How come Lincoln got away with shutting down hundreds of newspapers and jailed journalists

Horseshit. If you think you're the government, then see what happens if you stop paying your taxes. Government is a gang of men. it's seperate and distinct from the governed who rightly view it as an alien hostile force.

Um, I pay my taxes, I get a vote that is counted most of the time, and I get the services I need. I even go along with supporting Libertarians Pissants who love them some civilization, they just don't like the hard work.

The difference is, it's almost impossible to fire government employees. CEOs and the rank and file employee get the boot when they suck. The profit motive beats the loot motive every time.

Guy, most managers suck... they rarely get fired. I've never worked for a manager who didn't suck. Well, that's not true, one or two knew what they were doing.

Honestly, if the only way you can fix an employee who isn't getting the job done is firing him, you probably shouldn't be a manager. Because it's a bad reflection on your management skills.

They are different questions. Government does nothing well.

Again, I would love to fence off a big section of the country and dump all the Libertarians there. No laws, no government, and see how quickly they devolve into cannibalism. It would be hilarious.

Thereby starting the war.
Lincoln started it when he refused to comply with the request to have his troops vacate the premises. He also sent a resupply boat that intruded on the the SC territorial waters.

:lol:

Not acts of war, idiot.
Yes they are, turd. Occupying another nation's territory without their permission is an act of war.

Finally you will are admitting that the Rebel states started the war when they fired on American troops.

The Poles fired on German troops in 1939. So according to you they started WW II.

Claims like yours are how we know that you're an imbecile.
False equivalencies such as that are how we know that you are a moron.

Btw..the war started when the States that later became the Confederacy succeeded. South Carolina seized United States govt. property in a blatant act of war.

Brippat admitted that he has no principals and loves slavery. He believes that nothing justifies the end of slavery and the loss of that slave property in the South.
War does justify the end of slavery. Too bad that wasn't the real purpose for Lincoln. His real purpose was government without consent.

You can't put aside your emotions regarding slavery long enough to see the wrongs committed on the other side. You really do support slavery, just not slavery based on race.

Am I wrong?
The lincoln cult will never admit the war was wrong because their whole welfare state empire is based on it.

The Confederate Cult will never admit that secession was wrong because they still yearn for the days that white men could own black slaves.
Making stuff up doesn't help your case. There isn't the slightest thing wrong with secession. The threat of secession is what kept the federal government in check. I realize you find the prospect to be a horror, but rational people don't find anything good in the prospect of unlimited government power.

Your arguments are pathetic and all are fundamentally grounded on accusing your critics of supporting slavery.

You're a dumbass douchebag, in other words.
Too rich, coming from you..a proven liar and a poster that makes stuff up and falsely attributes actions and quotes all the time to bolster his weak case. The threat of succession obviously does NOT keep the govt. in check..as the South found out to its sorrow.

Our govt. has all sorts of limits..as Trump is constantly finding out...LOL!

Do I believe in a Constitutional Democratically elected government? Why yes I do.

You mean like the governments the Union imposed on the Confederate states after the war?.

Yeah- you are still pissed off that Alabama and Texas have to follow the Constitution and are part of the United States and not their own slave supporting Constitutions.
Lincoln is the one who didn't follow the Constitution, you fucking douchebag. Since when did leftwingers ever give a damn about complying with it?

Ah my favorite little slavery loving douchebag.

Yeah- you are still pissed off that Alabama and Texas have to follow the Constitution and are part of the United States and not their own slave supporting Constitutions
Making stuff up doesn't help your case. It only proves that you're a shameless douchebag.
Indeed..shameless douche bag!
Remeber this/ You said Lincoln wrote this..but you're a liar..he did not.
Abraham Lincoln quarterly. [Vol. 6, no. 3]

How come Lincoln got away with shutting down hundreds of newspapers and jailed journalists

As i said before..you are a liar and a fatmouth..who won't even apologize for his idiocy and inaccuracy..loser.

