How does someone who shot gun at people twice, hears voices...

It doesn't matter how crazy the courts would classify this guy, assuming they still leave him on the street,

he still legally gets the shotgun,

because the gun lobby won't allow sufficient expansion of the background check laws to prevent it.

Taking away a right requires a judge, and a determination from said judge. Whats to prevent the ATF from defining down the definition of "severely mentally ill"?

Burecrats do not have the power to remove a right from a person, only a court can, and only after the person in question has faced said court.

If there was a list of deemed mental conditions on a list that would be reported, Giffords, colorado, virgina tech, newtown and now DC never would have happened.

All had known severe mental illness

All obtained guns legally.

Then the authorities should have begun proceedings to have them declared mentally unfit by a judge. A failure on the part of the state to control citizens with mental issues does not result in me losing my rights to some ATF jackwad who doesnt like weapons in the hands of non-government agents, or some NYPD asshole who only thinks cops should have firearms.

Of course, they could have then just gotten the weapons illegally, like alot of criminals do.

Unless you are mentally ill, you've got nothing to worry about.

It doesn't matter how crazy the courts would classify this guy, assuming they still leave him on the street,

because the gun lobby won't allow sufficient expansion of the background check laws to prevent it.

Gun grabbers dont want it to be a court, they want it so any shrink could call into the ATF and ban someone from owning a firearm without even knowing it.

Show me a program that is limited to court adjudicated orders to prevent someone from owning a firearm, and Ill support the background check inclusion required.

Show me a program where any asshole can declare you mentally deficient and prevent you from aquiring a firearm, and Ill oppose it.

Another liberal lie.

Because it would be politically incorrect not to employ black, psychopatic, criminal in the federal government. What are you, racist biased against mentally unstable drug-dependent criminals? How dare you!

If there was a list of deemed mental conditions on a list that would be reported, Giffords, colorado, virgina tech, newtown and now DC never would have happened.

Then the authorities should have begun proceedings to have them declared mentally unfit by a judge. A failure on the part of the state to control citizens with mental issues does not result in me losing my rights to some ATF jackwad who doesnt like weapons in the hands of non-government agents, or some NYPD asshole who only thinks cops should have firearms.

Of course, they could have then just gotten the weapons illegally, like alot of criminals do.

Yeah, i can trust some burecrat in some large government agency to look out for my rights.....

Just look at how the EPA can fuck over people for years. If a mental health check run by the ATF would be similar, you have the opprotunity to deny me my rights for YEARS while i try to fight off an erroneous declaration of mental defect.

No Sale.

You Americans must recognise that no administrative system can be devised that will be able to stop crazy people getting hold of guns. Too many guns in the US and too many mad people. Live with it - or die with it, as the case may be.

Frankly it was disappointing to learn that he wasn't a raving, obvious psycho. His head clearly wasn't right, so now we have to consider essentially reporting and disqualifying people who admit or who are observed to have any of a much longer list of psychological issues.

Gotta think through the ramifications -- for example, people who then wouldn't report such problems or people who are misdiagnosed.

Looking at recent events, though, we have to consider tightening those standards. You can't look back at a mass murder and say, "sure, the guy was nuts, but he wasn't THAT nuts."

Then the authorities should have begun proceedings to have them declared mentally unfit by a judge. A failure on the part of the state to control citizens with mental issues does not result in me losing my rights to some ATUF jackwad who doesnt like weapons in the hands of non-government agents, or some NYPD asshole who only thinks cops should have firearms.

Are you mentally ill if you have a caffeine withdrawal disorder? It would be a valid diagnosis per DSM V :rolleyes:

Then the authorities should have begun proceedings to have them declared mentally unfit by a judge. A failure on the part of the state to control citizens with mental issues does not result in me losing my rights to some ATUF jackwad who doesnt like weapons in the hands of non-government agents, or some NYPD asshole who only thinks cops should have firearms.

Are you mentally ill if you have a caffeine withdrawal disorder? It would be a valid diagnosis per DSM V :rolleyes:

No, but I'd put having being a right winger as the most severe mental illness :up:

the Navy contractor identified as the gunman in the mass shootings at the Washington Navy Yard had been suffering a host of serious mental issues, including paranoia and a sleep disorder. He also had been hearing voices in his head, the officials said.

Aaron Alexis, 34, had been treated since August by the Veterans Administration for his mental problems, the officials said. They spoke on condition of anonymity because the criminal investigation in the case was continuing. The Navy had not declared him mentally unfit, which would have rescinded a security clearance that Alexis had from his earlier time in the Navy Reserves.

Family members told investigators that Alexis was being treated for his mental issues Why wasn't his pass pulled when they found he was being treated and was hearing voices? man, they better start doing mental health checks on these people......

No, but I'd put having being a right winger as the most severe mental illness :up:

Not as severe as libtard cult worshiperz.

ALL recent mass shooters were leftards . Must be something wrong with ideology that corrupts that much :D

Liberal idiots:

"You blew up a federal Building and killed hundreds! What's wrong with YOU?"

"You poisoned some Tylenol Capsules and killed dozens! What's wrong with YOU?"

"You put a bomb on an airplane and killed a hundred people! What's wrong with YOU?"

"You shot a dozen people! It's the lax gun laws!"

If you have a military ID, you can carry a trunkful of weapons onto just about every military installation in America.

They just don't check for that sort of thing.

Gun grabbers dont want it to be a court, they want it so any shrink could call into the ATF and ban someone from owning a firearm without even knowing it.

Show me a program that is limited to court adjudicated orders to prevent someone from owning a firearm, and Ill support the background check inclusion required.

Show me a program where any asshole can declare you mentally deficient and prevent you from aquiring a firearm, and Ill oppose it.

Are you feeble minded?

I just said, it doesn't matter how you classify someone as mental,

they can still go buy a shotgun LEGALLY without a background check, and the gun lobby will have it no other way,

so it doesn't matter how crazy you are, unless you're locked up, you can buy a gun.

Another liberal lie.

Is the gun lobby supporting background checks on private sales?

Are you feeble minded?

I just said, it doesn't matter how you classify someone as mental,

they can still go buy a shotgun LEGALLY without a background check, and the gun lobby will have it no other way,

so it doesn't matter how crazy you are, unless you're locked up, you can buy a gun.

That's why I think we should register gun buyers, and not guns. If you are a registered gun buyer, you show your registration to a gun seller and then you can buy whatever you want, in whatever quantities you wish, without the government being told what you bought.

If you pass all the mental health and clean criminal record hurdles, you get your card. If you get arrested, or try to commit suicide, your card is revoked.

Forum List

Back