How Did Jesus Have Patience With People?

I'm asking this question because I don't and Ziggy already knows this. People really tend to piss me off (mostly on here) and then I lose control of my language. Any suggestions? Hopefully this doesn't count as flaming because I'm actually trying to gain better control of this and be a better Christian.

I would assume Jesus knew his purpose, his blessings, and his place in the Kingdom of God.

Or, if your are Christian, you have to admit Jesus lost his temper at the Temple, and more than once (Matthew: 21 and John: 2).
I am not Christian, but if you are, that may help.

Oops ... mudwhistle beat me to it, and I should have read down further.

Yes, the Bible says it was for the love of his father that he got angry.
The temple was meant to be a place of prayer. A place where people would come to console each other, a place of healing.
A place of rejoicing, a fellowship, a gathering. A place to give thanks.

But it had been turned into a cold loveless business.
A place of greed and abuse. Of oppression and carelessness.

He was angry because they had turned their backs on the one that put them in charge to be their brother's keeper.
They were the watchers, the healers, the judges, the teachers.
And they failed. And they took a lot of people with them down into the depths of depression and hopelessness.

Yes, he was angry, and righteously so.

Thank You
Hugs
read it again. NO WHERE does Jesus come close to saying what you claim He
THOUGHT. The key to understanding the NT is in the NT itself
Why don't you explain it then.
I would like to hear your thoughts.
Thank You
Hugs
the reason that Jesus and his companions made a PLANNED foray into the
Temple courtyard in order to attack the money changers WAS because the
money changers were ROMAN SHILLS just as were the appointed high priests who
were SADDUCEES and just as was HEROD who was not actually qualified to be King.
The key to understanding who Jesus was is IN THE NT.
Course he wasn't a Zealot either.
the group known as "zealots" did not come about until about 50 AD
Jesus was, certainly, ANTI-ROME as were members of His family-----He was
supposed to be related to John the Baptist-----a kind of political enemy of Herod--
who---thus knocked his head off.
Hmm..
There was a Governor in the town of Cana. Jesus, his mother, and his disciples were invited to the wedding.
While they were there they ran out of wine.

If Jesus was anti-Rome. And the only Governors were Romans, then why would Jesus go to the wedding?

John the Baptist would have been his 2nd cousin as Mary and Elizabeth were first cousins.
Herod liked John. It was his wife and daughter that put him in a corner and made him behead John.
He had made a promise in front of all his friends, and it would have looked badly if he didn't keep it.

interesting..
thank you
I'm enjoying this meal
Hugs
"MADE HIM KNOCK JOHN's HEAD OFF" oh gee---yet another FORCED execution.
It was Herod who had JAILED john. What makes you think the person called "governor" in
Cana was ROMAN? The Romans followed the Example of ALEXANDER and left the conquered lands to keep THEIR own systems. It is clear that Jesus and his family was part of the local
IN GROUP ------uhm----the country club set-complete with the SPATS

For Herod himself had sent forth and laid hold upon John, and bound him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife: for he had married her.

Penalty for adultery was stoning. Herod was protecting his wife.

Therefore Herodias had a quarrel against him, and would have killed him; but she could not:

For Herod feared John, knowing that he was a just man and an holy, and observed him; and when he heard him, he did many things, and heard him gladly.

Governor:
Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,

I don't know, maybe cause the bible tells me so..
:)
Hugs

Is this the video that’s going to win me back to Christianity? Send me $1000 and if he video doesn’t convince me I won’t send it back. Deal?

If you find God's Grace, you won't need to be convinced, and with His Blessings, you won't need the $1000 from Potterhead.
Give it a try, and if you come up empty handed, you aren't looking in the right place.

For people saying that God's not real,.. watch this video.

Is this the video that’s going to win me back to Christianity? Send me $1000 and if he video doesn’t convince me I won’t send it back. Deal?

Only you know the answer to that question.
Aint nobody out here casting a net trying to scoop you up and lead you anywhere.
Your in charge of your own feet. You decide where they take you.
Hugs

You Know, I was just thinking about something interesting. As much faith as I have in God and in my heart and how much love I have for my Savior Jesus Christ,.. my doubts start happening of am I really a Christian when I start questioning do I really want to listen to what the Bible tells me to do and how God wants me to live my life or do I really want to follow what I want to do and live my own life.

It relates to this thread because that mostly comes with having patience with other people where I don't want to have patience and I don't want to love my enemies and I just want to cuss them out if they cuss me out. That can only be the work of Satan planting those thoughts in my head and also making me think that I'm losing my salvation for thinking like any other normal human being would since being kind to those who are mean to you is actually extremely difficult and Jesus made it look so easy and effortless but that's only because He was the only sinless human being that ever walked the earth.

If you find God's Grace, you won't need to be convinced, and with His Blessings, you won't need the $1000 from Potterhead.
Give it a try, and if you come up empty handed, you aren't looking in the right place.