Last edited:
Horseshit. If you think you're the government, then see what happens if you stop paying your taxes. Government is a gang of men. it's seperate and distinct from the governed who rightly view it as an alien hostile force.

Um, I pay my taxes, I get a vote that is counted most of the time, and I get the services I need. I even go along with supporting Libertarians Pissants who love them some civilization, they just don't like the hard work.

I get mostly stuff I don't need or want. I have paid enough taxes in a single year to feed 3 families on welfare.

The difference is, it's almost impossible to fire government employees. CEOs and the rank and file employee get the boot when they suck. The profit motive beats the loot motive every time.

Guy, most managers suck... they rarely get fired. I've never worked for a manager who didn't suck. Well, that's not true, one or two knew what they were doing.

Honestly, if the only way you can fix an employee who isn't getting the job done is firing him, you probably shouldn't be a manager. Because it's a bad reflection on your management skills.

What a lying dumbass. Managers get fired all the time. My manager at the last salary job had got laid off, and his predecessor also got laid off. I've seen dozens of managers get the boot. Corporate CEOs get the boot all the time. You are just totally full of shit.

You seem to believe that government bureaucrats are good at fixing employees. You couldn't be more wrong. That just keep them around no matter how bad they are. I've seen government employees sleeping at their desks for hours. In the private sector, employees better fix themselves or they get the boot. The private sector doesn't have a lot of tolerance for sloth and incompetence. The manager who never fires anyone is the manager who will be on the next layoff list.

Again, I would love to fence off a big section of the country and dump all the Libertarians there. No laws, no government, and see how quickly they devolve into cannibalism. It would be hilarious.

I would love that as well, but statists like you would never allow it to happen because that would soon lead to the end of the omnipotent state you worship.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Lincoln started it when he refused to comply with the request to have his troops vacate the premises. He also sent a resupply boat that intruded on the the SC territorial waters.

:lol:

Not acts of war, idiot.
Yes they are, turd. Occupying another nation's territory without their permission is an act of war.

Finally you will are admitting that the Rebel states started the war when they fired on American troops.

The Poles fired on German troops in 1939. So according to you they started WW II.

Claims like yours are how we know that you're an imbecile.
False equivalencies such as that are how we know that you are a moron.

Btw..the war started when the States that later became the Confederacy succeeded. South Carolina seized United States govt. property in a blatant act of war.
It's a very apt analogy. The war started when Lincoln invaded Virginia. If he hadn't done that, there would have been no war. There is simply no denying that. Your dumbass theory is based on the imbecile premise that Lincoln was entitled to invade Virginia. That's a premise that has no support in international or constitutional law whatsoever.

Carolina didn't sieze anything. It simply forced the occupying forces of a foreign nation to vacate the premises. Do you imagine that if the federal government buys a piece of property in Iran that we are entitled to station troops there?

In order to accept the Lincoln cult version of how the war started you have to accept numerous propostions that are utterly preposterous.

You mean like the governments the Union imposed on the Confederate states after the war?.

Yeah- you are still pissed off that Alabama and Texas have to follow the Constitution and are part of the United States and not their own slave supporting Constitutions.
Lincoln is the one who didn't follow the Constitution, you fucking douchebag. Since when did leftwingers ever give a damn about complying with it?

Yeah- you are still pissed off that Alabama and Texas have to follow the Constitution and are part of the United States and not their own slave supporting Constitutions
Making stuff up doesn't help your case. It only proves that you're a shameless douchebag.

As i said before..you are a liar and a fatmouth..who won't even apologize for his idiocy and inaccuracy..loser.
Your sources aren't worth the bandwidth used to post them.

Brippat admitted that he has no principals and loves slavery. He believes that nothing justifies the end of slavery and the loss of that slave property in the South.
War does justify the end of slavery. Too bad that wasn't the real purpose for Lincoln. His real purpose was government without consent.

You can't put aside your emotions regarding slavery long enough to see the wrongs committed on the other side. You really do support slavery, just not slavery based on race.

