How Did Jesus Have Patience With People?

Guys can we please get back on topic? Of course Jesus farted and went to the bathroom like any ordinary human as those aren't sins they're just bodily functions.

Maybe Liberals aren't worthy
I don't think it was liberals whom nailed him up.
We're all guilty.
No escaping that truth friend.
Hugs
We're all guilty.
conflate somewhere else, politico - not everyone is a crucifier, (except) christians. christian.

not sure where mary magdene and crew were - later crucified themselves, weaklings - so sad.
I picked this specially for you

View attachment 504714

Maybe Liberals aren't worthy
We're all guilty.
Hugs
We're all guilty.
conflate somewhere else, politico - not everyone is a crucifier, (except) christians. christian.

not sure where mary magdene and crew were - later crucified themselves, weaklings - so sad.

View attachment 504714

We're all guilty.

conflate somewhere else, politico - not everyone is a crucifier,

... someone is escaping the truth - or someone does not know the truth.

you simply haven't an adequate response for your error - maybe you can explain how you believe everyone is a crucifier -

especially those who are not 4th century christians. could it have been your false belief everyone is a sinner had you confused. really.

Go start a new thread an we'll discuss it... if your really interested that is.
It could be very long winded with pages and pages and pages and pages of scripture to back it up.
Keep this thread to the OP please.
Thankyou

Go start a new thread an we'll discuss it... if your really interested that is.
mine is a reply to a statement you made in this thread -

defend it, retract it or correctly make the admission not everyone is a crucifier and succinctly a sinner.

and yes, the discussion is relevant to this thread. as what or who is an aggravation to whom.

The discussion is about the Patience of Jesus. Not who crucified him.
Therefore it is irrelevant.

The discussion is about the Patience of Jesus. Not who crucified him.
Therefore it is irrelevant.

and yes, the discussion is relevant to this thread. as what or who is an aggravation to whom.
again you are in error - the o p makes allegations they are being persecuted ...
. People really tend to piss me off (mostly on here) and then I lose control of my language. Any suggestions?
this is neither their church nor yours.
1624498716918.png

if the above is their intent, they should not have started the thread.

How Did Jesus Have Patience With People?​

What is a Woe?
a primary exclamation of grief; "woe":—alas, woe.

In Matthew 23 The first verse says:
Mat 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

It doesn't say yelled, screamed, whispered.. it just says he spoke to his disciples.
Up until verse 13 Jesus is giving the disciples instructions on how they should behave themselves in comparison to how
the Scribes (lawyers) and Pharisees conduct themselves.

Do what they say, but don't do what they do.

It seems to me the "TONE" of the conversation changes to a bit more agitated:
Beginning in verse 13 and ending at verse 39, Jesus mentions 8 woes.

It would seem to me that He is directing these words directly to the Scribes and Pharisees rather than just speaking to his disciples about them.

Face to Face,

As an example the first woe goes like this:
Mat 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

We're talking about the patience of Jesus.
Do you think Jesus was being patient or impatient with the Scribes and Pharisees?
How do you HEAR the tone of what he is saying?
Does it sound gentle, mild, calm, agitated, frustrated, angry?

How do you hear it?

The Patience of Jesus remember?
This is your question Potterhead. How would you answer it?

Hugs

Kind of hard to believe when the overwhelming majority of Greeks and Romans were illiterate.

All I know is that right now I feel like such a horrible Christian. I don't usually cuss but people on here have pushed me to writing this in my signature.
That's just an excuse. No one has the power to make you do anything. You give them that.
That's turning the the other cheek. Not letting them push you into anything you know isn't right.
Not giving them the satisfaction of making you angry.
Some arguments need defending. You need to speak up and speak out.
The challenge is, thinking about what you say before you say it.
And choosing your words wisely.
We're all learning. No one gets it all right all of the time.
But the more we practice the better we get.
HUGS
:)

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

a time to keep silence, and a time to speak " Ecc 3:1,7

Not really.