I came up empty handed

I'm asking this question because I don't and Ziggy already knows this. People really tend to piss me off (mostly on here) and then I lose control of my language. Any suggestions? Hopefully this doesn't count as flaming because I'm actually trying to gain better control of this and be a better Christian.

I would assume Jesus knew his purpose, his blessings, and his place in the Kingdom of God.

Or, if your are Christian, you have to admit Jesus lost his temper at the Temple, and more than once (Matthew: 21 and John: 2).

The temple was meant to be a place of prayer. A place where people would come to console each other, a place of healing.

He was angry because they had turned their backs on the one that put them in charge to be their brother's keeper.
And they failed. And they took a lot of people with them down into the depths of depression and hopelessness.

Thank You
Hugs
Thank You
Hugs
supposed to be related to John the Baptist-----a kind of political enemy of Herod--
Hmm..
There was a Governor in the town of Cana. Jesus, his mother, and his disciples were invited to the wedding.

If Jesus was anti-Rome. And the only Governors were Romans, then why would Jesus go to the wedding?

John the Baptist would have been his 2nd cousin as Mary and Elizabeth were first cousins.
Herod liked John. It was his wife and daughter that put him in a corner and made him behead John.
He had made a promise in front of all his friends, and it would have looked badly if he didn't keep it.

interesting..
thank you
I'm enjoying this meal
Hugs
It was Herod who had JAILED john. What makes you think the person called "governor" in
Cana was ROMAN? The Romans followed the Example of ALEXANDER and left the conquered lands to keep THEIR own systems. It is clear that Jesus and his family was part of the local

For Herod himself had sent forth and laid hold upon John, and bound him in prison for Herodias' sake, his brother Philip's wife: for he had married her.

Therefore Herodias had a quarrel against him, and would have killed him; but she could not:

For Herod feared John, knowing that he was a just man and an holy, and observed him; and when he heard him, he did many things, and heard him gladly.

Governor:
Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,

Hugs
I think the point was that the translation in the Bible used governor....but it was the master of the feast.
You didn't have to be a Roman to be a governor in that translation. Most strict Jews wouldn't want a Roman in their home because they thought Romans were unclean....as would just about anyone who dealt with taxes.

I haven't seen anyone say anything to you to piss you off. Unless you are in the FZ. I can't see in there.

Anyway....Jesus was perfect. He had patience.

When you came here, you were told how this place is. You need thick skin. And use the ignore function. And be careful where you go here.

None of you know how your fictitious God thought or dealt with people. Not one. The same as when you suggest you speak on behalf of God. Its a lie.

It's not good enough just to believe so you crank it up a bit Reflecting you have unique access to gods knowledge.
What a load of crap .
That aside, tber e is very little evidence Jesus ever existed. That was a common name them. And he certainly was not the son of another God or born of a virgin.

I liked that!
Very Nice
Thank You for sharing
Hugs

You Know, I was just thinking about something interesting. As much faith as I have in God and in my heart and how much love I have for my Savior Jesus Christ,.. my doubts start happening of am I really a Christian when I start questioning do I really want to listen to what the Bible tells me to do and how God wants me to live my life or do I really want to follow what I want to do and live my own life.

It relates to this thread because that mostly comes with having patience with other people where I don't want to have patience and I don't want to love my enemies and I just want to cuss them out if they cuss me out. That can only be the work of Satan planting those thoughts in my head and also making me think that I'm losing my salvation for thinking like any other normal human being would since being kind to those who are mean to you is actually extremely difficult and Jesus made it look so easy and effortless but that's only because He was the only sinless human being that ever walked the earth.
Yet so many agnostics think it's their purpose in life to prove Jesus was a sinner like everyone else.

I haven't seen anyone say anything to you to piss you off. Unless you are in the FZ. I can't see in there.

When you came here, you were told how this place is. You need thick skin. And use the ignore function. And be careful where you go here.

None of you know how your fictitious God thought or dealt with people. Not one. The same as when you suggest you speak on behalf of God. Its a lie.

It's not good enough just to believe so you crank it up a bit Reflecting you have unique access to gods knowledge.
What a load of crap .
That aside, tber e is very little evidence Jesus ever existed. That was a common name them. And he certainly was not the son of another God or born of a virgin.
Yet you probably believed in a fantasy called Russian Collusion.

Christ told us to forgive 70 X 7 times,those who sin against us....

I've always taken that to heart.... If you want your own sins forgiven by God, which the good Lord and I know I've had plenty of them, then you have to be able to forgive others of their sins against you....

And I so desperately want my own sins forgiven, that I'm compelled to forgive those who have sinned against me.... That makes being nice to others easier imho...and easier to have patience.

Here is some info on it...