Am I wrong?
The lincoln cult will never admit the war was wrong because their whole welfare state empire is based on it.

The Confederate Cult will never admit that secession was wrong because they still yearn for the days that white men could own black slaves.
Making stuff up doesn't help your case. There isn't the slightest thing wrong with secession. The threat of secession is what kept the federal government in check. I realize you find the prospect to be a horror, but rational people don't find anything good in the prospect of unlimited government power.

Your arguments are pathetic and all are fundamentally grounded on accusing your critics of supporting slavery.

Too rich, coming from you..a proven liar and a poster that makes stuff up and falsely attributes actions and quotes all the time to bolster his weak case. The threat of succession obviously does NOT keep the govt. in check..as the South found out to its sorrow.

Yeah, well, it stops working when the federal government is willing to slaughter 850,000 people to prevent it. Do you actually believe that's a good argument?

You realize that you're a major fucking idiot, don't you?

Am I wrong?

Any "limits" are largely imaginary. They rely solely on what the public is willing to tolerate. However, that is easily changed with constant brainwashing and propaganda. The only limitation is on how long before the government can con a sufficient percentage of the public.

I get mostly stuff I don't need or want. I have paid enough taxes in a single year to feed 3 families on welfare.

Somehow I doubt that... but never mind.

What a lying dumbass. Managers get fired all the time. My manager at the last salary job had got laid off, and his predecessor also got laid off. I've seen dozens of managers get the boot. Corporate CEOs get the boot all the time. You are just totally full of shit.

Um, yeah... The only time I ever saw a manager get fired was when they closed down our branch due to his incompetence... and that was over 20 years ago.

You seem to believe that government bureaucrats are good at fixing employees. You couldn't be more wrong. That just keep them around no matter how bad they are. I've seen government employees sleeping at their desks for hours.

Well, to start with, where could you have possibly been where you could observed a government employee sleeping at his desk for "hours"? How could you possibly have that much free time on your hands?

Your stories have less and less credibility with each telling.

It's a very apt analogy. The war started when Lincoln invaded Virginia. If he hadn't done that, there would have been no war. There is simply no denying that. Your dumbass theory is based on the imbecile premise that Lincoln was entitled to invade Virginia. That's a premise that has no support in international or constitutional law whatsoever.

Uh, no the war started when the South attacked Ft. Sumter in SC. You fail even basic history.

You seem to believe that government bureaucrats are good at fixing employees. You couldn't be more wrong. That just keep them around no matter how bad they are. I've seen government employees sleeping at their desks for hours. In the private sector, employees better fix themselves or they get the boot. The private sector doesn't have a lot of tolerance for sloth and incompetence. The manager who never fires anyone is the manager who will be on the next layoff list.

I would love that as well, but statists like you would never allow it to happen because that would soon lead to the end of the omnipotent state you worship.

Joe actually believes that people perform better when you make them unaccountable. It's delusional

Somehow I doubt that... but never mind.

Um, yeah... The only time I ever saw a manager get fired was when they closed down our branch due to his incompetence... and that was over 20 years ago.

You work for a government protected monopoly, don't you?

You seem to believe that government bureaucrats are good at fixing employees. You couldn't be more wrong. That just keep them around no matter how bad they are. I've seen government employees sleeping at their desks for hours.

Well, to start with, where could you have possibly been where you could observed a government employee sleeping at his desk for "hours"? How could you possibly have that much free time on your hands?

Your stories have less and less credibility with each telling.

I was a consultant working on a project, dumbass. The government hired us even though it has employees that were supposedly competent to do that job, but they would never get it done.

Yeah, I get it, the actual historical documents..have no credence with idiots..ROTFLMFAO!

You're still a liar...and markedly unintelligent, to boot. I get differing opinions..but different facts? Quotes attributed falsely?

