How EVIL is liberalism anyway?

Actually I don't create either one.
But they created a Constitution. And it's entirely based on Liberalism.

Sure, but classical liberalism is a 180 from what liberals of today support.

They believed in small government. Since the articles of confederation, corrupt or frightened politicians have been increasing the roles of the state for their own solidarity.

Yes everyone that doesn't have the same political philosophy as you is EVIL!!! These threads are mind numbingly stupid.

In reference to politics, I would say every ideology outside of mine is evil.

The adherents of which are mostly just sheep who only think within the realm of what they are told to think about.

Yes everyone that doesn't have the same political philosophy as you is EVIL!!! These threads are mind numbingly stupid.

The adherents of which are mostly just sheep who only think within the realm of what they are told to think about.
Liberalism = liberty. And so ends that discussion.

Both the classical and modern definitions disagree.

Classically, liberals were reformists, while conservatives were supporters of the status quo. It wasn't an ideological affiliation thing really either.

Both the classical and modern definitions disagree.

Classically, liberals were reformists, while conservatives were supporters of the status quo. It wasn't an ideological affiliation thing really either.
Liberalism = liberty. If someone says differently they're lying so, ignore them.

Well I would say the world isn't black and white and that attitude is stupidity. Following one rigid world view/politics without considering good ideas regardless of where they come from makes you a sheep my friend.

They believed in small government. Since the articles of confederation, corrupt or frightened politicians have been incr

There's no such thing. "Liberal" means "Liberal", period. It's only the bullshitious who want it to mean its own opposite so they can play with words. Like that Doublethink assclown Jonah Goldberg who tried to sell a book on "Liberal Fascism". To be followed no doubt by the sequels, "Microsoft Works" and "Airline Food".

Maybe this has to be made even more simple and clear, and this is completely historically accurate. No liberalism = no America. Without liberalism you'd still have a monarchy. That is what the conservatives fought for and against the American Revolution.

God save the Queen, and liberals did not.

Well I would say the world isn't black and white and that attitude is stupidity. Following one rigid world view/politics without considering good ideas regardless of where they come from makes you a sheep my friend.

They have been tried and considered.

What I have fits the bill, and I am confident calling out statist ideologies as being among the most evil and abominable social machinations in history.

It isn't like I am sitting here with my hands in my ear chanting La-La-La though.

What I have fits the bill, and I am confident calling out statist ideologies as being among the most evil and abominable social machinations in history.

It isn't like I am sitting here with my hands in my ear chanting La-La-La though.
If you don't respect liberalism then you are living the wrong nation. Flag burning allowed? Liberalism. Gay marriage? Liberalism. Freedom of religion? Liberalism. Freedom of the press? Liberalism. And so on.

You guys are inventing definitions with no historical basis. It is intellectually dishonest.

Classically, liberalism referred to supporters of change and social reform, whereas conservatism supported the status quo.

Most enlightenment philosophers, among the first identified liberals, believed in a set of policies that to this day are known as classical liberalism. It includes incredibly small government, and is not consistent with the modern liberal ideology. George Bush was often called a classic liberal for god sakes.

I obviously do not need to tell you guys the modern definition of liberalism. You all have your own ideas on what it means today.

If you don't respect liberalism then you are living the wrong nation. Flag burning allowed? Liberalism. Gay marriage? Liberalism. Freedom of religion? Liberalism. Freedom of the press? Liberalism. And so on.

Uhh, no.

That is attributed to the constitution, which I already asserted was made by a different breed of liberals than that of today.

Also you cannot give away freedom, so there is that...

You guys are inventing definitions with no historical basis. It is intellectually dishonest.

Classically, liberalism referred to supporters of change and social reform, whereas conservatism supported the status quo.

Most enlightenment philosophers, among the first identified liberals, believed in a set of policies that to this day are known as classical liberalism. These are incredibly small government, and not consistent with the modern liberal ideology. George Bush was often called a classic liberal for god sakes.

I obviously do not need to tell you guys the modern definition of liberalism. You all have your own ideas on what it means today.
Like most, you call anything you don't like "liberal" while having no goddamned clue that defending liberty is being liberal. That is the root of liberalism, the root of America - liberty.

Statists come from all ideologies except anarchists.

Uhh, no.

That is attributed to the constitution, which I already asserted was made by a different breed of liberals than that of today.

Also you cannot give away freedom, so there is that...
Can't give away freedom? Your kind does every day, trading it for safety.

And freedom was founded here by revolution against the conservatives. You call liberal what isn't so, knock it off.

Like most, you call anything you don't like "liberal" while having no goddamned clue that defending liberty is being liberal.

No, I am actually pretty liberal about what others choose to call liberalism.

Just historically, the definition of liberalism was never more liberty. Libertarianism on the other hand is classically cited as meaning just that.

That is the root of liberalism, the root of America - liberty.

Permission is overrated. We just gave it a slightly positive connotation, and called it liberty.

Forum List

Back