How EVIL is liberalism anyway?

Like most, you call anything you don't like "liberal" while having no goddamned clue that defending liberty is being liberal.

No, I am actually pretty liberal about what others choose to call liberalism.

Just historically, the definition of liberalism was never more liberty. Libertarianism on the other hand is classically cited as meaning just that.

That is the root of liberalism, the root of America - liberty.

Permission is overrated. We just gave it a slightly positive connotation, and called it liberty.
If you want LIBERTY, you defend LIBERALISM. If you have never been taught that, or can't understand it, no one can help your stupid ass.

Can't give away freedom? Your kind does every day, trading it for safety.

They are trading in liberty, not freedom.

The freedom to do something is a constant, if freedom is defined as the will to act on a thought. Even if that act leads to failure.

And freedom was founded here by revolution against the conservatives. You call liberal what isn't so, knock it off.

That is true, but there is a difference between conservatives of the late 1700's and the conservatives of today.

Same difference that exists between liberals of the late 1700's, and liberals of today.

You hate Liberty otherwise you'd call yourself a liberal.

I was not aware I hated liberty, given that my entire ideology can be summated as providing the maximum amount of liberty possible.
If you defend liberty then you are a liberal, and you sure don't sound like one. You sound like a --------------------------right-wing reactionary tool.

If you want LIBERTY, you defend LIBERALISM.

I defend political reform, which by the classical definition of liberalism makes me a liberal.

How about you show the historical origin of the definition you keep ranting about?

Can't give away freedom? Your kind does every day, trading it for safety.

They are trading in liberty, not freedom.

The freedom to do something is a constant, if freedom is defined as the will to act on a thought. Even if that act leads to failure.

And freedom was founded here by revolution against the conservatives. You call liberal what isn't so, knock it off.

That is true, but there is a difference between conservatives of the late 1700's and the conservatives of today.

Same difference that exists between liberals of the late 1700's, and liberals of today.
Liberals today defend liberty. The fact that you call anything you disagree with "liberal" cannot be helped. Want liberty? Be a liberal. That's all folks.

If you want LIBERTY, you defend LIBERALISM.

I defend political reform, which by the classical definition of liberalism makes me a liberal.

How about you show the historical origin of the definition you keep ranting about?
Historical? The definition of Liberalism has never changed only you want to change what a liberal is to make it a dirty word. That's your problem not mine.

Liberals today defend liberty.

Modern liberals defend the oppressive and corrupt statist structure.

Not only do they defend it, but they seek to expand the roles of the already oppressive and corrupt state.

Statists come from all ideologies except anarchists.

Exactly.

That is why it is so easy for me to generalize all political ideologies, being that I criticize the broad surface they all rest on.
So you are an anarchist? All ideologies have statists, that doesn't mean all ideologies promote statism above all. Political parties constantly are in flux between their more authoritarian and liberal elements within. Democrats have a more right faction and Republicans have a more left faction within their place on the political spectrum.

Historical? The definition of Liberalism has never changed only you want to change what a liberal is to make it a dirty word. That's your problem not mine.

Then you will have no trouble quickly sourcing the historical origin of that definition.

slide_2.jpg

Like I was saying, these liberals were different than your breed of liberals. Mostly in regards to limited government and laissez faire capitalism.

No. That would mean they are not liberals. Why do you consistently misuse that word?

Do you believe there should be more or less laws and regulations?

Should the state take greater strides to help the downtrodden through welfare policies?

If so, then you support expanding the roles of the corrupt and oppressive statist structure.[/QUOTE]

Then you will have no trouble quickly sourcing the historical origin of that definition.

slide_2.jpg

Like I was saying, these liberals were different than your breed of liberals. Mostly in regards to limited government and laissez faire capitalism.
The word liberalism means now what it meant then. So does the word dumbshit, of which you are one.

All ideologies have statists, that doesn't mean all ideologies promote statism above all.

That is true.

Political parties constantly are in flux between their more authoritarian and liberal elements within.

As the state naturally evolve, all government serves fear and greed.

Authoritarian or liberal policies, despite which the people are advocating for, are only passed due to somebody else's agenda.

No. That would mean they are not liberals. Why do you consistently misuse that word?

Do you believe there should be more or less laws and regulations?

Should the state take greater strides to help the downtrodden through welfare policies?

If so, then you support expanding the roles of the corrupt and oppressive statist structure.
I support liberalism and a government that works for the citizens. The Founding Fathers supported liberalism and a government that worked for the citizens. Now, what's your problem with liberalism? And don't give me that crap you call liberalism, give me the real stuff.

I support liberalism and a government that works for the citizens. The Founding Fathers supported liberalism and a government that worked for the citizens.

How does that correlate with the definition of liberalism?

You said liberalism = liberty. Please explain where in history it has expunged as meaning that, and then we can analyze the source.

Now, what's your problem with liberalism?

My problem right now is that you do not recognize the disconnect between what classical liberals believed and what modern liberals believe.

Forum List

Back