How Did Jesus Have Patience With People?

LOL.Wait...lol

It's true and if you insult them you will forever have made an enemy out of me! :mad:

I thought "Christians" were supposed to turn the other cheek against everything bad and evil?
I thought "Christians" were always supposed to be teaching and preaching, not hating.
Seems thats some hypocrisy coming from your direction now.
A real Christian knows he or she is a weak, frail flawed human being who strives to do better. Not that they are better than anyone
And where did you get that from??

LOL.Wait...lol

It's true and if you insult them you will forever have made an enemy out of me! :mad:

I thought "Christians" were supposed to turn the other cheek against everything bad and evil?
I thought "Christians" were always supposed to be teaching and preaching, not hating.
A real Christian knows he or she is a weak, frail flawed human being who strives to do better. Not that they are better than anyone
And where did you get that from??
From the nuns in early grade school

LOL.Wait...lol

Yes. Thank you for that.
I appreciate religious peoples that hold to the base teachings of their religions, and not live the politics and propaganda of their religions.

I've had religious people in my family, still do. But they don't use it to hurt, maim, steal, lie, cheat, kill, or belittle other people. I have NO problem with anyone believing in a religion.
I DO have a problem when they are obvious hypocrites, and use their religion as a "gun" to attack, harm, and verbally and physically hurt others.

I'm asking this question because I don't and Ziggy already knows this. People really tend to piss me off (mostly on here) and then I lose control of my language. Any suggestions? Hopefully this doesn't count as flaming because I'm actually trying to gain better control of this and be a better Christian.
I presume you have not read your Gospels.
Jesus was a very angry person.
No, He was not an angry person. At imes He became angry, but His nature was kind, loving, and forgiving. He was extremely patient and long suffering. And still is...

Do you normally barge into a business or a church or a thread to denounce that business or church or thread with negativity?

I used to belong to a large Jewish congregation in Singapore. We had a lot of visitors to our congregation because of the transitory nature of the population. Hardly a week went by when someone didn't come into the services or the after service activities and start preaching "Jesus".

It got so bad that they had to start screening visitors to the services.

Interestingly enough, religious proselytizing is illegal under Singapore Law and we could have turned them over to police.
But he's the Son of God and knew Abraham before he was born...
View attachment 504176
It's just something they kept repeating at Sunday School.

Not in MY Sunday School.
That was really a Jews Monday wasn't it?

My Monday is always Monday ...

image.jpg

You guys been steered down some interesting highways that's for sure.
Maybe off a few cliffs as well..
How can you give advice about something you have no knowledge of?
LOL

LOL.Wait...lol

Yes. Thank you for that.
I appreciate religious peoples that hold to the base teachings of their religions, and not live the politics and propaganda of their religions.

I've had religious people in my family, still do. But they don't use it to hurt, maim, steal, lie, cheat, kill, or belittle other people. I have NO problem with anyone believing in a religion.
I DO have a problem when they are obvious hypocrites, and use their religion as a "gun" to attack, harm, and verbally and physically hurt others.
I have always respected what people believe no matter what.

I have no problem with Atheists and they are just as good and bad as every other belief.

I don't believe it, but I sure as hell don't blame them for thinking that way in this shit world..lol

LOL.Wait...lol

Hey buttersmugglingbaconjuice.....Christians preach love and kindness. As did Jesus. The only one I see hating here and insulting everyone is....drumroll...you.

Take a hike with your nastiness. Or don't, and keep making an ass of yourself. Whatever floats yer boat.

I'm asking this question because I don't and Ziggy already knows this. People really tend to piss me off (mostly on here) and then I lose control of my language. Any suggestions? Hopefully this doesn't count as flaming because I'm actually trying to gain better control of this and be a better Christian.
If you truly believed you wouldn’t get mad you‘d feel sorry for us. You get mad because we point out it’s a myth all religions are. You’re not a god after you die. One that lives forever, never sick sad or angry. That’s just wishful thinking. And deep down you know we’re right and it makes you angry we call out your delusion.

I'm actually trying to gain better control of this and be a better Christian.
Turn the other cheek?
I have difficulty with that one myself...so I guess I'm not a good christian. But I do the best I can and I think that is enough.
How convenient. Your best is good enough as long as you believe the story. Setting the bar as low as you want?

Oh, the irony. :rolleyes:

You know Satan owns and runs this place don't you?

The mods are actually spirits sent to hell and must for eternity be shifting and deleting threads here from a lot of knuckleheads

I set a very good example here of very clean and polite language. Just read the last 30 of my threads to find out
Something good happens, praise Jesus. Something bad happens, the lord works in mysterious ways.

How come Satan never gets credit?

Jesus was a fictional character in a fictional book, written by those in power to scare the sheeples into submission.
Kind of hard to believe when the overwhelming majority of Greeks and Romans were illiterate.
Hard to believe so many of my Greek ancestors swallowed the story. But my grandparents weren’t too smart so I’m sure our ancestors 1800 years ago were gullible.

The disciples failed continually and yet he pressed on with them instead of discarding em.

Everybody defends themselves in different ways.
Some are good at come backs. Some know where to hit you where it hurts.
Some know how to make a joke about it. Some just laugh.
And others well, they get angry. A lot of people get angry.
And everybody handles that differently.
So the question is,
When you feel like your being attacked and your not sure how to defend yourself,
and your habit is to get angry and snap back,
How did Jesus have patience with people?
How was he able not to just swear at them and call them idiots or just get ANGRY!!!!
And that's a hard question. Because we haven't walked in those shoes.
We don't even know how we would react, how would we know what another would do?

So it's something you learn. It takes time and practice.
You have to slow yourself down, take a deep breath.
Think about what you really want to say instead of just blurting things out emotionally.

I started a thread in the other forum called "Name that Tone"
And it's about how we imagine what the tone of the poster is speaking in.
Because a lot of people get misunderstood, because we assume we hear the reply in a certain tone.
And a lot of times people take things wrong.
Like you think someone's making fun of you, but their just trying to be funny.
We don't always hear the right tone.

So you have to learn to listen. It takes time and patience.
If your not sure how it is supposed to sound then ask the poster.
What the hell are you talking about?? or Excuse me, what was that?
And then look for the appropriate response.
or perhaps no response at all.

You don't always have to have the last word to win.
Sometimes leaving them hanging there to think is a better way to win.
You have arrows that you can shoot out your mouth.
And they can really hurt. So you have to learn to be careful what you say.
And sometimes we don't mean to really hurt them, we just want to get even.
But someday you may regret shootin that arrow out your mouth.
Then comes guilt. And that's not a good feeling.

So Patience is something you learn. And you have to learn to listen. And you have to learn to slow down and think about the tone.
Then you have to find the appropriate response and not just an emotional outburst.
And if you don't have the right response then learn to walk away and leave them hanging.
Because it's better to walk away winning, than to walk away in guilt.

I hope this helps
HUGS

Forum List

Back