How Did Jesus Have Patience With People?

I'm asking this question because I don't and Ziggy already knows this. People really tend to piss me off (mostly on here) and then I lose control of my language. Any suggestions? Hopefully this doesn't count as flaming because I'm actually trying to gain better control of this and be a better Christian.

I would assume Jesus knew his purpose, his blessings, and his place in the Kingdom of God.

Or, if your are Christian, you have to admit Jesus lost his temper at the Temple, and more than once (Matthew: 21 and John: 2).
I am not Christian, but if you are, that may help.

Oops ... mudwhistle beat me to it, and I should have read down further.

Yes, the Bible says it was for the love of his father that he got angry.
The temple was meant to be a place of prayer. A place where people would come to console each other, a place of healing.
A place of rejoicing, a fellowship, a gathering. A place to give thanks.

But it had been turned into a cold loveless business.
A place of greed and abuse. Of oppression and carelessness.

He was angry because they had turned their backs on the one that put them in charge to be their brother's keeper.
They were the watchers, the healers, the judges, the teachers.
And they failed. And they took a lot of people with them down into the depths of depression and hopelessness.

Yes, he was angry, and righteously so.

Thank You
Hugs
read it again. NO WHERE does Jesus come close to saying what you claim He
THOUGHT. The key to understanding the NT is in the NT itself
Why don't you explain it then.
I would like to hear your thoughts.
Thank You
Hugs
the reason that Jesus and his companions made a PLANNED foray into the
Temple courtyard in order to attack the money changers WAS because the
money changers were ROMAN SHILLS just as were the appointed high priests who
were SADDUCEES and just as was HEROD who was not actually qualified to be King.
The key to understanding who Jesus was is IN THE NT.
Course he wasn't a Zealot either.

I'm asking this question because I don't and Ziggy already knows this. People really tend to piss me off (mostly on here) and then I lose control of my language. Any suggestions? Hopefully this doesn't count as flaming because I'm actually trying to gain better control of this and be a better Christian.

I would assume Jesus knew his purpose, his blessings, and his place in the Kingdom of God.

Or, if your are Christian, you have to admit Jesus lost his temper at the Temple, and more than once (Matthew: 21 and John: 2).

The temple was meant to be a place of prayer. A place where people would come to console each other, a place of healing.

He was angry because they had turned their backs on the one that put them in charge to be their brother's keeper.
And they failed. And they took a lot of people with them down into the depths of depression and hopelessness.

Thank You
Hugs
Thank You
Hugs
Jesus came to get his sheep.
Consider Levi..
And as he passed by, he saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the receipt of custom, and said unto him, Follow me. And he arose and followed him.

The temple had been taken over by insurrection.
I agree with what your saying, that the people were put in those places for Rome's purpose.
Some of them just needed a job like Levi.

The key to who Jesus is, is in the entire Bible.
:)
Thank you for your response.
tell me more
Hugs

Thank You
Hugs
Thank You
Hugs
the group known as "zealots" did not come about until about 50 AD
Jesus was, certainly, ANTI-ROME as were members of His family-----He was
supposed to be related to John the Baptist-----a kind of political enemy of Herod--
who---thus knocked his head off.

Potterhead, we have two things that are practical to live in the light of the kingdom of God.. First is preparation, and it takes time and perseverence. Read the Word on a daily basis. You are a bright person, and I learned from my grandfather this: "The Bible is written in a way the common person can understand it. Trust what it says. Just as an aside the Bible is long, but if you read 4 chapters a day, 365 days, you will have read the entire book once. Read it as many years as you need to.
Second, have faith in the goodness of God as you continue in the word. The third aspect is membership with Christians in a faith you trust. I chose the faith that my European ancestors have been participants in through my generation which has been four hundred years as of 2019. Know, love, and pray for your fellow members in your church community in good times and in bad, keeping in mind the only perfect entity in the church is the spirit of God. You will come to know and love the ways of the Kingdom and your trueness in belief and devotion to the word. Trust yourself to trust in God. We're only on this earth the number of years God already knows. But the Kingdom unifies life and life in the kingdom after this life ends, and they say it's a beautiful place. :thup:

