How does someone who shot gun at people twice, hears voices...

It doesn't matter how crazy the courts would classify this guy, assuming they still leave him on the street,

he still legally gets the shotgun,

because the gun lobby won't allow sufficient expansion of the background check laws to prevent it.

Gun grabbers dont want it to be a court, they want it so any shrink could call into the ATF and ban someone from owning a firearm without even knowing it.

Show me a program that is limited to court adjudicated orders to prevent someone from owning a firearm, and Ill support the background check inclusion required.

Show me a program where any asshole can declare you mentally deficient and prevent you from aquiring a firearm, and Ill oppose it.

Are you feeble minded?

I just said, it doesn't matter how you classify someone as mental,

they can still go buy a shotgun LEGALLY without a background check, and the gun lobby will have it no other way,

so it doesn't matter how crazy you are, unless you're locked up, you can buy a gun.

Classifying someone as "mental" is not a legal term. What I want is if you want to deny someone the right to a firearm bring them in front of a judge and adjuicate their rights away. A court judgement is something a background check should pick up, and would be supported as a check if a court did the determination.

What the NRA doesnt want is some ATF flunky having the ability to deny someone the right to a firearm.

and many other criminal and crazy ailments, work for the federal government?

Why were the existing laws already not enforced?

So we have a guy who plays video games 16 hours a day, on psychopathic drugs, shot his gun at a man's tires and a woman who was making too much noise above him, and decided because of "racial discrimination" to go toa top secure military center in the Capitol of the United States and shoot it up.

Hey Man,

I like your thread but I just want you to know it is psychotropic drugs...not psychopathic drugs. I work in the field.

Bottom Line: The Government that is supposed to protect us fucked up again. This has nothing to do with guns laws, and everything to do with Government incompetence by allowing a know criminal with a history of gun violence to work at a secure military facility. With the exception of the military, it seems like every time the Government touches something they fuck it up. We the people should trust them? Please tell me why?

As I understand it, he was FIRED, and therefore was not allowed to work, which pissed him off. Then he stole an ID badge from some moron.

The entire government is not incompetent because one guy cannot keep up withhis security badge, but because of your accusations, we'll all need to pony-up extra $$$$ to add a few layers of security to every building on the planet.

Gun grabbers dont want it to be a court, they want it so any shrink could call into the ATF and ban someone from owning a firearm without even knowing it.

Show me a program that is limited to court adjudicated orders to prevent someone from owning a firearm, and Ill support the background check inclusion required.

Show me a program where any asshole can declare you mentally deficient and prevent you from aquiring a firearm, and Ill oppose it.

Are you feeble minded?

they can still go buy a shotgun LEGALLY without a background check, and the gun lobby will have it no other way,

so it doesn't matter how crazy you are, unless you're locked up, you can buy a gun.

Classifying someone as "mental" is not a legal term. What I want is if you want to deny someone the right to a firearm bring them in front of a judge and adjuicate their rights away. A court judgement is something a background check should pick up, and would be supported as a check if a court did the determination.

What the NRA doesnt want is some ATF flunky having the ability to deny someone the right to a firearm.

I'll try one more time.

It doesn't matter if the judge adjudicates your rights away or not, since you don't need a background check to legally buy a gun.

Are you feeble minded?

That's why I think we should register gun buyers, and not guns. If you are a registered gun buyer, you show your registration to a gun seller and then you can buy whatever you want, in whatever quantities you wish, without the government being told what you bought.

If you pass all the mental health and clean criminal record hurdles, you get your card. If you get arrested, or try to commit suicide, your card is revoked.

That's another pretty good idea that the gun lobby will never allow to become law.

That's the problem, you have to be deemed mentally incompetent by a judge and sent to a mental ward to not be able to obtain a gun, and even then, few mental wards even report back to the ATF to register these people.

If someone is found to be severely mentally ill, such as the shooter, it should be the mental health professional's job to report it to the ATF.

Taking away a right requires a judge, and a determination from said judge. Whats to prevent the ATF from defining down the definition of "severely mentally ill"?

Burecrats do not have the power to remove a right from a person, only a court can, and only after the person in question has faced said court.

If there was a list of deemed mental conditions on a list that would be reported, Giffords, colorado, virgina tech, newtown and now DC never would have happened.

All had known severe mental illness

All obtained guns legally.

What about people with severe mental illnesses that drown their children, or drive through a crowd sitting at a sidewalk cafe in California.

Seems the real threat here is from the diagnosed mentally ill.

:eusa_whistle:

How 'bout we lock up anyone that goes to a psychiatrist for help, and then is found to have severe mental illness?

:eusa_eh:

Damn, this place is gonna be quiet.......

So we have a guy who plays video games 16 hours a day, on psychopathic drugs, shot his gun at a man's tires and a woman who was making too much noise above him, and decided because of "racial discrimination" to go toa top secure military center in the Capitol of the United States and shoot it up.

USA TODAY
Seattle police released details late Monday of another shooting incident from 2004 in which Alexis shot the rear tires of a vehicle owned by a construction worker doing work in his neighborhood. Alexis told police he had an anger-fueled "blackout" but added that he felt he had been "mocked" by the workers and "disrespected" by the workers.

Aaron Alexis, Navy Yard shooting suspect: Who is he?

You got to be fucking kidding.

Almost as unfathomable as Obama getting to be president.

deny him and its racial profiling. and the bottom line is when we identify someone as having issues there is no plan in place to deal with them. which is why background cecks will never work

The guy walked into a gunshop, passed a background check, and came out with weapons, legally.

This is why mental health reporting needs to be expanded

You're ignoring the fact that he shot at someone's tires, and shot at a woman through his ceiling/her floor for makiing too much noise.

