How George Soros Became The Subject Of So Many Far-Right Conspiracies

Explain. Because the way I understand trickle down is you take care of the rich and corporations. Cut their taxes as much as possible. Then they will take that money and either hire or spend it on things and that helps us, the rabble.

Now you explain how the GOP is the trickle up party. Never heard that before.

In our economy almost all the money trickles up to the wealthiest 0.1%. The GOP does everything possible to keep it that way.

Consider that a portion of the price paid in every transaction goes to 'profit'. Since most people live at or beyond their means, there is very little accumulated wealth over the course of their lives. Where does the money go?

At every stage of the economy, for every transaction, a portion goes to profit, so it keeps 'trickling up and up and up' until it goes to the wealthiest 0.1%

Explain. Because the way I understand trickle down is you take care of the rich and corporations. Cut their taxes as much as possible. Then they will take that money and either hire or spend it on things and that helps us, the rabble.

Now you explain how the GOP is the trickle up party. Never heard that before.
You're in a Nation That Models Its Economy on Urination

"Trickle down" is just an insulting label some left-winger invented to refer to it. There's no such economic policy. Allowing people to keep their money rather than the government taking it always benefits taxpayers.

Trickle-down economics is a term used in critical references to economic policies to say they disproportionately favor the upper end of the economic spectrum, i.e. wealthy investors and large corporations. In recent history, the term has been used broadly by critics of supply-side economics.[1] Major US examples of what critics have called "trickle-down economics" include the Reagan tax cuts, the Bush tax cuts,and the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017.

In our economy almost all the money trickles up to the wealthiest 0.1%. The GOP does everything possible to keep it that way.

Consider that a portion of the price paid in every transaction goes to 'profit'. Since most people live at or beyond their means, there is very little accumulated wealth over the course of their lives. Where does the money go?

At every stage of the economy, for every transaction, a portion goes to profit, so it keeps 'trickling up and up and up' until it goes to the wealthiest 0.1%

Thanks. Trickle Down means this. My brother is rich. Trump gave him a big tax break. So he purchased 65 acres up north. That helped the economy. The real estate guy. We went up several times before the house was built and we stayed in Boyne City. Rented rooms right on Lake Cumberland. Spend money there. Fill up the gas tank, go out to dinner, stop by tractor supply plus to get corn for the deer, go to Jay's Sporting goods and spend hundreds on hunting equipment.

Oh, and then he had the home built. The property only cost $100K. The home probably cost $500K. The garage that looks like a barn cost over $100K.

He kept those builders busy for like 3 or 4 years.

Oh yea, the property had been de-treed. They sold all the trees for lumber. So the entire middle of the property was all stumps. He paid to have a bulldozer come plow up all the stumps.

This year he's paying a guy to drive this machine that cuts everything in it's path all the way back to the river. There's a river on the back of the property but it's impossible to get to. This machine will blaze a trail to it no problem.

Trickle down does actually happen. Add up all the shit my brother and I have paid for that property, it's a fortune.

Me? I purchased several guns, a $7K quad.

Oh yea, and how much do we spend when we go skiing at Boyne Mountain? A fortune!

I'm not saying trickle down doesn't happen but I like middle class first. Take care of the middle class and everyone does well. The rich don't like it though because they do BETTER with trickle down.

The Republicans love to use George Soros as their boogieman. For years it was only right wing conspiracy theorists, Fox News and Rush doing it. But now even the Republican front runner (Trump) is doing it. George Soros isn't the boogieman. For example, Trump said the prosecutor is tied to GEORGE SOROS. Yea, because George Soros donated to a group who donated to that prosecutor. But ANY connection and Republicans will see what they want to see. It's ridiculous and it's time us liberals stand up for George Soros. He is not a monster. He's simply a rich guy who donates to Democrats because like me he sees Republicans for what they are. And yes there is a bit of anti semitism in their attack on Mr Soros.

He's a jew and a foreigner. What more could conservatives possibly need?

Trickle-down economics is a term used in critical references to economic policies to say they disproportionately favor the upper end of the economic spectrum, i.e. wealthy investors and large corporations. In recent history, the term has been used broadly by critics of supply-side economics.[1] Major US examples of what critics have called "trickle-down economics" include the Reagan tax cuts, the Bush tax cuts,and the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017.
What the fuck are "critical references?" It's been used by a gang of morons who know nothing about economics. The prog propaganda you consume has nothing to do with any kind of serious economic literature, which doesn't inlude any of the examples you mentioned.

What the fuck are "critical references?" It's been used by a gang of morons who know nothing about economics. The prog propaganda you consume has nothing to do with any kind of serious economic literature, which doesn't inlude any of the examples you mentioned.
It’s a better way of describing supply side economics.

Most people understand trickle down but would say what the fuck is supply side economics.

It’s a better way of describing supply side economics.

Most people understand trickle down but would say what the fuck is supply side economics.
Neither one are valid economic terms. They are political propaganda.

