How Christianity Destroys Sex-Posivity

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
"Adult males and adult females engaged in all water sports without clothes. They dared not wear wet clothes on land, because to do so in the presence of royalty was a crime punishable by death (Malo, 1951, p. 56; see Fornander, 1916/1917-1920, Vol. 5, p. 110). <<The missionaries banned surfing because the surfers stood unashamedly naked on their boards>>. "

"As physical signs of maturity appeared. the young Hawai’ian received more formal sex education...The training concerned not only what to expect and what to do but also how to increase or maximize pleasure. Less formal but similar training was afforded to commoners. There was practice as well as theory. A young male was taught <<timing>> and how to please a female in order to help her attain orgasm (Pukui, Haertig, and Lee, 1972, p. 79). A young female was taught how to touch and caress a male and move her body to please them both. She was taught how to constrict and rhythmically contract her vaginal muscles (Pukui, Haertig, and Lee, 1972, p. 79)."

"The word for orgasm, le ‘a, also means <<fun>> and <<joy>> (Pukui, Haertig, and Lee, 1972, p. 83), an appropriate term in the Hawai’ian language because the object of sexual interactions was mutual happiness and pleasure. "

"Masturbation, sex between uncommitted individuals, paired individuals having lovers, liaisons, polyandry, polygyny, homosexual patterns of behavior, and such were all accepted practices (Malo, 1951, p. 74). Sex was considered to be good and healthy for all, young and old included. "

"The Hawai’ian approach to sex and sex education seemed to be fruitful in many ways. Sexual dysfunctions such as impotence and inhibitions of desire or lack of orgasm among males or females, common enough in Western society today, reportedly were unknown or at least rare (Pukui, Haertig, and Lee, 1972, pp. 84, 97)."

"The absence of concern with sexually transmitted disease (this affliction arrived with the first sailors from Europe in 1778)"

Sexual Behavior in Pre-Contact Hawai’i:
A Sexological Ethnography
MILTON DIAMOND, PH.D.
Universty of Hawai'i at Manoa
Honolulu Hawaii, Estados Unidos
Sexual Behavior in Pre Contact Hawai 8217 i

...Then Christian missionaries arrived, started imposing their values and laws onto the native Hawaiians and messed everything up.

Compare modern Christian thought about sexuality to how the pre-missionary Hawaiians did. And you'll see how Christianity ruins Edens everywhere it gets it's fangs into.

"Religious Roots

The origins of the fundamental reciprocal relationship between physical violence and physical pleasure can be traced to philosophical dualism and to the theology of body/soul relationships. In Western philosophical thought man was not a unitary being but was divided into two parts, body and soul. The Greek philosophical conception of the relationship between body and soul was quite different than the Judeo-Christian concept which posited a state of war between the body and soul. Within Judeo-Christian thought the purpose of human life was to save the soul, and the body was seen as an impediment to achieving this objective. Consequently, the body must be punished and deprived. In St. Paul's words: "Put to death the base pursuits of the body—for if you live according to the flesh, you shall die: but if by the spirit you mortify the deeds of the flesh, you shall live" (Romans 8:13). St. Paul clearly advocated somatosensory pleasure deprivation and enhancement of painful somatosensory stimulation as essential prerequisites for saving the soul.

"Now concerning the things whereof you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman" (1 Corinthians, 7:1).

Aristotle did not view a state of war between the body and soul, but rather envisioned a complimentary relationship in which the state of the soul or mind was dependent on the state of the body. In fact he stated that "the care of the body ought to precede that of the soul." (Politica)

Aristotle also appreciated the reciprocal relationship between pleasure and pain, and recognized that a compulsive search for bodily pleasure originates from a state of bodily discomfort and pain:

Now, excess is possible in the case of the goods of the body, and it is the pursuit of excess, but not the pursuit of necessary pleasures, that makes a man bad. For all men get some kind of enjoyment from good food, wine, and sexual relations, but not everyone enjoys these things in the proper way. The reverse is true of pain: a bad person does not avoid an excess of it, but he avoids it altogether. For the opposite of an excess is pain only for the man who pursues the excess. . . .

Accordingly, we must now explain why the pleasures of the body appear to be more desirable. The first reason, then, is that pleasure drives out pain. When men experience an excess of pain, they pursue excessive pleasure and bodily pleasure in general, in the belief that it will remedy the pain. These remedial (pleasures) become very intense—and that is the very reason why they are pursued because they are experienced in contrast with their opposite. (Nichomachean Ethics, Book 7)

In his discussion of the highest good, Aristotle was quite explicit:

"Therefore, the highest good is some sort of pleasure, despite the fact that most pleasures are bad, and, if you like, bad in the unqualified sense of the word." (Nichomachean Ethics, Book 7)

It is evident that the Judeo-Christian concept of body pleasure is quite the opposite of that outlined by Aristotle, particularly, the relief of body pain and discomfort through somatosensory pleasure. This denial of somatosensory pleasure in Pauline Christian doctrine has led to alternative forms of 'relief' through such painful stimulations as hair-shirts, self-scourgings, self-mutilations, physical violence against others, and in the non-sensory pleasures of drugs.

Experimental animal studies have documented counterparts to these phenomena. For example, animals deprived of somatosensory stimulation will engage in mutilations of their own bodies. Animals deprived of touching early in life develop impaired pain perception and an aversion to being touched by others. They are thus blocked from experiencing the body-pleasure therapy that they need for rehabilitation. In this condition, they have few alternatives but physical violence, where pain-oriented touching and body contact is facilitated by their impaired ability to experience pain. Thus, physical violence and physical pain become therapies of choice for those deprived of physical pleasure.

