How Is Inflation Affecting You?

The cost of fuel is being driven by the US oil industry that is keeping supply down
Driven where?...you know nothing about the cost of energy and why it moves up or down....supply shortages come from limiting access to oil by yet another democrat administration....

there were over 800 oil rigs in operation. That number dropped below 400 during the pandemic. Now the number of oil rigs stands at around 414.
Dummy...those were the rigs on public lands and waters which Joe put off limits for oil production....

After we are forced to only being able to buy new EVs in 2030, the price of a good used gasoline cars will even more.
People will be hanging on to their gasoline cars.

After we are forced to only being able to buy new EVs in 2030, the price of a good used gasoline cars will even more.
A 3-4 year old truck with low miles is money...if you have one...

Credit cards are, for the vast majority that use them, a terrible idea. People end up paying thousands for things that cost them a hundred bucks all for the convenience of owning shit you actually cant afford.

Like you said, there are some rare people such as yourself that use them properly. It is pretty rare though. I know so many people that dug that hole deeper and deeper and deeper and they have nothing to show for it.

I have owned exactly one credit card in my lifetime, been forced to carry another for work and I can say I will never own one again. I think my total credit card expenditures come out to about 100 bucks and I paid that immediately.

I just do not see the value in my own circumstance that a credit card would bring.

I pay all my bills with a 1.5% cash back card. I pay it in full every month and get 60-80 bucks a month in cash back. It totaled a bit over $800 last year. You can make the bank work for you.

Is completely irrelevant to the fact that gas prices are artificially inflated and it is totally due to the policies of the vegetable regime.

The topic is "how is inflation affecting you". Thus I replied to the topic, your fantasies about Biden are not really relevant to the topic of the thread

When you reduce access to oil or coal by stopping oil and coal production... ie drilling and mining on public land it reduces access to those commodities and since oil and coal are speculative...the "bad Guys" the speculators drive up the cost....

Which has not happened.

Driven where?...you know nothing about the cost of energy and why it moves up or down....supply shortages come from limiting access to oil by yet another democrat administration....

Yet supply in the US alone is up 15% over the last year.

True. It would appear the more liberal the country, the happier the people.

What else did you notice but the countries in the top 10? How would they rank in terms of diversity and I am not just talking about race, but diversity of culture as well? When you have less diversity you have more people that think the same andl less turmoil. I am not making an argument that we need less diversity in the US, but lets be real and stop believing the liberal hype. Diversity provides some positive outcomes, but it is not without faults.

Southerners are known to have a special culture in the US. I can tell you that if you get together a 10 born and bred Southerners to discuss a problem you will have a much smoother discussion than if that same group is made up of 5 Southerners and 5 Northerners. The first country on your list is Finland. How often do you think they run into that problem?

What else did you notice but the countries in the top 10? How would they rank in terms of diversity and I am not just talking about race, but diversity of culture as well? When you have less diversity you have more people that think the same andl less turmoil. I am not making an argument that we need less diversity in the US, but lets be real and stop believing the liberal hype. Diversity provides some positive outcomes, but it is not without faults.

Southerners are known to have a special culture in the US. I can tell you that if you get together a 10 born and bred Southerners to discuss a problem you will have a much smoother discussion than if that same group is made up of 5 Southerners and 5 Northerners. The first country on your list is Finland. How often do you think they run into that problem?
Certainly one of many factors.

Anything and everything are up compared to the height of the China virus...not a number to be proud of even if its accurate and coming from you the Biden voter well....accuracy is not your strong suit...

Pride has nothing to do with it, just cold hard facts....something you have never really been friends with.

Oh, and last Feb was not the height of COVID, that was 2020.

I can tell you that if you get together a 10 born and bred Southerners to discuss a problem you will have a much smoother discussion than if that same group is made up of 5 Southerners and 5 Northerners.

And chances are the solution will not be as good. Group think is not a good thing

I pay all my bills with a 1.5% cash back card. I pay it in full every month and get 60-80 bucks a month in cash back. It totaled a bit over $800 last year. You can make the bank work for you.

Yes, you can if you do things correctly.

I, honestly, don't care enough to do this so I don't. Call it lazy but meh, I will likely never have another card. It does give me the advantage that I do not have to care about my credit one iota - no idea what my score is. If a company fucks me over, they do not get paid. Nothing they can do to me. Had Verizon try and charge me for services they did not render - told them to work something better out or get nothing.

They got nothing.

Depends on if I can get one that will do my driving for me. Have to make a 3000-4000 mile drive once a year, oh what I would do to have the damn car drive that asinine road for me :D

Depends on if I can get one that will do my driving for me. Have to make a 3000-4000 mile drive once a year, oh what I would do to have the damn car drive that asinine road for me :D
With the range of current EVs, that 3K to 4K trip will take 12 to 16 days minimum. BTW, that auto pilot feature doesn't mean you get to sleep or watch TV--one moron driver in the SE figured he could do that and his Tesla OTTO pilot took out a couple of parked cop cars and one of the cops. You think OTTO went to jail for that?

With the range of current EVs, that 3K to 4K trip will take 12 to 16 days minimum. BTW, that auto pilot feature doesn't mean you get to sleep or watch TV--one moron driver in the SE figured he could do that and his Tesla OTTO pilot took out a couple of parked cop cars and one of the cops. You think OTTO went to jail for that?
Depends on where the tech gets to. It will get there eventually but it may take a few more decades before cars are reliable enough.

And yes, the charging problem is why I have no interest in an electric vehicle. Ill gladly take a gas driven driverless car. I don't care if it runs on unicorn farts, I dust do not want to drive for 50+ hours.

Depends on where the tech gets to. It will get there eventually but it may take a few more decades before cars are reliable enough.

And yes, the charging problem is why I have no interest in an electric vehicle. Ill gladly take a gas driven driverless car. I don't care if it runs on unicorn farts, I dust do not want to drive for 50+ hours.
Fly?

Not a good option. There are 4 of us making flight awfully expensive and I take a little over a month for the trip itself hitting 3 different states (and I may be adding a 4th as my sister just moved to Colorado).

That would be a complex flight schedule costing several thousands before I start getting into my rental fees for a car when I get to each location. Just brining my own car makes the trip pretty cheap, I spend far less than a grand in gas the entire trip and do not need to rent anything minus the occasional hotel for when I cannot make a full leg in a single day. The wear on my vehicle is nowhere near the costs associated with making the trip any other way and the gas is miniscule compared to the cost of the flight.

Forum List

Back