Had the victims not come forward no one would ever have known because Alexis was never arrested or charged with a crime. He had plausible excuses, no one was hurt and no cop wanted to be suspended for being a racist.

It would have been no problem if he coudn't get a gun.

Thanks NRA, thanks GOP. Your refusal to tighten up gun markets has caused another mass shooting.

USA TODAY
Seattle police released details late Monday of another shooting incident from 2004 in which Alexis shot the rear tires of a vehicle owned by a construction worker doing work in his neighborhood. Alexis told police he had an anger-fueled "blackout" but added that he felt he had been "mocked" by the workers and "disrespected" by the workers.

Aaron Alexis, Navy Yard shooting suspect: Who is he?

You got to be fucking kidding.

Almost as unfathomable as Obama getting to be president.

Don't nominate nuclear war hawks like Mccain or overtly fascist pigs like Romney.

Try Rand Paul this time around.

Are you feeble minded?

I'll try one more time.

It doesn't matter if the judge adjudicates your rights away or not, since you don't need a background check to legally buy a gun.

put in the strictest of all background checks and you can still get a gun without a background check. its called an illegal purchase. as soon as NY passed its safe act and now banned guns came off the store shelves they started showing up on the black market. my sons 20 year old friends were buying AR's, AK's, M1a's. and they know right where to go to sell them too. all you're useless laws will keep guns out of the hands of people as well as all of your useless laws on drugs. they mean nothing.

It would have been no problem if he coudn't get a gun.

Thanks NRA, thanks GOP. Your refusal to tighten up gun markets has caused another mass shooting.

try to keep s out of the hands of people. it will work about as well as keeping drugs out of the hands of people. brain dead people like you are what is wrong with this world. all you do is react and you never solve a problem

Are you lefty gun-grabbers ready to get bitch-slapped by the NRA and freedom-loving Americans again?

After the epic failure of the NRA after the newton incident, I can't wait to see what La-Pee-Pee has to say :lol:

Are you feeble minded?

That's why I think we should register gun buyers, and not guns. If you are a registered gun buyer, you show your registration to a gun seller and then you can buy whatever you want, in whatever quantities you wish, without the government being told what you bought.

If you pass all the mental health and clean criminal record hurdles, you get your card. If you get arrested, or try to commit suicide, your card is revoked.

That's another pretty good idea that the gun lobby will never allow to become law.

you gun grabbing assholes have already over stepped your bounds. so here is a tip for you, not only are we not going to support new legislation, we are going to fight to remove the bullshit that is already in place. you made the mistake of thinking the battle for gun control was being fought by a handful of gun nuts and a few neo Nazis. there are millions of law abiding citizens who are passionate about their 2nd amendment rights. there are millions more who are sick of rights in general being eroded by an over reaching government. you fail to realize that something like the battle gay marriage is being won not by the gays, a few percent of the total population, but because they have the backing of millions who support their rights. and that is exactly the momentum the gun rights movement has. a rapidly growing number of gun owners. 20,000,000 new pistol permit applications last year alone. and that's in states that even require them. and a large majority of people who are sick of government intrusion into their rights in general.

Are you lefty gun-grabbers ready to get bitch-slapped by the NRA and freedom-loving Americans again?

After the epic failure of the NRA after the newton incident, I can't wait to see what La-Pee-Pee has to say :lol:

please, you liberal whiners couldn't even exploit the deaths of school children to pas a background check you claimed had 90% approval of the public. talk about an epic failure.

I'll try one more time.

put in the strictest of all background checks and you can still get a gun without a background check. its called an illegal purchase. as soon as NY passed its safe act and now banned guns came off the store shelves they started showing up on the black market. my sons 20 year old friends were buying AR's, AK's, M1a's. and they know right where to go to sell them too. all you're useless laws will keep guns out of the hands of people as well as all of your useless laws on drugs. they mean nothing.

Children get molested every day despite the fact that we have the strictest of laws against child molesting.

How idiotic would it then be to argue that we don't need laws against child molesting.

It would be as idiotic as your argument that we don't need background check laws because guns will be obtained anyway.

Children get molested every day despite the fact that we have the strictest of laws against child molesting.

How idiotic would it then be to argue that we don't need laws against child molesting.

It would be as idiotic as your argument that we don't need background check laws because guns will be obtained anyway.

That's because molesting children is reprehensible.

Owning a gun is not.

Owning a gun isn't the crime in a gun murder. The murder part is the crime.

Owning a gun is not.

It's not reprehensible for a felon convicted of a gun crime to own guns?

See? YOU are the problem. You're a nut case extremist.

Owning a gun is not.

It's not reprehensible for a felon convicted of a gun crime to own guns?

See? YOU are the problem. You're a nut case extremist.

Yes, it is reprehensible for a felon convicted of a gun crime to own a gun.

The solution is to hang them the first time they're caught doing an armed robbery and murdering/injuring someone offensively with a weapon.

If they have a violent history, that didn't' involve guns, then they still should not be allowed to own a firearm.

Also, if we hanged wife beaters and child molesters and the like, we wouldn't have to worry about them either.

You liberals keep "rehabilitating" VIOLENT criminals and setting them free. That is the largest part of the problem.

Hang them.

Also, please end the War on Drugs (the War on Black People), it will greatly reduce the amount of violence and crime. Progressives failed with Prohibition in the 1930's, please stop implementing this miserably failed policy on us now.

Last edited:
I'll try one more time.

and laws don't stop child molesters. laws won't stop people from killing or mass murders. sounds like you are saying you are really not interested in stopping the killings, just in being able to prosecute someone who has. how is your prosecution of lanza going? how about this guy?

Forum List

Back