How Did Jesus Have Patience With People?

Not really.

Not really what? That you don't have an answer for me or that Jesus wasn't an angry person?
If you look at the string.....you can see I wasn't answering you....I was answering Indeependent.

I don't know where he got the idea Jesus was an angry person.

He was patient but had justified anger when it came to people sinning.

I'm asking this question because I don't and Ziggy already knows this. People really tend to piss me off (mostly on here) and then I lose control of my language. Any suggestions? Hopefully this doesn't count as flaming because I'm actually trying to gain better control of this and be a better Christian.
1. jesus was just another person
2. we don't know for sure if he did have patience
3. christians are no better than anyone else

1. He was also the Son of God

2. Yes we do it's called the Bible.

3. Debatable as we sin just like everybody else, but those who know Christ have salvation.

Not really.

Not really what? That you don't have an answer for me or that Jesus wasn't an angry person?
If you look at the string.....you can see I wasn't answering you....I was answering Indeependent.

I'm asking this question because I don't and Ziggy already knows this. People really tend to piss me off (mostly on here) and then I lose control of my language. Any suggestions? Hopefully this doesn't count as flaming because I'm actually trying to gain better control of this and be a better Christian.

3. Debatable as we sin just like everybody else, but those who know Christ have salvation.
...there is no god--no proof at all...and please don't say ''you can't prove there is not a god''' --very silly/childish

Not really.

..the bible is a bunch of fairy tales

Not really.

The only time I remember him being really angry was at the Temple.
He didn't like the way people were profiting off of traditions and selling goats for sacrifices. He also had issues with the hypocrites in the Sanhedrin.

...there is no god--no proof at all...and please don't say ''you can't prove there is not a god''' --very silly/childish

Read my signature. Do you think I care about your opinions? I don't care anymore and if you don't believe in God,.. then what the heck are you doing here!?! :mad: (You see this is why I lose my patience to people like this.)

Not really.

Some of it is what they called parables.
Some of it is a historical record.
Leviticus is a discussion of practices and traditions that the priests were to follow.
Numbers laid out the linage of Israel.
Psalms are prayers.
Poverbs was words of wisdom.

Read my signature. Do you think I care about your opinions? I don't care anymore and if you don't believe in God,.. then what the heck are you doing here!?! :mad: (You see this is why I lose my patience to people like this.)
hahhahahahahahahaha
still not proof of god

He didn't like the way people were profiting off of traditions and selling goats for sacrifices. He also had issues with the hypocrites in the Sanhedrin.

Yeah that's the time that I was thinking of,.. but it's people like these that give the prime example of why I need help controlling my anger. I know it's not possible,.. but I sort of have that fear of I'm sinning too much so I must be losing my salvation. :sad:

This video is a comfort to me right now though that's for sure.

That is an awesome video April. Thank you for sharing.

I would like to add one thing to that.
When you go around the forum and you run into all kinds of different people.
Understand, that God loves them just as much as he loves you.
And we are to love them the same way God loves us.
We all make mistakes. We all have a rebellious spirit.
We all want to do things our own ways.

And when you can see others as you want God to see you,
when you need God's love and his mercy and forgiveness..
Remember that these other people, they need love and mercy and forgiveness also.
And sometimes the closest they will come to knowing how God feels about them,
is when you show them, by doing what God would do for you.

You don't even need to mention his name. You just need to be an example that leads them to him.

A lot of people are really hurting, and maybe things are really overwhelming them.
We don't know what their lives look like. They could be the kid packing their bags and heading out the door.
They could be the parents who just watched their kids walk out that door.
They could be alone. They could be sick. They could be angry over things we don't even know,
But they have to get it out. Because all that anger builds up and hurts.
So they hit others trying to make themselves feel right or better.
They become bullies and sometimes they don't even know why.

We have to look beyond all of that. We have to see the child inside the man or the woman.
And we just have to love them and show mercy and give forgiveness.
Even when we think they don't deserve it.

We are His witnesses, we are his examples. We are to live our lives the same way we are shown he lived his.

That was an awesome video.
HUGS

This video is a comfort to me right now though that's for sure.

That is an awesome video April. Thank you for sharing.

