in fact as flesh beings we have very little. We are also very impatient creature here in this flesh. Time in the spirit is not the same as time in the flesh. The spirit is for alway and the temporary flesh is just that and weak to boot. Prayers are always answered but not always in the form or time frame we would like to set for those answers.We are only given what we have been prepared to handle. So patience with faith. ALso there is no harm in asking and no dumb question to ask of the spirit within you/ The kingdom is within.

I always fear not doing all I could to ensure my soul rests peacefully and allowed entry into heaven. So I ask a very difficult question, "how do I know that the Lord has forgiven me for any wrong I've ever done"?

That is simple-- Acts 3:19--Repent and turn around( stop doing the sin) to get sin blotted out.
You aren't invited to heaven. Only 144,000 are bought from the earth-Rev 14:3

Remind yourself, "Do not be afraid" is written in the Bible 365 times. While we might consider God telling us "Be not afraid" every day of the year, it might also be interpreted as God reminds us 365 times a day not to be afraid.

Jesus also advised us to discern the will of God and follow it. Turning away from sin and to God, he taught us, results in the forgiveness of sins. Finally Jesus noted his death is for the forgiveness of sins. The Bible also says God will remember our sins no more.

So don't worry about sins being forgiven. That, obviously, is God's task. Our worry is--until we breathe our last--to discern the will of God and follow it. That is more than enough to keep us busy.

Your walking sticks are cherry picked and called pillars of faith .
The refuge of the weak and unwittingly gullible .

How can you even be sure God exists?

5,000 years ago there was no "God", but gods...

It is reality. And that answers your question.

It's not reality. It can be YOUR REALITY, as in, what you believe, but it's not REALITY as in, what we know exists.

And it doesn't answer my question, it totally avoids it.
What if there isn't a God, what if what you think is God, simply isn't there?
At one point they thought God was some dude in the sky... we went up into the sky, he's not there. So we moved the goalposts and said he's not there, he's somewhere else.

Who made God?

Forum List

Back