How Jesus became god'... from not being one. Bart Ehrman.

Startlingly, a lecture at the Atheist org.. Freedom From Religion Foundation/FFRF.. by one of thee most Renowned professor's of Religious Studies, Bart Ehrman.
One of the world's foremost experts on Christianity/NT.
Can't say he doesn't know his topic.
99% of the time he is invited to speak to religious groups.
But, as it turns out, he's an "Agnostic and an Atheist."
A good bit of the youtube on his 'new' book, 'How Jesus became God' [2014]
I've seen him several times on PBS'/other religious documentaries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_D._Ehrman

Bart D. Ehrman (1955) is an American New Testament scholar, currently the James A. Gray Distinguished Professor of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.​
According to the Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, he is one of North America's Leading scholars in his field, having written and edited 27 books, including three college textbooks.
He has also achieved acclaim at the popular level, authoring five New York Times bestsellers.​
Ehrman's work focuses on textual criticism of the New Testament, the historical Jesus, and the development of early Christianity.​
[.....]​

`

jesus was not god--plain and simple

If HE only rose from the dead, that would be proof enough. However, there is simply too many things attributed to Jesus for Him to be a mere mortal.

attributed = hahahahhaha
but, he never rose from the dead

Of course Jesus arose. The stories promoting a stolen body, that Jesus was merely in a comma, etc., etc., wouldn't arise as they wouldn't be needed. The sealed tomb would contain a rotting body, and the Apostles would have died ripe old ages without a peep ever said again...

As for the reasons for you being agnostic, that sounds like you aren't sure of creation science nor evolution. Most people have read about it to generally have formed an opinion. Usually, it is based on their faith of whether they believe in God/gods or not.
No, you have it backwards. It is evidence that makes me an atheist. Based on the available evidence, I have absolutely no doubt that the Earth is 4.5+ billion years old and that all life evolved from a common ancestor. I don't see any evidence of an intelligence behind what has taken place in those years, the evidence I do see points to natural processes. That is why I consider myself an atheist.

What I don't know is what existed BEFORE the Big Bang. Since there is no evidence for either an eternal or a created universe I can't rule out a creator so that makes me an agnostic. The only faith I have is faith in myself and my ability to reason and examine evidence.
I believe the earth is only as old as GOD created it and you imagine it has to be...
There is evidence that Earth is 4.5 billion years old. If God created the Earth 6,000 years ago, why did he make it appear it is so much older? Why did he make stars that we can see so far away that their light should take millions of years to reach us. Why not have them just blink into view as their 6,000 year old light reaches us. Why do we need galaxies that we can see only with modern telescopes?
Because according to the molecular structure of the minerals and rocks and gases GOD created to sustain life, as HE wished it to be, those rocks, minerals, gases, etc., had to be as they were designed when they were needed. There are of course angelic beings who can enjoy the universe wherever it exists. It is an arrogant scientist who insists that what we see should appear different if the universe was younger. Such are not taking into account the obvious necessity of a healthy environment for man and animals in which to exist comfortably. When an artist paints a picture of a tree, does he start with an acorn, or does he simply design a finished tree as he sees fit? Would anyone suggest that the said artist was being misleading? Would Adam and Eve have navels? Adam was created from the dust: however, he was indeed a designed prototype for the human race. Adam had no "mother", yet it doesn't seem unreasonable that he would have had a navel. And if the universe began as a material revelation of GOD to HIS created beings, would HE not design and create something that surpasses human reasoning ---awesome in fact.
Very unconvincing arguments. Can you explain why the "molecular structure of the minerals and rocks and gases GOD created to sustain life" had to look old or are you just exercising your circular logic and basically saying God did and it "surpasses human reasoning"? If if surpasses human reasoning how is it you can explain it?