The South was not a victim..but the perpetrator of our national tragedy. Their leadership brought that bloody war about for one reason..they felt that their stranglehold on US politics was about to end..that despite a Constitutional 'false equity', counting slaves to make a false representation of their population and garner representation they were not entitled to...they could no longer be the tail that wagged the dog...so they cut and ran. We, the United States of America, decided differently..and on the battlefield, where ultimately such cases are decided..the South was crushed and the Jeffersonian political philosophy was rejected by our country.

All the whining in the world will not change this..all the historical revisions and false equivalencies will not change this. War is horrible..and Civil War the worst! But...The South could have cowed down to the rule of law..accepted that the days of slavery were numbered--made the best deal possible--and perhaps, just perhaps--the Jeffersonian ideal of sovereign individual states might have survived, in some form, at least.

The fact that it bugs you...is just an added little cherry on my Sunday...LOL!

Yeah, I get it, the actual historical documents..have no credence with idiots..ROTFLMFAO!

You're still a liar...and markedly unintelligent, to boot. I get differing opinions..but different facts? Quotes attributed falsely?

The South was not a victim..but the perpetrator of our national tragedy. Their leadership brought that bloody war about for one reason..they felt that their stranglehold on US politics was about to end..that despite a Constitutional 'false equity', counting slaves to make a false representation of their population and garner representation they were not entitled to...they could no longer be the tail that wagged the dog...so they cut and ran. We, the United States of America, decided differently..and on the battlefield, where ultimately such cases are decided..the South was crushed and the Jeffersonian political philosophy was rejected by our country.

All the whining in the world will not change this..all the historical revisions and false equivalencies will not change this. War is horrible..and Civil War the worst! But...The South could have cowed down to the rule of law..accepted that the days of slavery were numbered--made the best deal possible--and perhaps, just perhaps--the Jeffersonian ideal of sovereign individual states might have survived, in some form, at least.

What historical documents? You haven't posted anything from any "historical documents." You've posted the opinion of some humbug government subsidized historian.

The South was obviously the victim. Lincoln invaded the South and ended up slaughtering 850,000 people. Lincoln is the sole cause of the war. He gave the order to invade Virginia. That fact is irrefutable. Your post is nothing but an attempt to spin the facts. The 3/5 clause in the Constitution is irreleant.

You're arguing that might makes right, just as any douchebag Stalinist would.

What Lincoln did is the exact opposite of the rule of law. No law gave Lincoln the authority to invade Virginia. That's the bottom line.

You're trying to justify mass murder.

Desperate times call for desperate measures

Lincoln did what was necessary to preserve the Union

By far, our greatest president

Who decided "saving the union" takes precedence over following the Constitution? The answer is that a gang of servile Stalinist todies decided that. All you Lincoln cult members are like abusive husbands who believe you're justified in beating your wives because they made you mad.

The Constitution aimed to make “a more perfect union”. That union was being broken

Lincoln saved us

What historical documents? You haven't posted anything from any "historical documents." You've posted the opinion of some humbug government subsidized historian.

The South was obviously the victim. Lincoln invaded the South and ended up slaughtering 850,000 people. Lincoln is the sole cause of the war. He gave the order to invade Virginia. That fact is irrefutable. Your post is nothing but an attempt to spin the facts. The 3/5 clause in the Constitution is irreleant.

You're arguing that might makes right, just as any douchebag Stalinist would.

What Lincoln did is the exact opposite of the rule of law. No law gave Lincoln the authority to invade Virginia. That's the bottom line.

You're trying to justify mass murder.
The south created a nation whose sole purpose was to preserve slavery

They deserved to be destroyed

Who decided "saving the union" takes precedence over following the Constitution? The answer is that a gang of servile Stalinist todies decided that. All you Lincoln cult members are like abusive husbands who believe you're justified in beating your wives because they made you mad.

The Constitution aimed to make “a more perfect union”. That union was being broken

Lincoln saved us

The preamble has no legal force, moron.

Lincoln saved us

The preamble has no legal force, moron.

It states the purpose of our Constitution

Forum List

Back