Not really what? That you don't have an answer for me or that Jesus wasn't an angry person?
If you look at the string.....you can see I wasn't answering you....I was answering Indeependent.

I don't know where he got the idea Jesus was an angry person.

He was patient but had justified anger when it came to people sinning.

I'm asking this question because I don't and Ziggy already knows this. People really tend to piss me off (mostly on here) and then I lose control of my language. Any suggestions? Hopefully this doesn't count as flaming because I'm actually trying to gain better control of this and be a better Christian.
1. jesus was just another person
2. we don't know for sure if he did have patience
3. christians are no better than anyone else

1. He was also the Son of God

2. Yes we do it's called the Bible.

3. Debatable as we sin just like everybody else, but those who know Christ have salvation.
...there is no god--no proof at all...and please don't say ''you can't prove there is not a god''' --very silly/childish
Hello harmonica. Good to see another player here.
...there is no god--no proof at all...and please don't say ''you can't prove there is not a god''' --very silly/childish

Read my signature. Do you think I care about your opinions? I don't care anymore and if you don't believe in God,.. then what the heck are you doing here!?! :mad: (You see this is why I lose my patience to people like this.)
hahhahahahahahahaha
still not proof of god

The just shall live by faith.... not by knowledge or by what they are able to prove to doubters or unbelievers. The proof is in their heart.

Thanks as things are a lot different on here,.. not that I'm proud of that because I'm not. I've been ignoring more now than cussing. :) (Of course today I found this really disgusting thread where they were laughing at stupid members on here and I sort of blew my top without meaning to even though it was for the right reason and my heart was in the right place.)

Now you know how I feel. You're telling me he didn't swear because of what's in the Bible. Come on dude. We know the Bible doesn't say EVERYTHING.

You don't know he didn't swear, as much as you don't know when he took a shit.

Fine,.. believe what you want I don't care but now you're starting to get off topic.

Well, apparently this is about whether Jesus had patience with people, and it was YOU who brought up swearing.

The reality is I don't believe anything. You're the one telling me you BELIEVE he didn't swear and your "evidence" for that is so lacking.

I merely changed the word "swearing" to "shitting" and you think it's all of a sudden ridiculous.

The reality is the Bible is a political book, it was edited, changed, it's gone through 2000 years and many translations. It's not good evidence for much at all.

And Potterhead need to focus on that...being herself, regardless, and not give a flying fuck who likes you or not. Or who picks on you either, for that matter. Fuck 'em. Slap 'em on iggie. Unless you WANT to argue and bicker with idiots. Then that's up to you.

When did I ever say that I cared about who likes me or not though?
To be pissed off, you hafta care, dontcha? Otherwise, you wouldn't be pissed off enough to doubt yourself as a christian.

Do you think Moses would have been a good christian? He was a warrior. He killed people in battle..including women and children. No turning the cheek for him. So when you get angry, why would that make you not a good christian?
Patience is a virtue, or so they say. I guess I'm lacking in that particular virtue...and don't give a shit one way or another. And who decides who is a "good christian"? God.

Last edited:
I thought I read somewhere...not sure where...that Jesus was a brat when he was a kid. I know not much is known about him as a child but..all kids are brats. He would have been no exception. And before Hall Monitor Ziggy comes in yelling OFF TOPIC...it isn't, because if Jesus was so patient, how did he get that way. He was human, in a human body, sent by God. He died for our sins and yet look at us now. Worse than sodom and gomorrah.

Now you know how I feel. You're telling me he didn't swear because of what's in the Bible. Come on dude. We know the Bible doesn't say EVERYTHING.

You don't know he didn't swear, as much as you don't know when he took a shit.

Fine,.. believe what you want I don't care but now you're starting to get off topic.

Well, apparently this is about whether Jesus had patience with people, and it was YOU who brought up swearing.

The reality is I don't believe anything. You're the one telling me you BELIEVE he didn't swear and your "evidence" for that is so lacking.