Jesus did not have patience with all people.....He did not have patience with morons.:nono:
so true------didn't He say "DON'T cast your pearls before swine" ?
Isn't that what I said?
no Jesus said it-----he got it from the talmud. It was a commonly known
adage at the time
I imagine so. I imagine there were a lot of old sayings that people used back then, but he had this crazy way of making sense of all of it. They said he spoke in terms that the people of the day could relate to while the Sanhedrin would simply spout scripture and everyone would nod and agree and never understand what it meant. He also practiced what he preached.
can you cite the words that Jesus used to state that the SANHEDRIN at that time
simply spouted scripture with no understanding? It seems to me that Jesus used
what you call "the old sayings" in the same way they were widely used at that time.
It was part of the lingo
No offense....but this isn't a Bible Study class.
If you want to explore the New Testament and maybe start a thread....introduce yourself...lay out an outline of study..follow up with a pop quiz....followed by discussion...knock yourself out. But try not to hijack the thread. I'm primarily concerned with the topic discussed.....not answering a string of questions from a know-it-all who has difficulty talking to people without trying to stump them just so they can feel superior to others.
I was trying to add a comment only because somebody asked me directly.

Remember when Jesus told the Disciples to wash the dirt from their feet when leaving any city that wouldn't accept them.
It's not up to us to convert someone who cannot be reasoned with.
You don't have to love them.
You also don't have to screw them over either.

I know that, but then again it's like if you're being cruel to an animal or a child. Do you really expect them to love on you and be your best friend?

Remember when Jesus told the Disciples to wash the dirt from their feet when leaving any city that wouldn't accept them.

I know that, but then again it's like if you're being cruel to an animal or a child. Do you really expect them to love on you and be your best friend?
You can't please everyone. And then there's those you never can please.

Thank You
Hugs
Thank You
Hugs
supposed to be related to John the Baptist-----a kind of political enemy of Herod--
Wow....that's so interesting.

Don't try and be a better Christian on here.

The way to controlling yourself on here is to know what you want.

Do you want to get in a bitch slap argument every five minutes? Probably not.

So, if someone insults. Block them. You can tell which people are interested in a proper discussion within a few posts. Don't take the bait, just block. They disappear. It's not worth it.

Whoa,.. didn't you used to be one of the people trolling me and saying that Jesus isn't real and I'm stupid for believing in Him? Looks like you've turned over a new leaf, so if there's hope for you,.. then there has to be hope for others on here as well. :) (Btw, just for the record this is my second time reading through the whole entire Bible since somebody on here brought it up.)

Thank You
Hugs
Thank You
Hugs
Hmm..
There was a Governor in the town of Cana. Jesus, his mother, and his disciples were invited to the wedding.
While they were there they ran out of wine.

If Jesus was anti-Rome. And the only Governors were Romans, then why would Jesus go to the wedding?

John the Baptist would have been his 2nd cousin as Mary and Elizabeth were first cousins.
Herod liked John. It was his wife and daughter that put him in a corner and made him behead John.
He had made a promise in front of all his friends, and it would have looked badly if he didn't keep it.

interesting..
thank you
I'm enjoying this meal
Hugs

So, if someone insults. Block them. You can tell which people are interested in a proper discussion within a few posts. Don't take the bait, just block. They disappear. It's not worth it.

Whoa,.. didn't you used to be one of the people trolling me and saying that Jesus isn't real and I'm stupid for believing in Him? Looks like you've turned over a new leaf, so if there's hope for you,.. then there has to be hope for others on here as well. :) (Btw, just for the record this is my second time reading through the whole entire Bible since somebody on here brought it up.)

I didn't say that at all.

I said Harry Potter was like RELIGION. And I didn't even reply to you.

But I have a policy on religion. If you want to be religious, fine. Whatever works for you.
If you want to talk about religion, then I'm going to say what I think. You don't like it, you don't have to reply.

But you might notice that I didn't insult you, I didn't tell you that you were wrong for being religious. I merely made my case. You might think that's trolling, but the reality is, it isn't.