That aside, can you explain why there are so many galaxies that were only visible to mankind since the invention of the telescope? What purpose do they serve?
The evolutionist believes the various molecular structures formed to become as they are over time. There is no way he or she can comprehend or accept that anything was designed in such a way to accommodate life. What purpose does a red sunset serve or a golden dawn? Why aren't flowers all the same color? The telescope is much like a pair of glasses which allows a colorblind individual to see that GOD's creation is far more complex than he could ever imagine. The reason I can somewhat explain it is because the scales have been lifted from my eyes and I can see my Savior. He healed the sick, made the blind to see, the lame to walk, the deaf to hear. He changed mere water to the best wine, He calmed storms, He told people about themselves, and He brought the dead back from the grave. PLUS there was an earthquake the day He gave up His spirit that rent the vale of the Holy of Holies in twain from top to bottom. Later, He arose again that I might be saved. However, to be saved, one must first see that he needs saving, and then that he wishes to be saved.
I have trouble believing in a Designer since there is little evidence of design. There is nothing in nature that can not be explained by evolution while some things, e.g., vestigial structures, contradict ID.

So where is He now? Who is healing the sick or lame using their supernatural powers?
I love how you think God is your servant and owes you something.
If God is my judge he indeed owes me something. Any judge should be expected to be fair, to obey the laws and ensure they were available to the judged, to pass judgement based on the individual and their unique situation.
You judge God poorly and expect Him to judge you fairly. Could you be more hypocritical?

When did God tell you He was going to judge you?

Science has explanations for how each evolved that requires no supernatural intervention. That is one reason I say that there is little evidence of design.
You mean other than space and time being created from nothing and the laws of nature predestining intelligence?

You judge God poorly and expect Him to judge you fairly. Could you be more hypocritical?

Hey, I'm only human. I'd expect God to be better, wouldn't you?

Gods Judgement

2 Corinthians 5:10 ESV / 273 helpful votes
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

1 Peter 4:17 ESV / 177 helpful votes
For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Revelation 20:11-15 ESV / 141 helpful votes
Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

John 3:18 ESV / 139 helpful votes
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Hebrews 9:27 ESV / 130 helpful votes
And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment,

Romans 14:12 ESV / 126 helpful votes
So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.

Romans 2:1-5 ESV / 123 helpful votes
Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things. We know that the judgment of God rightly falls on those who practice such things. Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God? Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance? But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed.

Matthew 12:36-37 ESV / 107 helpful votes
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

John 3:17 ESV / 101 helpful votes
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

John 3:16 ESV / 83 helpful votes
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

1 John 2:1-29 ESV / 79 helpful votes
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: ...

John 5:22 ESV / 69 helpful votes
The Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son,

Ezekiel 9:1-11 ESV / 67 helpful votes
Then he cried in my ears with a loud voice, saying, “Bring near the executioners of the city, each with his destroying weapon in his hand.” And behold, six men came from the direction of the upper gate, which faces north, each with his weapon for slaughter in his hand, and with them was a man clothed in linen, with a writing case at his waist. And they went in and stood beside the bronze altar. Now the glory of the God of Israel had gone up from the cherub on which it rested to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed in linen, who had the writing case at his waist. And the Lord said to him, “Pass through the city, through Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and groan over all the abominations that are committed in it.” And to the others he said in my hearing, “Pass through the city after him, and strike. Your eye shall not spare, and you shall show no pity. ...

Romans 6:23 ESV / 66 helpful votes
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 5:1-21 ESV / 66 helpful votes
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. ...

Acts 17:31 ESV / 66 helpful votes
Because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”

John 8:24 ESV / 65 helpful votes
I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

John 5:24 ESV / 65 helpful votes
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

Matthew 12:36 ESV / 64 helpful votes
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,

Matthew 7:1 ESV / 61 helpful votes
“Judge not, that you be not judged.

John 12:47-48 ESV / 56 helpful votes
If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

Psalm 32:1-11 ESV / 55 helpful votes
A Maskil of David. Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer. Selah I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah ...

1 Corinthians 4:5 ESV / 51 helpful votes
Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God.

James 4:4 ESV / 49 helpful votes
You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

Isaiah 53:1-12 ESV / 49 helpful votes
Who has believed what he has heard from us? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed? For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed. ...

Psalm 1:1-6 ESV / 49 helpful votes
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous; ...

Isaiah 26:9 ESV / 47 helpful votes
My soul yearns for you in the night; my spirit within me earnestly seeks you. For when your judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.

1 Corinthians 3:12-15 ESV / 46 helpful votes
Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw— each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

Romans 14:10-12 ESV / 46 helpful votes
Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.