I merely changed the word "swearing" to "shitting" and you think it's all of a sudden ridiculous.

The reality is the Bible is a political book, it was edited, changed, it's gone through 2000 years and many translations. It's not good evidence for much at all.
If to be real in the things of God the kind of evidence you apparently would require would indeed be lacking. God's truth is not impossible to find, but the pathway to it is definite and you are not on it... so your conclusion is understandable. You have your allotted time to do with as you will and as you can.

I thought I read somewhere...not sure where...that Jesus was a brat when he was a kid. I know not much is known about him as a child but..all kids are brats. He would have been no exception. And before Hall Monitor Ziggy comes in yelling OFF TOPIC...it isn't, because if Jesus was so patient, how did he get that way. He was human, in a human body, sent by God. He died for our sins and yet look at us now. Worse than sodom and gomorrah.
Yes, worse than Sodom and Gomorrah! And "Jesus wept" because he saw that even when he was there in the flesh walking among people even his follows very often had a selfish purpose. We all do, but the idea to show some that there is another way to walk. Whether they will...? Most of them, will take the wide gate leading to destruction. They were just about all gone when the end was close. Even then Jesus would not compromise to keep them on his side as he challenged even his very closest followers [see John 6:66 ff]

From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
Peter in spite of his own too often rambunctious and difficult spirit was the one who responded to Jesus with these words:

Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Yes, worse than Sodom and Gomorrah! And "Jesus wept" because he saw that even when he was there in the flesh walking among people even his follows very often had a selfish purpose. We all do, but the idea to show some that there is another way to walk. Whether they will...? Most of them, will take the wide gate leading to destruction. They were just about all gone when the end was close. Even then Jesus would not compromise to keep them on his side as he challenged even his very closest followers [see John 6:66 ff]

Peter in spite of his own too often rambunctious and difficult spirit was the one who responded to Jesus with these words:

God. He died for our sins and yet look at us now. Worse than sodom and gomorrah.

Yes, worse than Sodom and Gomorrah!
no one died for anyon's sins - does that even make sense ...

take a hint, 4th century christians have been in charge of that religion to date, it is they you equate to sod / gom - if you are religious you should undo the forgeries and fallacies of the 4th century to discover the true meaning of the 1st - or perish as others as imposters.

than a 10000 page book alley way to a dead end.

God. He died for our sins and yet look at us now. Worse than sodom and gomorrah.

Yes, worse than Sodom and Gomorrah!

take a hint, 4th century christians have been in charge of that religion to date, it is they you equate to sod / gom - if you are religious you should undo the forgeries and fallacies of the 4th century to discover the true meaning of the 1st - or perish as others as imposters.

than a 10000 page book alley way to a dead end.
I walk my own path. I don't give a rats ass about anyone elses...past or present.

There are the lost sea scrolls or the apocrypha I guess their called?
There is a book about when Jesus was a child and I forget, he killed a bird and brought it back to life or something?
I don't remember. I dabble a bit in the scrolls but I never studied them.

I believe that's what the challenge was being sent into the desert with Satan to overcome the "flesh" .
It was right after he was baptized. So that would mark the beginning of his journey, the same way it does for a christian.
That's the starting gate.
What happened before that..??
He had to go through everything a normal human being goes through, in order to be able to sympathize with our
state of being in all ages of life.
Does that mean even he would have to overcome a stage of rebelliousness?
How else could we, if he didn't go through it first?

Interesting...
Thank You
Hugs

Let's say you drew a picture. Some kids came along and put scratches in it and threw mud on it, and it was unrecognizble.
You would possibly get angry enough to just throw the thing in the trash.
But then you knew of a way to maker the scratches and the mud go away so you could save the picture.

You would still be really angry at those kids and want to have revenge.
But instead, you put the blame on yourself, because those kids, were your kids.
But the anger had to go somewhere. And so he took the punishment he would have given those kids and put it on himself.

Does that help?
Hugs

Forum List

Back