How do you keep giving and giving year after year to people who love the water???

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
I've dipped into the family wallet and gave generously to the Hurricane cause....the heart got the best of me.....but com'on guys, when will the people of this nation realize, that global times are a changing and repeating the same patterns of rebuilding year after year at some point, must end? If ever there was a need to reconstruct and introduce a massive infrastructural bill, the time is now!!!!

Democrats and Donald, are you ready to began a future for this country that contains common sense and respect for natural changes that are happening?

I've dipped into the family wallet and gave generously to the Hurricane cause....the heart got the best of me.....but com'on guys, when will the people of this nation realize, that global times are a changing and repeating the same patterns of rebuilding year after year at some point, must end? If ever there was a need to reconstruct and introduce a massive infrastructural bill, the time is now!!!!

Democrats and Donald, are you ready to began a future for this country that contains common sense and respect for natural changes that are happening?

Like these people?

1125663565_6535.jpg

After all the money the federal government has spent and borrowed these past few decades, we should have streets paved with gold....and figured out how to control the oceans.

After all the money the federal government has spent and borrowed these past few decades, we should have streets paved with gold....and figured out how to control the oceans.
I hear Washington DC is pretty great with all our money flowing in.

I hear Washington DC is pretty great with all our money flowing in.
Agreed.

It use to be that Detroit lead the nation for decades as the city with the highest per capita income....then as Detroit crated due to progressive policies and lots of corruption (funny how those two go together so well)...then it was NYC, with it's big corporations and stock exchanges....

Now it is DC.

That tells you something...and it isn't good.

Infrastructure is a part of the solution, common sense also plays a role as does government and personal responsibility. But there's also a limit. If you live in a location where there is possibility of hurricane, tornado, forest fire, mud slide, etc. sometimes you just have to go with the chances and other times like with New Orleans for example, you got to wonder why build a city that is located below sea level?

Well to be fair in this day and age of throw away everything, it should not be at all surprising to see rebuilding in hazard prone areas. In this case, it's risk vs reward on a ten+ year cycle.

I'm curious what the property values in those areas most in danger were prior, who's buying them?

Rich people who can afford to replace everything when shit hits the fans? True for the key's I'd say (lose use for a month or two during hurricane season, maybe have to do a major remodel every 10 or so [which you probably want to do anyway,] and the rest of the time you have a beautiful escape - worth it in my opinion)

Then there's the poor folks and people who don't "understand" they are in a hazard area? Was that the best they could afford or are they just innocent idiots who ignored the paperwork when they signed the mortgage?

If rdean has not given you a blow job yet...he probably received his unemployment check...

Forum List

Back