Psalm 9:8 ESV / 45 helpful votes
And he judges the world with righteousness; he judges the peoples with uprightness.

Ecclesiastes 12:14 ESV / 43 helpful votes
For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil.

Romans 2:1 ESV / 42 helpful votes
Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things.

Romans 2:16 ESV / 41 helpful votes
On that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

Romans 2:12 ESV / 41 helpful votes
For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.

Mark 16:16 ESV / 40 helpful votes
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Jude 1:14-15 ESV / 39 helpful votes
It was also about these that Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of his holy ones, to execute judgment on all and to convict all the ungodly of all their deeds of ungodliness that they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things that ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”

James 5:12 ESV / 38 helpful votes
But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation.

Matthew 25:31-46 ESV / 38 helpful votes
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, ...

2 Timothy 4:8 ESV / 37 helpful votes
Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.

Revelation 20:1-15 ESV / 36 helpful votes
Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain. And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while. Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. ...

Hebrews 13:4 ESV / 35 helpful votes
Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

Romans 12:19 ESV / 35 helpful votes
Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

Luke 6:37 ESV / 35 helpful votes
“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

Revelation 22:12 ESV / 34 helpful votes
“Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay everyone for what he has done.

Romans 14:10 ESV / 34 helpful votes
Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God;

1 Peter 4:5 ESV / 31 helpful votes
But they will give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.

Matthew 7:3 ESV / 31 helpful votes
Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

Isaiah 13:11 ESV / 31 helpful votes
I will punish the world for its evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; I will put an end to the pomp of the arrogant, and lay low the pompous pride of the ruthless.

Revelation 20:12 ESV / 30 helpful votes
And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.

Jude 1:6 ESV / 30 helpful votes
And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day—

Romans 2:5-6 ESV / 30 helpful votes
But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed. He will render to each one according to his works:

Matthew 3:12 ESV / 30 helpful votes
His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor and gather his wheat into the barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire.”

Genesis 18:16-33 ESV / 30 helpful votes
Then the men set out from there, and they looked down toward Sodom. And Abraham went with them to set them on their way. The Lord said, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do, seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? For I have chosen him, that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring to Abraham what he has promised him.” Then the Lord said, “Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great and their sin is very grave, ...

John 7:24 ESV / 29 helpful votes
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

Revelation 20:4 ESV / 28 helpful votes
Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Revelation 20:2 ESV / 28 helpful votes
And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,

Hebrews 10:26-31 ESV / 28 helpful votes
For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses. How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has spurned the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.” ...

Romans 9:14 ESV / 28 helpful votes
What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means!

James 3:1 ESV / 27 helpful votes
Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.

Romans 14:3 ESV / 27 helpful votes
Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him.

Romans 8:1 ESV / 27 helpful votes
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

John 5:27-29 ESV / 27 helpful votes
And he has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man. Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

Luke 12:47-48 ESV / 27 helpful votes
And that servant who knew his master's will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating. But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.

Matthew 7:1-5 ESV / 27 helpful votes
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Revelation 11:18 ESV / 26 helpful votes
The nations raged, but your wrath came, and the time for the dead to be judged, and for rewarding your servants, the prophets and saints, and those who fear your name, both small and great, and for destroying the destroyers of the earth.”

1 Corinthians 9:27 ESV / 26 helpful votes
But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

Ecclesiastes 8:11-13 ESV / 26 helpful votes
Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed speedily, the heart of the children of man is fully set to do evil. Though a sinner does evil a hundred times and prolongs his life, yet I know that it will be well with those who fear God, because they fear before him. But it will not be well with the wicked, neither will he prolong his days like a shadow, because he does not fear before God.

Startlingly, a lecture at the Atheist org.. Freedom From Religion Foundation/FFRF.. by one of thee most Renowned professor's of Religious Studies, Bart Ehrman.

