Zone1 How corporate America is slashing DEI workers amid backlash to diversity programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hector12

Platinum Member
Feb 28, 2023
abc NEWS, July 7, 2023

DEI officers say they've faced cuts in the years since George Floyd's murder.

Years after the death of George Floyd shined a spotlight on societal inequities, diversity professionals say some companies are turning their backs on the progress that's been made to address them.

Madison Butler is one of the many diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) professionals that companies previously brought on their payroll to ensure their business is equitable and accessible for people of all backgrounds.

But in recent months, Butler said she has found it increasingly hard to find work -- and she's not alone.

DEI positions have been disproportionately hit by layoffs across industries, but particularly at tech companies...

When Butler reached out to DEI professionals who planned to hire her for consulting, she said companies have told her: "'Oh, this person is no longer with the company.' 'Oh, this person has been laid off.' 'Oh, this person no longer works here effective last month.'

---------------

It looks like the diversity fad is fading. It did not take top executives long to discover that because of the race gap in average intelligence, it was not possible to create a diverse work force without lowering standards for Negroes, and consequently lowering the productivity of the entire work force.

bellcurve5.jpg

Last edited:
abc NEWS, July 7, 2023

Years after the death of George Floyd shined a spotlight on societal inequities, diversity professionals say some companies are turning their backs on the progress that's been made to address them.

Madison Butler is one of the many diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) professionals that companies previously brought on their payroll to ensure their business is equitable and accessible for people of all backgrounds.

But in recent months, Butler said she has found it increasingly hard to find work -- and she's not alone.

DEI positions have been disproportionately hit by layoffs across industries, but particularly at tech companies...

When Butler reached out to DEI professionals who planned to hire her for consulting, she said companies have told her: "'Oh, this person is no longer with the company.' 'Oh, this person has been laid off.' 'Oh, this person no longer works here effective last month.'

---------------

It looks like the diversity fad is fading. It did not take top executives long to discover that because of the race gap in average intelligence, it was not possible to create a diverse work force without lowering standards for Negroes, and consequently lowering the productivity of the entire work force.

View attachment 887543
This is excellent news! Let’s get rid of using skin color as a factor in whom to hire or promote and get back to simply hiring the most competent and qualified person for any given job.

abc NEWS, July 7, 2023

---------------

View attachment 887543
Maybe, they didn't get your certified check to pay for the DEI office, staffing, training and payroll, instead of devoting corporate profit, to the goodwill endeavor.

abc NEWS, July 7, 2023

---------------

This makes me happy .. when you get scolded for using common language from the IT Lexicon, like white listing, black listing, master drive, slave drive and other such words that have nothing to do with race ... censorship of language because it "offends someone" has gone too far.

This delusion part of the white population in America is living in right now has got to end.

This is excellent news! Let’s get rid of using skin color as a factor in whom to hire or promote and get back to simply hiring the most competent and qualified person for any given job.

I'm all for that.

No more hiring your girlfriend, or your idiot nephew, or your drinking buddy.

Because I've seen far more of those in my career than I've seen "unqualified" minorities.

Now, in full fairness, I only have my current job because a young lady I mentored in her career 15 years ago (God, time flies!) recommended me to a manager. I am pretty sure that there were people out there with more experience who applied; this was during the height of the Trump Recession (TM), when unemployment was still at 7%. But I had an inside edge.

I am sure that the fact that I write resumes as a side business has given me an edge over other applicants because I know how to beat the ATS systems that sort resumes.

So, Lisa, do you want to get rid of all unfairness in the hiring process, or just the "unfairness" that favors black people?

No need to answer, we already know.

What delusion?

Diversity, equity, and inclusion is the enemy of merit, quality, and qualifications.

No, it's the enemy of PRIVILEGE.

Again, I've worked with a manager once, whose only qualification was that she was fucking the Regional VP. So everyone lived in mortal terror of her. Most of her ideas were bad, and people avoided asking her advice on stuff or involving her in their projects. But she was fucking the Regional VP and had a sweet stay at home job.

Another case, A manager wanted to bring his drinking buddy on board to fill a planner role, but he was told he had to lose one buyer from the Purchasing Department to do it. Well, they fired the black contractor, and I ended up doing all of her work. I also ended up doing the Drinking Buddy's work, because he really didn't know what he was doing. (Not a dig, I considered both of these people to be friends).

And I can't tell you how many times I've had to work for people who were related to a manager who got jobs they had no business doing.