Neither one are valid economic terms. They are political propaganda.
What do you call the Republicans approach?

What do you call Biden's approach? I love it! It's called take care of the middle class first. Make sure they have enough money to spend and save. If the middle class is booming, the rich do well. And if the middle class is booming, the poor have no excuse. If they want to get out of poverty, they can.

With the Reagan, Bush or Trump way you make the rich richer and hope that "trickles down". Trump proved this not to be a good approach. Think about that MASSIVE tax break he gave us all in the beginning. That should have given us a decade of 4, 6, maybe even 6% growth. But what did it get us? 2.3% GDP. Obama had 2.2. Was it worth it? Fuck no! So trickle down doesn't work.

I shouldn't say it doesn't work because actually, I've seen it does work. My brother is a multi millionaire. Why he needed a tax break I'll never know. But he got one. So they had all this money and no where to put it. They weren't going to open a business. Interest rates sucked. This is probably why his wife agreed to let him buy the property up north. Yesterday I was telling someone else how much he alone has done to spin the economy up in that small town up north Michigan. Small towns, people with not a lot of money. That city has to love a millionaire coming in and spending all that money rather than have a new factory that brings in poor and middle class people. Then the town is no longer small and cute. It becomes more of a big city with crime and minorities.

I believe to buy land up there and build it has to be at least 5 acres? If not you have to get approval to build a subdivision. This one guy got approval and he has the land all set up and for sale signs but so far no one is buying homes in his subdivision. But rich people like my brother are buying up 5 plus acres and putting sweet cottages on them.

OMG we went to this one guys home. His kid goes to school with my nephew. This guy is filthy rich too and he had his log cabin home on something like 500 acres custom built. Logs brought in from the UP or Canada. Boulders brought in from Canada or the UP. It is a home you could only dream about.

But the problem with the GOP is their policies are all trickle down. And it doesn't work. Not when your corporations philosophy is instead of paying 50 employees $100K you prefer instead to hire 100 employees and only pay them $50K. That is the GOP dream. Hence why you are the party for the rich, not labor.

What do you call the Republicans approach?

What do you call Biden's approach? I love it! It's called take care of the middle class first. Make sure they have enough money to spend and save. If the middle class is booming, the rich do well. And if the middle class is booming, the poor have no excuse. If they want to get out of poverty, they can.

With the Reagan, Bush or Trump way you make the rich richer and hope that "trickles down". Trump proved this not to be a good approach. Think about that MASSIVE tax break he gave us all in the beginning. That should have given us a decade of 4, 6, maybe even 6% growth. But what did it get us? 2.3% GDP. Obama had 2.2. Was it worth it? Fuck no! So trickle down doesn't work.

I shouldn't say it doesn't work because actually, I've seen it does work. My brother is a multi millionaire. Why he needed a tax break I'll never know. But he got one. So they had all this money and no where to put it. They weren't going to open a business. Interest rates sucked. This is probably why his wife agreed to let him buy the property up north. Yesterday I was telling someone else how much he alone has done to spin the economy up in that small town up north Michigan. Small towns, people with not a lot of money. That city has to love a millionaire coming in and spending all that money rather than have a new factory that brings in poor and middle class people. Then the town is no longer small and cute. It becomes more of a big city with crime and minorities.

I believe to buy land up there and build it has to be at least 5 acres? If not you have to get approval to build a subdivision. This one guy got approval and he has the land all set up and for sale signs but so far no one is buying homes in his subdivision. But rich people like my brother are buying up 5 plus acres and putting sweet cottages on them.

OMG we went to this one guys home. His kid goes to school with my nephew. This guy is filthy rich too and he had his log cabin home on something like 500 acres custom built. Logs brought in from the UP or Canada. Boulders brought in from Canada or the UP. It is a home you could only dream about.

But the problem with the GOP is their policies are all trickle down. And it doesn't work. Not when your corporations philosophy is instead of paying 50 employees $100K you prefer instead to hire 100 employees and only pay them $50K. That is the GOP dream. Hence why you are the party for the rich, not labor.
Utter horseshit. I'm not going to waste my time arguing about economics with you. That would be like trying to teach calculus to cockroaches.

Thanks. Trickle Down means this. My brother is rich. Trump gave him a big tax break. So he purchased 65 acres up north. That helped the economy. The real estate guy. We went up several times before the house was built and we stayed in Boyne City. Rented rooms right on Lake Cumberland. Spend money there. Fill up the gas tank, go out to dinner, stop by tractor supply plus to get corn for the deer, go to Jay's Sporting goods and spend hundreds on hunting equipment.

Oh, and then he had the home built. The property only cost $100K. The home probably cost $500K. The garage that looks like a barn cost over $100K.

He kept those builders busy for like 3 or 4 years.

Oh yea, the property had been de-treed. They sold all the trees for lumber. So the entire middle of the property was all stumps. He paid to have a bulldozer come plow up all the stumps.