Bart D. Ehrman (1955) is an American New Testament scholar, currently the James A. Gray Distinguished Professor of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.​
According to the Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, he is one of North America's Leading scholars in his field, having written and edited 27 books, including three college textbooks.
He has also achieved acclaim at the popular level, authoring five New York Times bestsellers.​
Ehrman's work focuses on textual criticism of the New Testament, the historical Jesus, and the development of early Christianity.​
[.....]​

`

jesus was not god--plain and simple

If HE only rose from the dead, that would be proof enough. However, there is simply too many things attributed to Jesus for Him to be a mere mortal.

attributed = hahahahhaha
but, he never rose from the dead

Of course Jesus arose. The stories promoting a stolen body, that Jesus was merely in a comma, etc., etc., wouldn't arise as they wouldn't be needed. The sealed tomb would contain a rotting body, and the Apostles would have died ripe old ages without a peep ever said again...

1. now, you and I KNOW you can't prove that
2. human bodies can't rise from the dead--fact

Gods Judgement

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things. We know that the judgment of God rightly falls on those who practice such things. Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God? Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance? But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed.

I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: ...

Then he cried in my ears with a loud voice, saying, “Bring near the executioners of the city, each with his destroying weapon in his hand.” And behold, six men came from the direction of the upper gate, which faces north, each with his weapon for slaughter in his hand, and with them was a man clothed in linen, with a writing case at his waist. And they went in and stood beside the bronze altar. Now the glory of the God of Israel had gone up from the cherub on which it rested to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed in linen, who had the writing case at his waist. And the Lord said to him, “Pass through the city, through Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and groan over all the abominations that are committed in it.” And to the others he said in my hearing, “Pass through the city after him, and strike. Your eye shall not spare, and you shall show no pity. ...

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. ...

Because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”

I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,

If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

A Maskil of David. Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer. Selah I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah ...

Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God.

You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

Who has believed what he has heard from us? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed? For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed. ...

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous; ...

My soul yearns for you in the night; my spirit within me earnestly seeks you. For when your judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.

Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw— each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.

And he judges the world with righteousness; he judges the peoples with uprightness.

For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil.

Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things.

On that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

It was also about these that Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of his holy ones, to execute judgment on all and to convict all the ungodly of all their deeds of ungodliness that they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things that ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”

But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation.

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, ...

Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.

Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain. And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while. Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. ...

Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

“Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay everyone for what he has done.

Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God;

But they will give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.

Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

I will punish the world for its evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; I will put an end to the pomp of the arrogant, and lay low the pompous pride of the ruthless.

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done.

And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day—

But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous judgment will be revealed. He will render to each one according to his works:

His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor and gather his wheat into the barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire.”

Then the men set out from there, and they looked down toward Sodom. And Abraham went with them to set them on their way. The Lord said, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do, seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? For I have chosen him, that he may command his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, so that the Lord may bring to Abraham what he has promised him.” Then the Lord said, “Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great and their sin is very grave, ...

Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,

For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses. How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has spurned the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.” ...

Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.

Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him.

And he has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of Man. Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

And that servant who knew his master's will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating. But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

The nations raged, but your wrath came, and the time for the dead to be judged, and for rewarding your servants, the prophets and saints, and those who fear your name, both small and great, and for destroying the destroyers of the earth.”

But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed speedily, the heart of the children of man is fully set to do evil. Though a sinner does evil a hundred times and prolongs his life, yet I know that it will be well with those who fear God, because they fear before him. But it will not be well with the wicked, neither will he prolong his days like a shadow, because he does not fear before God.
God will be better than you. Trust me.

I love how you have constructed a narrative of something you don't believe in. What could possibly go wrong with that. :lol:

I am still not seeing where God told you He will judge you. Was that in a phone call with Him?

Science has explanations for how each evolved that requires no supernatural intervention. That is one reason I say that there is little evidence of design.
You mean other than space and time being created from nothing and the laws of nature predestining intelligence?
Sorry but I don't know what existed before the BB and I don't believe there are such laws of nature predestining intelligence.

Sorry but I don't know what existed before the BB and I don't believe there are such laws of nature predestining intelligence.
That's because you are intentionally ignorant. The universe is an intelligence creating machine.

I love how you have constructed a narrative of something you don't believe in. What could possibly go wrong with that. :lol:

I am still not seeing where God told you He will judge you. Was that in a phone call with Him?
Why should I trust you? Has God phoned you?