The ones who are being cruel don't expect anything in return except the same thing they gave you.
The thing that really ( I can't use that word can I) gets them upset,
is when you give them something they don't expect.
They can't handle it. It frustrates them. They want that mudslinging wrestling match.
But instead you hand them some water and a towel.
They can't handle it.
They come at you twice as nasty. Their testing you.
And that's ok. Tests are good. It makes you stronger.
Hugs

You know Satan owns and runs this place don't you?

The mods are actually spirits sent to hell and must for eternity be shifting and deleting threads here from a lot of knuckleheads

I set a very good example here of very clean and polite language. Just read the last 30 of my threads to find out
Something good happens, praise Jesus. Something bad happens, the lord works in mysterious ways.

How come Satan never gets credit?
Satan gets alot of credit.
He's in charge of the Earth....and you can see Satan in Washington every single day.
Yea but when a plane goes down it’s gods will.

It’s gods fault. Satan is one of his children. He could abort if he wanted to.

Thank You
Hugs
Thank You
Hugs
Hmm..
There was a Governor in the town of Cana. Jesus, his mother, and his disciples were invited to the wedding.

If Jesus was anti-Rome. And the only Governors were Romans, then why would Jesus go to the wedding?

John the Baptist would have been his 2nd cousin as Mary and Elizabeth were first cousins.
Herod liked John. It was his wife and daughter that put him in a corner and made him behead John.
He had made a promise in front of all his friends, and it would have looked badly if he didn't keep it.

interesting..
thank you
I'm enjoying this meal
Hugs
"MADE HIM KNOCK JOHN's HEAD OFF" oh gee---yet another FORCED execution.
It was Herod who had JAILED john. What makes you think the person called "governor" in
Cana was ROMAN? The Romans followed the Example of ALEXANDER and left the conquered lands to keep THEIR own systems. It is clear that Jesus and his family was part of the local
IN GROUP ------uhm----the country club set-complete with the SPATS

But I have a policy on religion. If you want to be religious, fine. Whatever works for you.
If you want to talk about religion, then I'm going to say what I think. You don't like it, you don't have to reply.

But you might notice that I didn't insult you, I didn't tell you that you were wrong for being religious. I merely made my case. You might think that's trolling, but the reality is, it isn't.

Maybe that's the biggest problem on here. We tend to make assumptions about people that are saying things that they actually aren't. I mean there are trolls here too don't get me wrong, but nine times out of ten I don't think we really know how to communicate with each other since we're just going by what we read and can't actually hear each other's voices.

Harry Potter wasn't a religion.
He's a character is a series of fantasy books and movies that children love.....and crossed over to adults. Star Wars, Star Trek, LOTR, GOT.....all pretty much the same. Fans that enjoyed the books and the entertainment.

Thank You
Hugs
Thank You
Hugs
Hmm..

interesting..
thank you
I'm enjoying this meal
Hugs
"MADE HIM KNOCK JOHN's HEAD OFF" oh gee---yet another FORCED execution.
It was Herod who had JAILED john. What makes you think the person called "governor" in
Cana was ROMAN? The Romans followed the Example of ALEXANDER and left the conquered lands to keep THEIR own systems. It is clear that Jesus and his family was part of the local
IN GROUP ------uhm----the country club set-complete with the SPATS
That post was just dripping with condescension. No pun intended.

You know Satan owns and runs this place don't you?

The mods are actually spirits sent to hell and must for eternity be shifting and deleting threads here from a lot of knuckleheads

I set a very good example here of very clean and polite language. Just read the last 30 of my threads to find out
Something good happens, praise Jesus. Something bad happens, the lord works in mysterious ways.

How come Satan never gets credit?
Satan gets alot of credit.
He's in charge of the Earth....and you can see Satan in Washington every single day.
Yea but when a plane goes down it’s gods will.

It’s gods fault. Satan is one of his children. He could abort if he wanted to.
In the ME they say everything is Allah's will.
That's why you see dead Camels laying around that nobody will take the time to remove and give a proper burial.
I really don't like it when people say it's God's will....because God didn't have anything to do with it. I can't say the same about Satan.

Forum List

Back