How EVIL is liberalism anyway?

So where is it written that the Supreme Court will review laws and acts and decide their Constitutionality?
ARTICLE III

Section 1. The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good behavior, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services, a Compensation, which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.

Section 2. The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority;—to all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls;—to all Cases of admiralty and maritime Jurisdiction;—to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party;—to Controversies between two or more States;—between a State and Citizens of another State;—between Citizens of different States; —between Citizens of the same State claiming Lands under Grants of different States, and between a State, or the Citizens thereof, and foreign States, Citizens or Subjects.”

Excerpt From: States, United. “The United States Constitution.” iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: The United States Constitution

You might check out Marbury v Madison, when the Court took the power unto themselves. I think every high school kid is supposed to learn this.
What a bizarre twist on reality. Marbury vs. Madison is 100% in line with the U.S. Constitution. I'm going to repeat what was posted above since you seem confused...

The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States

Does Congress not make laws? Does the Constitution not make it clear that judicial power exists to all cases, in law and equity, the laws of the United States?!? What part are you confused by here. You're trying to proclaim that something which reaffirms my position somehow proves your position. Bizarre.
The Constitution does not make it clear that the Supreme Court has the power of Judicial Review which is why the Marshall Court had to have a trial in which the Court could declare that it has the power. Your quote on Article 3 says nothing about judicial review.
The framers may have intended Judicial Review or may not have, in any case the Constitution does not give the Court that power.
Dude...be a big enough man to admit when you're wrong. Everything I posted there - directly from the U.S. Constitution - makes it exceedingly clear that the Supreme Court was explicitly created to review challenged law. Congress makes law. You look silly right now denying something so crystal clear. Let's review again:

The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States

So where is it written that the Supreme Court will review laws and acts and decide their Constitutionality?
ARTICLE III

Section 1. The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good behavior, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services, a Compensation, which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.

Section 2. The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority;—to all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls;—to all Cases of admiralty and maritime Jurisdiction;—to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party;—to Controversies between two or more States;—between a State and Citizens of another State;—between Citizens of different States; —between Citizens of the same State claiming Lands under Grants of different States, and between a State, or the Citizens thereof, and foreign States, Citizens or Subjects.”

You might check out Marbury v Madison, when the Court took the power unto themselves. I think every high school kid is supposed to learn this.
What a bizarre twist on reality. Marbury vs. Madison is 100% in line with the U.S. Constitution. I'm going to repeat what was posted above since you seem confused...

Does Congress not make laws? Does the Constitution not make it clear that judicial power exists to all cases, in law and equity, the laws of the United States?!? What part are you confused by here. You're trying to proclaim that something which reaffirms my position somehow proves your position. Bizarre.
The Constitution does not make it clear that the Supreme Court has the power of Judicial Review which is why the Marshall Court had to have a trial in which the Court could declare that it has the power. Your quote on Article 3 says nothing about judicial review.
The framers may have intended Judicial Review or may not have, in any case the Constitution does not give the Court that power.
Dude...be a big enough man to admit when you're wrong. Everything I posted there - directly from the U.S. Constitution - makes it exceedingly clear that the Supreme Court was explicitly created to review challenged law. Congress makes law. You look silly right now denying something so crystal clear. Let's review again:

As l and others have told you nothing in Article 3 says anything about Judicial Review or gives that power to the Court so I will drop it. You should have researched the premise.

ARTICLE III

As l and others have told you nothing in Article 3 says anything about Judicial Review or gives that power to the Court so I will drop it. You should have researched the premise.
There is nothing to "research". It's right there in black and white and indisputable. You got hammered on this one. It's undeniable. Be a big enough man to admit when you're wrong.

Trying to deny that is literally dumber than trying to deny that water is wet.

A perfect example of evil and despicable progressivism is...

As they prepare for their exodus from the White House, the Obamas are about to join another rarified club – that of the ruling liberal elite class owning multiple ultra-expensive homes in highly exclusive communities that none in America can afford save the one-percenters. The very same one-percenters whom they rant and rail against as being the greedy, ego-centric millionaires who simply have too much.

Following the likes of Bill and Hillary Clinton who (despite Hillary’s claim earlier this year that they left White House “dead broke”) somehow managed to educate their daughter at Stanford, Oxford, NYU and Columbia; acquire a $1.7 million estate in Chappaqua and a $2.85 million mansion in Georgetown

Bernie Sanders who shortly after ending his 2016 presidential bid bought his third home –a $600,000 lakefront vacation house

Earlier this year it was revealed that upon his leaving the presidency the Obamas will not be returning to Chicago they will instead be moving into a $6 million, 8,200-square foot, 9-bedroom 12-bathroom mansion in Kalorama, one of the District’s most posh, desirable and exclusive neighborhoods in the heart of one of America’s wealthiest zip codes

With daughter Malia off to college that leaves just Barack, Michelle and Sasha until the younger daughter graduates high school in 2018. Nothing says “I care about climate change, energy consumption and our CO2 footprint” more than keeping an 8,200-square foot house heated and air conditioned year round …for just three people. The hypocrisy and “do as I say not as I do” hubris of all these wealthy climate change proponents is sickening. By the way, the Obama’s new home is just two doors down from Clinton campaign manager, John Podesta, who recently lost the most significant campaign of his life.