This year he's paying a guy to drive this machine that cuts everything in it's path all the way back to the river. There's a river on the back of the property but it's impossible to get to. This machine will blaze a trail to it no problem.

Trickle down does actually happen. Add up all the shit my brother and I have paid for that property, it's a fortune.

Me? I purchased several guns, a $7K quad.

Oh yea, and how much do we spend when we go skiing at Boyne Mountain? A fortune!

I'm not saying trickle down doesn't happen but I like middle class first. Take care of the middle class and everyone does well. The rich don't like it though because they do BETTER with trickle down.

That's not really what trickle down was supposed to be. Trickle down was supposed to means that as the rich got richer, salaries and wages would go up for employees proportionally with the increase in wealth at the top.

To the extent that salaries and wages have gone up, prices have gone up much more, so for American working people there has been a net loss since the 1980s (per worker).

At the same time women have joined the work force, almost doubling it. Now it takes 2 salaries to support a middle class family. While at the same time job skills & educational demands for employees have increased.

The result is that while real productivity by working Americans has grown exponentially, salaries per worker have effectively been cut in half. All the wealth from the increased productivity has trickled up to the wealthiest 0.1%.

They've even increased the retirement age, so working people have to work practically until the day they die.

That wealth, instead of being used to increase workers salaries, was used to transform the Chinese economy from an economic shit hole to into an super-modern economic and military giant. The American working class, who saved the wealthy from communism, were betrayed at a level that is beyond imagination.

In your assessment of 'Trickle Down', there are lots of transactions. Part of each is 'Profit'. Workers may gain employment from these, but not enough to build savings. They only get enough to live day to day. Each business that your brother hires, has to pay workers and expenses. The workers don't save, the expenses go to other companies which includes 'profit' at each transaction. The money all 'Trickles up'.

BTW - I blame the dumb ass American workers more than I blame the wealthy. First, for falling for the 'Trickle down' B.S., but also because even if they get more money, they will just continue to live beyond their means and get themselves into ever increasing debt.

American workers must first learn the difference between an appreciating asset and a non-appreciating asset, and stop being mindless consumers of anything that's marketed to them.

That's not really what trickle down was supposed to be. Trickle down was supposed to means that as the rich got richer, salaries and wages would go up for employees proportionally with the increase in wealth at the top.

To the extent that salaries and wages have gone up, prices have gone up much more, so for American working people there has been a net loss since the 1980s (per worker).

At the same time women have joined the work force, almost doubling it. Now it takes 2 salaries to support a middle class family. While at the same time job skills & educational demands for employees have increased.

The result is that while real productivity by working Americans has grown exponentially, salaries per worker have effectively been cut in half. All the wealth from the increased productivity has trickled up to the wealthiest 0.1%.

They've even increased the retirement age, so working people have to work practically until the day they die.

That wealth, instead of being used to increase workers salaries, was used to transform the Chinese economy from an economic shit hole to into an super-modern economic and military giant. The American working class, who saved the wealthy from communism, were betrayed at a level that is beyond imagination.

In your assessment of 'Trickle Down', there are lots of transactions. Part of each is 'Profit'. Workers may gain employment from these, but not enough to build savings. They only get enough to live day to day. Each business that your brother hires, has to pay workers and expenses. The workers don't save, the expenses go to other companies which includes 'profit' at each transaction. The money all 'Trickles up'.

BTW - I blame the dumb ass American workers more than I blame the wealthy. First, for falling for the 'Trickle down' B.S., but also because even if they get more money, they will just continue to live beyond their means and get themselves into ever increasing debt.

American workers must first learn the difference between an appreciating asset and a non-appreciating asset, and stop being mindless consumers of anything that's marketed to them.
Whenever someone uses the term "trickle down," anything that follows is guaranteed to be total bullshit.

However the economists may define 'Supply-Side' economics, the real meaning is:

In a society of disparate wealth, the law of supply and demand goes to hell, and those who control the supply have everyone else by the balls!

Whenever someone uses the term "trickle down," anything that follows is guaranteed to be total bullshit.

The term 'Trickle Down' was popularized in the 1980 by Reagan conservatives.

I remember telling people that what it really meant was that the wealthy were going to piss on the working class. Somehow, most people seem to think that if you let the wealthy piss on you, you will become wealthy.

I agree 'Trickle Down' is total bullshit.

Economists don't define supply side economics. It's not an economic term.

Pure bullshit. You're just making stuff up.

Yes, 'Supply-Side' is a term in economics:

I would explain further how the law of supply and demand goes to shit when there's wealthy disparity, but why waste my time? You've proven many times that you're not capable of intelligent thought.

CEO pay has skyrocketed 1,460% since 1978 CEOs were paid 399 times as much as a typical worker in 2021​

If this is true, trickle down doesn't work. The gap between rich and rest of us has just widened BECAUSE of Reaganomics.

I love it that you can't give your economic policies a name. How about Horse Shit?

Forum List

Back