I would like to add one thing to that.
When you go around the forum and you run into all kinds of different people.
Understand, that God loves them just as much as he loves you.
And we are to love them the same way God loves us.
We all make mistakes. We all have a rebellious spirit.
We all want to do things our own ways.

And when you can see others as you want God to see you,
when you need God's love and his mercy and forgiveness..
Remember that these other people, they need love and mercy and forgiveness also.
And sometimes the closest they will come to knowing how God feels about them,
is when you show them, by doing what God would do for you.

You don't even need to mention his name. You just need to be an example that leads them to him.

A lot of people are really hurting, and maybe things are really overwhelming them.
We don't know what their lives look like. They could be the kid packing their bags and heading out the door.
They could be the parents who just watched their kids walk out that door.
They could be alone. They could be sick. They could be angry over things we don't even know,
But they have to get it out. Because all that anger builds up and hurts.
So they hit others trying to make themselves feel right or better.
They become bullies and sometimes they don't even know why.

We have to look beyond all of that. We have to see the child inside the man or the woman.
And we just have to love them and show mercy and give forgiveness.
Even when we think they don't deserve it.

We are His witnesses, we are his examples. We are to live our lives the same way we are shown he lived his.

That was an awesome video.
HUGS

there is no god

hahhahahahahahahaha
still not proof of god
The only proof of God is thru the Lamb of God.
He was God on Earth.
His sacrifice opened up a whole new ball game.
Imagine someone who at any time could have saved his own life but chose not to because he was here on Earth for a purpose.
So he suffered more than anyone ever suffered.....and he did it and it changed the world.

And can you please explain how I'm supposed to love somebody who's constantly laughing at me and hauling insults at me? I don't exactly want to buy them flowers or anything.

And can you please explain how I'm supposed to love somebody who's constantly laughing at me and hauling insults at me? I don't exactly want to buy them flowers or anything.
Remember when Jesus told the Disciples to wash the dirt from their feet when leaving any city that wouldn't accept them.
It's not up to us to convert someone who cannot be reasoned with.
You don't have to love them.
You also don't have to screw them over either.

I would assume Jesus knew his purpose, his blessings, and his place in the Kingdom of God.

Or, if your are Christian, you have to admit Jesus lost his temper at the Temple, and more than once (Matthew: 21 and John: 2).
I am not Christian, but if you are, that may help.

Oops ... mudwhistle beat me to it, and I should have read down further.

Not really.

you "remember" that ^^^^^^. Sadly you were taught a version of history something
like the kindergarten version of THE FIRST THANKSGIVING. Here is a little pop quiz. Who
were the "money changers" (the ones who got their tables overturned) ? What was their
function? Who hated them? Who were the hypocrites in the Sanhedrin?

Not really.

you "remember" that ^^^^^^. Sadly you were taught a version of history something
like the kindergarten version of THE FIRST THANKSGIVING. Here is a little pop quiz. Who
were the "money changers" (the ones who got their tables overturned) ? What was their
If you want me to go into a deeper version of this...not going there.
And I don't think insulting me is going to get me to debate you or answer your questions. I'm too busy gaming right now.

Last edited:
Not really.

Which one is your favorite?

Not really.

If you want me to go into a deeper version of this...not going there.
And I don't think insulting me is going to get me to debate you or answer your questions.
where's the insult-----I believed the thanksgiving story all the way up to
high school. I do not have a DEEP version of the attack on in the Temple
Court Yard-----I have the story presented in the NT. It was a PLANNED
attack according to the NT-----not a hissy fit. A whole bunch of people---according
to the NT-----were told by Jesus---something like GET A KNIFE. You want to call that
"He lost his temper"? The key to understanding the NT is in the NT

Why?
What difference does it make to you what other people think?
Everyone has a right to believe or not.
In the end they are the ones losing out.
They get to carry the load of negativity, of doom and gloom.
They have no hope in which to hold onto.
They find no forgiveness or mercy because they don't show it to others.
And sometimes the reason they are here.....
is because they are drawn like leviathan. They may not even know why they are here, but they are.
And they are reading and listening... and that's a good thing.

But don't let them drag you down. Stay positive.
Just smile.
And walk away.

HUGS
:)

Forum List

Back