The question arises as to how Christian philosophy and theology, which borrowed heavily from Aristotle, managed to avoid, if not outright reject, Aristotle's teachings regarding the morality of pleasure. The roots to this question can be found throughout the Old Testament, beginning with the account in Genesis of the expulsion of Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden. The first consequence of Eve's transgression was that nudity became shameful. This even may well be the beginning of man's hostility toward women and the equating of woman with evil, particularly the evils of the body. This is vividly portrayed in Zechariah (5:5-8) in an angel's description of the flying bushel:

"This is a bushel container coming. This is their guilt in all the land." Then a leaden cover was lifted and there was a woman sitting inside the bushel. "This is wickedness, he said, and he thrust her inside the bushel, pushing the leaden cover into the opening."

Violence against sexuality and the use of sexuality for violence, particularly against women, has very deep roots in Biblical tradition, and is spelled out very early. The nineteenth chapter of Genesis (19:1-11), the first book of the Old Testament, holds that the rape of woman is acceptable but the rape of man is "a wicked thing.""
Article Body Pleasure and the Origins of Violence

lots more at link

My wife and I are both Baptized Christians yet we seem to have no problem in the sack. Whoda' thunk it? Impossible right? No Married couples are happy right?

Looks to me like you spend too much time surfing the Internet for Sexual Info.

Here's a tip: Find a real woman and have a relationship with her. Yer gonna' find it's not as bad as the Doom Sayers say.

My wife and I are both Baptized Christians yet we seem to have no problem in the sack. Whoda' thunk it? Impossible right? No Married couples are happy right?

Here's a tip: Find a real woman and have a relationship with her. Yer gonna' find it's not as bad as the Doom Sayers say.

Note, 'Christianity' not 'individual Christians.' Your theology is what's destructive, not you and your wife.

Note, 'Christianity' not 'individual Christians.' Your theology is what's destructive, not you and your wife.
You are what we call a "Happy Idiot".

Not that there is anything wrong with that, beats being a "Miserable Mensa".

I was reading this article yesterday about the unmasking of maybe the worlds biggest internet troll "Violentacrez" (Violent Acres). Now stick with me because this is relevant to your thread.

In this article they pointed out a Psychological condition I'd never heard of before. I don't know, maybe it's just Psychobable but here it is:

"Deindividuation"
Deindividuation
People literally lose themselves when granted anonymity.

I was reading this article yesterday about the unmasking of maybe the worlds biggest internet troll "Violentacrez" (Violent Acres). Now stick with me because this is relevant to your thread.

In this article they pointed out a Psychological condition I'd never heard of before. I don't know, maybe it's just Psychobable but here it is:

"Deindividuation"
Deindividuation
People literally lose themselves when granted anonymity.

To be honest, I suffer that from time to time. Maintaining individuality is hard work when you're doing something interesting with/to a group.

The Theology is inspired by God and written out by Man in the Bible. "Codified into Law" if you like.

Christianity exists here on earth because people practice it. You speak of it like it's a poisonous gas buried deep in the earth that should never be released. And the releasing of it is what's destructive. Is that right?

The Theology is inspired by God and written out by Man in the Bible. "Codified into Law" if you like.

Christianity exists here on earth because people practice it. You speak of it like it's a poisonous gas buried deep in the earth that should never be released. And the releasing of it is what's destructive. Is that right?

Instead of trying to refute the evidence I've provided with your opinion, try refuting it with actual evidence in kind.

To be honest, I suffer that from time to time. Maintaining individuality is hard work when you're doing something interesting with/to a group.
I agree. My "deindividuism" is when I'm reading books, or playing guitar or building my R/C model planes. I get totaly lost in those worlds. The first two are done in isolation but the R/C models are flown at a field with other enthusiasts so is it really deindiviuism? I think at least the building/assembly part is.

What I do for a living requires a lot of contact with the public so these hobbies actually help me to "shift gears mentally" for a time and reduce stress so when I go back to work I'm not completely wound up in the stresses associated with that job. My wife understands this and leaves me alone when I'm doing it (most of the time).

But the point I'm getting at is that Online, Internet "Deindividuism" can be harmful. Just look at the all the wierd, pervy shit Violentacrez said and posted online that eventually led to him losing not just himself but his job and placed his whole family in jeopardy.

Instead of trying to refute the evidence I've provided with your opinion, try refuting it with actual evidence in kind.
Surfing used to be only done by Hawaiian Kings that's why it's "The Sport of Kings". Did Christianity put that oppression in place? No.

I would say the "downfall" of many Pacific Islanders would be the Western Diet. They used to be slim but now the majority of them are fat. I have many Samoan relatives and the vast majority of them are fat. But check this out: You cant blame Christianity for that either as most are Mormons!

I would say the OP has lost himself in "deindividuism" and has trouble defining his online and offline worlds to the point where they are merging, and that could be dangerous, to himself and others.

That has nothing to do with Christianity.

Instead of making things personal, could try refuting the assertion in the title. Either via 'Christianity doesn't destroy sex-posivity because...' or 'Destruction of sex-posivity by Christianity is justifiable because...'

Sad that people can't debate any more.

when I was young we had a joke...."why are our parents opposed to having sex standing up?"

"because it might lead to dancing"

No, satan influence in the world turning people against Christianity is what is ruining the world.

No, satan influence in the world turning people against Christianity is what is ruining the world.

Christianity turns more people against Christianity than any other source.

Wrong again.

Wrong again.

Most atheists were raised Christian. Shrug.

Forum List

Back