Something STRANGE happens when Democrats leave office

There is nothing to "research". It's right there in black and white and indisputable. You got hammered on this one. It's undeniable. Be a big enough man to admit when you're wrong.

Nothing more can I do for you except to advise you to get some law books, or books on the Constitution and look up Judicial Review. I have four in front of me as I write. It was a simple omission.

Nothing more can I do for you except to advise you to get some law books, or books on the Constitution and look up Judicial Review. I have four in front of me as I write. It was a simple omission.
Well I have the Constitution itself in front of me and quoted it word-for-word for you. Anyone who has basic literacy can clearly see that the Constitution created the Supreme Court and then empowered them with judicial power of all cases in law.

Well I have the Constitution itself in front of me and quoted it word-for-word for you. Anyone who has basic literacy can clearly see that the Constitution created the Supreme Court and then empowered them with judicial power of all cases in law.
Are you now saying the framers and Marshall also gave you the power of Judicial Review?
All I can do is tell you to get some books on the Constitution regarding Judicial Review. No need to thank me or anything else, it will be our little secret.

Are you now saying the framers and Marshall also gave you the power of Judicial Review?
All I can do is tell you to get some books on the Constitution regarding Judicial Review. No need to thank me or anything else, it will be our little secret.
Liberal "logic" at it's finest. I quote the Constitution itself word-for-word and regent's response is to essentiall declare that it doesn't count and one should (and I quote) "get some [progessive] books on the Constitution".

Folks...you can't make this stuff up :lmao:

(Psst....my friend....? Why would I get progressive propaganda about the U.S. Constitution when I can just read the constitution itself?!?)

Liberal "logic" at it's finest. I quote the Constitution itself word-for-word and regent's response is to essentiall declare that it doesn't count and one should (and I quote) "get some [progessive] books on the Constitution".

(Psst....my friend....? Why would I get progressive propaganda about the U.S. Constitution when I can just read the constitution itself?!?)
Because the words you read do not give the Court the power for judicial review. The power came from a Court decision in Marbury v, Madison.

Because the words you read do not give the Court the power for judicial review. The power came from a Court decision in Marbury v, Madison.
The words are crystal clear - perhaps the issue is you don't know what some of these terms mean? :dunno:

The U.S. Constitution unequivocally establishes the Supreme Court and tasks them with (and I quote) “The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States”.

Last edited:

The words are crystal clear - perhaps the issue is you don't know what some of these terms mean? :dunno:

The U.S. Constitution unequivocally establishes the Supreme Court and tasks them with (and I quote) “The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States”.
And as Cooke says about judicial reviews in his book "A Detailed Analysis Of the Constitution" there is no specific clause in the Constitution that confers this power on the courts,

And as Cooke says about judicial reviews in his book "A Detailed Analysis Of the Constitution" there is no specific clause in the Constitution that confers this power on the courts,
And as the U.S. Constitution itself says: (and I quote) “The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States”.

Only a small child confused by the language or a liar could possibly deny that the Constitution clearly grants the Supreme Court judicial power in all cases in law. Congress creates law. Thus, their legislation is absolutely and undeniably subject to challenges in the Supreme Court.

You're simply not a big enough man to admit when you're wrong. Oh well... :dunno:

And as the U.S. Constitution itself says: (and I quote) “The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States”.

Only a small child confused by the language or a liar could possibly deny that the Constitution clearly grants the Supreme Court judicial power in all cases in law. Congress creates law. Thus, their legislation is absolutely and undeniably subject to challenges in the Supreme Court.

You're simply not a big enough man to admit when you're wrong. Oh well... :dunno:

Oh please, Pansy. You create an entire thread about a philosophy you obviously know bupkis about and run away every single time you're challenged on it. I don't see you admitting your astounding lack of ability to handle your own topic. Wimp. :gay:

The second book I pulled off the shelf, "Your Rugged Constitution by Bruce Findlay says this: "The Constitution does not say plainly that the Supreme Court shall have this great power (judicial review) yet it has been used by the Court for over 100 years."
How many law books would convince you?

The second book I pulled off the shelf, "Your Rugged Constitution by Bruce Findlay says this: "The Constitution does not say plainly that the Supreme Court shall have this great power (judicial review) yet it has been used by the Court for over 100 years."
How many law books would convince you?
And why would you go to books about the U.S. Constitution when you can just go to the U.S. Constitution itself. This is as stupid as teammates forming opinions about Michael Jordan based off of books they read about him when they could just go actually talk to Michael Jordan himself. Seriously...who does that?!? :lol:

Forum List

Back