How Is This NOT Intentional?

$400 million, not 1.7 billion. And Iran has yet to pay one penny to any of its victims of their terror atacks as has been ordered by the courts.
Billy says the interest on Iranian money is not Iranian interest.

Billy that kind of statement makes people chuckle at your nonsense.

So where did the money come from?

The Shah's trust fund that was in US banks, plus the accrued interest over 36 years.

That is, all Iranian money.

See above. I was gonna let you all bark for awhile, but Depotoo gave you the cat. Under the circumstances, they were due no interest.

Regardless, the interest is American taxpayer funded.

U.S. to pay Iran $1.7 billion in legal settlement - CNNPolitics.com

No. Goes back to the time of Pahlavi. Carter had released $8 billion back to the Iranians, but not this $400 million.
Yet Iran has never paid a dime to US victims of their terror attacks as ordered to do so by US Courts of Law.
Do you realize why that money was withheld in a trust?
And actually $1.3 billion is taxpayer money. The deal for arms was a trust of only $400 million.
Billy, I take a tentative issue with Mr. Lake's contention. I thought that money is Iran's own money of $1.8 bil in American banks, frozen by us and now released to it's owner.

Money does not sit in limbo. Current American taxpayers are covering the payment. In any event, it should not have been released.
Lordy Lordy, billy! You're just tweaking your little heart out. Bottom line is...it is NOT taxpayer money and the whole premise is misleading, misdirecting and plain old wrong, intentional or inadvertent or not!
Depotoo, I did not realize. Can you explain? In terms a low finance soul like me can understand? What $400 million deal for arms? You mean going back to IranContra?
The two issues are not related. Tough. It is Iranian money.

If the defenders of Trump on this Board are the general reflection of his supporters, he will not get 30% of the final vote.

Says who? You? Well, I beg to differ.
No. Goes back to the time of Pahlavi. Carter had released $8 billion back to the Iranians, but not this $400 million.
Yet Iran has never paid a dime to US victims of their terror attacks as ordered to do so by US Courts of Law.
Do you realize why that money was withheld in a trust?
And actually $1.3 billion is taxpayer money. The deal for arms was a trust of only $400 million.
Money does not sit in limbo. Current American taxpayers are covering the payment. In any event, it should not have been released.
Lordy Lordy, billy! You're just tweaking your little heart out. Bottom line is...it is NOT taxpayer money and the whole premise is misleading, misdirecting and plain old wrong, intentional or inadvertent or not!
Depotoo, I did not realize. Can you explain? In terms a low finance soul like me can understand? What $400 million deal for arms? You mean going back to IranContra?
The two issues are not related. Tough. It is Iranian money.

If you are implying me, you are sorely wrong.
And that truly is a strawman.
If the defenders of Trump on this Board are the general reflection of his supporters, he will not get 30% of the final vote.

If you are implying me, you are sorely wrong.
And that truly is a strawman.
Nope, it is a great reflection of you and your ilk's in adequacy in defending Trump. Trump does a terrible job himself and you guys are even worse.

when you keep money in trust, it is the actual money PLUS any interest it earns.

when you give your landlord a security deposit, the landlord must put that money in to an interest paying account and refund your security deposit plus interest earned, if no damage to the property was done....at least that is how it was in Massachusetts when we rented temporarily until we found a house to buy?

So according to Billy, the interest he gets on his accounts doesn't belong to him. Billy, do you just demand that the bank keep your interest money?

My funds have never been frozen because of enmity with the United States.

They were due no interest.

So according to Billy, the interest he gets on his accounts doesn't belong to him. Billy, do you just demand that the bank keep your interest money?

Where do you get the idea that funds, frozen or not, do not get interest. Cite the law, please.

Where do you get the idea that funds, frozen or not, do not get interest. Cite the law, please.

First, you cite the law that grants our enemies interest,

Don't have to. It is your assertion, you have to support it, and you can't. You pwnd yourself.

Don't have to. It is your assertion, you have to support it, and you can't. You pwnd yourself.

You must first prove a positive before I prove a negative. Now run along.

I don't ever have to disprove an assertion that you have first made without evidence.

That is your duty, and you failed.

Forum List

Back