But Jamal stuffed you into a locker once, so you hate anything that helps black people.

No, it's the enemy of PRIVILEGE.
By every objective, measurable criterion whites tend to be more intelligent than blacks. Consequently it is not possible to achieve diversity, equity, and inclusion without lowering objective measures of quality for blacks.

By every objective, measurable criterion whites tend to be more intelligent than blacks. Consequently it is not possible to achieve diversity, equity, and inclusion without lowering objective measures of quality for blacks.
If Blacks were so inferior, whites wouldn't have needed 400 years of racial discrimination to keep them down.

If Blacks were so inferior, whites wouldn't have needed 400 years of racial discrimination to keep them down.
If you want to see what Negroes would have achieved without whites, look at sub Saharan Africa, the Caribbean, and Haiti.

Show me a place where blacks have never been oppressed by whites through colonization or slavery, and then you can get back to me.
Ethiopia, the Sudan, and Liberia.

Whites were able to oppress the Negroes elsewhere because on the average they were - and are - quite a bit more intelligent than the Negroes.

I have already pointed out that African Negroes were enslaved by other African Negroes and then sold to whites. Whites could not enter the interior of Africa because they lacked resistances to African diseases.

abc NEWS, July 7, 2023

---------------

View attachment 887543
There is no 'race gap' in average intelligence of the American citizen. There is just resentment at having stupid stuff thrown in our faces day after day in a way that greatly increases racism and a feeling of separation between people. Add that to the fact that skin color should be treated no differently than hair or eye color. If you want to raise the earning potential of black people, the recipe is the same as it is for all people:

1. Stay in school and educate yourself
2. Stay away from illegal substances and activities
3. Keep tattoos and piercings out of sight or minimal or just don't get them.
4. Accept whatever Mcjobs you can get and use them to develop skills, work ethic, references.
5. Get married to a responsible person before having children.
6. Learn basic courtesy and manners and people skills and utilize them with everybody until they are automatic.
7. Learn how to groom yourself and dress for success.
8. Keep your sociopolitical opinions, religion and that chip on your shoulder out of other people's faces.

This is where the emphasis should be and should be drilled into the young beginning at an early age. This is what will help all people have the best shot at achieving personal satisfaction/prosperity. And this is what will change negative attitudes that people have about some other people. Tell me that I have to change MY attitudes and opinions and/or treat you differently because you have a certain skin color or ethnicity or sexual orientation or whatever and I might outwardly conform but inwardly I will resent it. And that's how racism and the other prejudices/-isms are perpetuated from generation to generation.

Last edited:
Ethiopia, the Sudan, and Liberia.
Okay, three strikes and you are out.

Ethiopia, you almost came close, not forgetting the time it was an Italian colony. The problem here is that even though it remained nominally independent, it's economy was dominated by the colonies that surrounded it.

Sudan was a British Colony. So you'd strike out there, too.

Liberia was effectively an American colony, where the freed slaves were settled, AFTER they had learned to be brutal by their slave masters. Most of Liberia's history has been conflict between the resettled Americans and the native people.

There is no 'race gap' in average intelligence of the American citizen. There is just resentment at having stupid stuff thrown in our faces day after day in a way that greatly increases racism and a feeling of separation between people. Add that to the fact that skin color should be treated no differently than hair or eye color. If you want to raise the earning potential of black people, the recipe is the same as it is for all people:

So essentially, you are upset that black people are upset by the truly awful treatment they've encountered in America since America started.

I agree, skin color SHOULD be treated as another cosmetic feature, but 400 years of history says otherwise.

1. Stay in school and educate yourself
2. Stay away from illegal substances and activities
Do you mean as Rush Limbaugh did?

Check your privilege!

Okay, three strikes and you are out.

Ethiopia, you almost came close, not forgetting the time it was an Italian colony. The problem here is that even though it remained nominally independent, it's economy was dominated by the colonies that surrounded it.

Sudan was a British Colony. So you'd strike out there, too.

Liberia was effectively an American colony, where the freed slaves were settled, AFTER they had learned to be brutal by their slave masters. Most of Liberia's history has been conflict between the resettled Americans and the native people.
Whites have been able to dominate Negroes because we tend to be quite a bit more intelligent than they are.. What Negroes have learned about civilization they learned from us. They did not develop it on their own. Before the white slave trade African Negroes were illiterate tribesmen who sometimes practiced cannibalism and human sacrifice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back