How Is This NOT Intentional?

Obama works for his friends.

Now the U.S. is inadvertently paying for some of Iran's military expenditures as well.

It all starts with $1.7 billion the U.S. Treasury wired to Iran's Central Bank in January, during a delicate prisoner swap and the implementation of last summer's nuclear deal to resolve a long-standing dispute about Iran's arms purchases before the revolution of 1979.

For months it was unclear what Iran's government would do with this money. But last month the mystery was solved when Iran's Guardian Council approved the government's 2017 budget that instructed Iran's Central Bank to transfer the $1.7 billion to the military.

U.S. Taxpayers Are Funding Iran's Military Expansion
Billy, I take a tentative issue with Mr. Lake's contention. I thought that money is Iran's own money of $1.8 bil in American banks, frozen by us and now released to it's owner.

Money does not sit in limbo. Current American taxpayers are covering the payment. In any event, it should not have been released.
This is another of your unsupported and silly assertions.

Now the U.S. is inadvertently paying for some of Iran's military expenditures as well.

It all starts with $1.7 billion the U.S. Treasury wired to Iran's Central Bank in January, during a delicate prisoner swap and the implementation of last summer's nuclear deal to resolve a long-standing dispute about Iran's arms purchases before the revolution of 1979.

For months it was unclear what Iran's government would do with this money. But last month the mystery was solved when Iran's Guardian Council approved the government's 2017 budget that instructed Iran's Central Bank to transfer the $1.7 billion to the military.

Billy, I take a tentative issue with Mr. Lake's contention. I thought that money is Iran's own money of $1.8 bil in American banks, frozen by us and now released to it's owner.

Money does not sit in limbo. Current American taxpayers are covering the payment. In any event, it should not have been released.

So where did the money come from?

ObamaNotOnOurSide_zpsu1xecprb.jpg
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Lordy Lordy, billy! You're just tweaking your little heart out. Bottom line is...it is NOT taxpayer money and the whole premise is misleading, misdirecting and plain old wrong, intentional or inadvertent or not!

From wherever Iran got it before they deposited it in American banks! You are implying without a scintilla or soupcon of evidence that the Obama admin sent American taxpayer money to Iran, evidently without a Congressional sign-off or even a Congressional grumble. The fact that Iran had $1.8 bil frozen in our banks for years seems to have slipped under the Republican radar. If Jack Welch withdraws money from his Cayman account, it ain't Cayman Island money!

You can't show that it is coming from the taxpayers is the point. Try to skip all you want and you will still get pinned down every time. You are not good at this.

Lordy Lordy, billy! You're just tweaking your little heart out. Bottom line is...it is NOT taxpayer money and the whole premise is misleading, misdirecting and plain old wrong, intentional or inadvertent or not!

From wherever Iran got it before they deposited it in American banks!

So, you think they kept Iran's 1.8 in a shoebox in the bank all these years?

Wait a minute, billy. I'm lost. How does this work...a country places money in our bank, we use that money over time, then when they make a deal to get their money back, we call giving the funds that country deposited 'taxpayer' money because we spent their stash? Bernie Madoff would be proud!

Wait a minute, billy. I'm lost. How does this work...a country places money in our bank, we use that money over time, then when they make a deal to get their money back, we call giving the funds that country deposited 'taxpayer' money because we spent their stash? Bernie Madoff would be proud!

:laugh2:

:laugh2:
Yep, the joke is on you.

Do you realize why that money was withheld in a trust?
And actually $1.3 billion is taxpayer money. The deal for arms was a trust of only $400 million.

It was only $400 million, honey.
"Kerry said the claim was in the amount of a $400 million trust fund used by Iran to purchase military equipment from the United States prior to the break in diplomatic ties, plus $1.3 billion in interests...
...Kerry described Sunday's payment of the 35-year-old trust as a "fair settlement."

From yahoo

From wherever Iran got it before they deposited it in American banks! You are implying without a scintilla or soupcon of evidence that the Obama admin sent American taxpayer money to Iran, evidently without a Congressional sign-off or even a Congressional grumble. The fact that Iran had $1.8 bil frozen in our banks for years seems to have slipped under the Republican radar. If Jack Welch withdraws money from his Cayman account, it ain't Cayman Island money!

And actually $1.3 billion is taxpayer money. The deal for arms was a trust of only $400 million.

Depotoo, I did not realize. Can you explain? In terms a low finance soul like me can understand? What $400 million deal for arms? You mean going back to IranContra?

The money was Iran's, regardless of the reason it was frozen.

Billy says the interest on Iranian money is not Iranian interest.

Billy that kind of statement makes people chuckle at your nonsense.

The Shah's trust fund that was in US banks, plus the accrued interest over 36 years.

That is, all Iranian money.

See above. I was gonna let you all bark for awhile, but Depotoo gave you the cat. Under the circumstances, they were due no interest.

Regardless, the interest is American taxpayer funded.

U.S. to pay Iran $1.7 billion in legal settlement - CNNPolitics.com

No. Goes back to the time of Pahlavi. Carter had released $8 billion back to the Iranians, but not this $400 million.
Yet Iran has never paid a dime to US victims of their terror attacks as ordered to do so by US Courts of Law.

Depotoo, I did not realize. Can you explain? In terms a low finance soul like me can understand? What $400 million deal for arms? You mean going back to IranContra?

Forum List

Back