What Did Jesus Mean By Forgiving 70 x 7 Times?​

By Daniel Passini|January 28th, 2015|Theology|15 Comments
Sometimes when you are wronged, it can be extremely difficult to forgive that person for what they have done, especially if they do it over and over. So how do we forgive them? How do we forgive 70 x 7 times, and what does that mean?
Jesus tells us in Matthew 18:21-22,
Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
So was Jesus instructing Peter, and ultimately us to just forgive a bunch of times? By no means. There is such a deeper picture that Christ was painting for the disciples at that time. When reading this scripture and many others, you have to understand that Jesus was a first century Jew, and what that would look like for him. So, let’s look at what he was really trying to say.

What does it really mean?
You seen when Christ gave the example of 70×7, he wasn’t just saying forgive 490 times. (70×7=490) Christ was actually alluding to the 490 years that the Jews had spent in captivity and slavery. They were taken from their homeland, their families were torn apart, and they were enslaved, along with many other atrocities that they endured.
He was saying even in the hardest of situations, forgive. Even after their enemies had hurt them and wronged them for almost five centuries, He was teaching them to forgive. He knew what harboring the unforgiveness would do them no good.
There’s an old saying that says,
Harboring unforgiveness or bitterness, is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die from it.

What a load of crap .

Not so. I base everything on evidence and you have no evidence Jesus ever existed. That's a fact.
Get over it.

Every person faces that choice.
In the beginning no one wants to let go of their ways.
The closer you get to God and realize what his plans are for you and everything he has given for you.
The way he feels about you,
the less it's all about your ways.
You want to live the way he wants you to live,
Because You love him and he loves you.
And it becomes a relationship and not just a religion.
It becomes your way of life.

But that question.. do I dare to take the first step? What will I be leaving behind? Am I willing to let go of who I am and become who he wants me to be?

That is the question Potterhead.
And only you can make that decision.

BIG HUGS

Christ told us to forgive 70 X 7 times,those who sin against us....

I've always taken that to heart.... If you want your own sins forgiven by God, which the good Lord and I know I've had plenty of them, then you have to be able to forgive others of their sins against you....

And I so desperately want my own sins forgiven, that I'm compelled to forgive those who have sinned against me.... That makes being nice to others easier imho...and easier to have patience.

Here is some info on it...

What Did Jesus Mean By Forgiving 70 x 7 Times?​

By Daniel Passini|January 28th, 2015|Theology|15 Comments
Sometimes when you are wronged, it can be extremely difficult to forgive that person for what they have done, especially if they do it over and over. So how do we forgive them? How do we forgive 70 x 7 times, and what does that mean?
Jesus tells us in Matthew 18:21-22,
Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
So was Jesus instructing Peter, and ultimately us to just forgive a bunch of times? By no means. There is such a deeper picture that Christ was painting for the disciples at that time. When reading this scripture and many others, you have to understand that Jesus was a first century Jew, and what that would look like for him. So, let’s look at what he was really trying to say.

What does it really mean?
You seen when Christ gave the example of 70×7, he wasn’t just saying forgive 490 times. (70×7=490) Christ was actually alluding to the 490 years that the Jews had spent in captivity and slavery. They were taken from their homeland, their families were torn apart, and they were enslaved, along with many other atrocities that they endured.
He was saying even in the hardest of situations, forgive. Even after their enemies had hurt them and wronged them for almost five centuries, He was teaching them to forgive. He knew what harboring the unforgiveness would do them no good.
There’s an old saying that says,
Harboring unforgiveness or bitterness, is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die from it.
That's a very good post.
One of the worst problems in the ME today is a failure to forgive.

What a load of crap .
I did, and even moreso, still do....with the Manafort info released on him funneling Trump campaign strategies and internal polling, to the Russian interference operatives.

Thank You
Hugs
Thank You
Hugs
Hmm..

interesting..
thank you
I'm enjoying this meal
Hugs

Governor:

Hugs
I think the point was that the translation in the Bible used governor....but it was the master of the feast.
You didn't have to be a Roman to be a governor in that translation. Most strict Jews wouldn't want a Roman in their home because they thought Romans were unclean....as would just about anyone who dealt with taxes.
So this is Cana which was in Galilee. These are where the Samritans lived. The woman at the well.
They weren't just Judeans, they were mixed tribes with gentiles.
The dogs as the Jews would say.
Pilate Was Governor over the whole region of Judea which Galilee was a province of.

I'm no geography or history buff.
And I could be wrong.
There is a parable about some being asked to come to a wedding. And when those that were called didn't show up,
the master of the feast told his guys to go in the streets and find anyone to come.
I believe this parable is about that event in Cana.
And we could have a really deep discussion on this which would probably require it's own thread.
But I'm really apreciating the conversation
Thank you

What a load of crap .

Not so. I base everything on evidence and you have no evidence Jesus ever existed. That's a fact.
Get over it.
Those that follow him.... are the proof.
We are the evidence of his existence.
Because we believe what he said and we try humbly to follow his teachings.
Not everyone who calls themselves Christian are Christians, Just as not all Jews are Jews.
But what does the Bible say?
Ye shall know them by their fruit,

Do you know what the fruits are Colin?

Hugs

Forum List

Back