[.....]​

`

Who propagates "freedom from religion" is an enemy of the western value "freedom of religion". A mystery to me how atheists could be able to justify their own belief in atheism with the slogan "freedom from religion".

Actually, you need freedom of religion in order to get freedom of religion.

Makes no sense. Looks to me you liked to say to me I need freedom from religion to get freedom of religion - what makes also not a big sense to me.

The colonists were fighting for their rights as British subjects.

I am a German.

Their recent history was the absolute horrific imposition of a state religion and, specifically, under Bloody Mary and Elizabeth.

Interesting - and confused - part of the history of the British empire. Specially Mary Stuart is a fascinating person. But this history was about 200 years before the USA was founded.

The Danbury Baptists were being persecuted in the moment.

Who? ... This seems to have to do something with Thomas Jefferson. ...

There are people that post that swear up and down the Catholic church is Satan.

The main reason for some uneducated people to say so is the cross from the Pope which stands the "wrong" way round in their eyes.

If the state religion was Catholicism and you are a Protestant

I am a Catholic.

then you might have aslight problem especially if you are persecuted for your religion.

I am on a death list of some Nazis because of my Jewish biology. Perhaps I'm blond eyed and blue haired in their mind.

Three on a corner and all.

Eh? ¿Three on a corner and all?

Last edited:

I'm not the one stating as fact that God will judge you, now am I?

So again... how do you know that God will judge you?

That's because you are intentionally ignorant. The universe is an intelligence creating machine.
It's not intentional. On the trillions of planets in the universe we know of exactly one with intelligence and that took billions of years to create. If the universe is an intelligence creating machine it is a very inefficient one.

Christianity could not be any simpler.

There is a great, great Chasm between the Righteous of the LORD GOD and humans.

The LORD intervened in the affairs of mankind to create a Righteous Pathway to HIM.

HE sent his SON, JESUS, to redeem mankind.

JESUS would take the Sins of the World upon Himself.

An individual enters into a Blood Covenant with JESUS, becoming one entity(body of CHRIST), so one's sins are now owed by JESUS, thereby making HIS sacrifice at Calgary a legal payment of your sins.

And the great Chasm between a man or woman and the LORD GOD is entirely gone.

watevah floats your boat

Everything I know about God is admittedly hearsay. Can you say anything different?

It's not intentional. On the trillions of planets in the universe we know of exactly one with intelligence and that took billions of years to create. If the universe is an intelligence creating machine it is a very inefficient one.
Sure it is. Intelligence is written into the laws of nature. This is what it takes to create intelligence. You are criticizing how intelligence is created. That doesn’t take away from the fact that the laws of nature strive to produce intelligence. Everything which exists exists through the laws of nature. If it is possible for it to exist through the laws of nature it eventually will.

Gods Judgement

Do you really expect this excerpt of the bible reads someone? Did you ever try to read Romeo and Julite by studying all quotes from Shakespeare? And the books of the bible were written from hundreds or thousands of authors and co-authors from a wide area over long centuries.

Everything I know about God is admittedly hearsay. Can you say anything different?
Yes. I can. Through reason and experience.

Now... getting back to God judging you, assuming you were to believe God exists, would you expect God to judge you?

Sure it is. Intelligence is written into the laws of nature.

How?

This is what it takes to create intelligence. You are criticizing how intelligence is created. That doesn’t take away from the fact that the laws of nature strive to produce intelligence. Everything which exists exists through the laws of nature. If it is possible for it to exist through the laws of nature it eventually will.

But once was nothing, what we are able to call nature. "Then" appeared space-time, energy and information and the universe started to expand.

Sure it is. Intelligence is written into the laws of nature.

How?

This is what it takes to create intelligence. You are criticizing how intelligence is created. That doesn’t take away from the fact that the laws of nature strive to produce intelligence. Everything which exists exists through the laws of nature. If it is possible for it to exist through the laws of nature it eventually will.

But once was nothing, what we are able to call nature. "Then" appeared space-time, energy and information and the universe started to expand.
Through everything about the laws of nature which existed before space and time. That’s how. Every little detail. So before space and time existed the laws of nature existed such that everything that was possible to exist by the laws of nature existed in potential before space and time.

Forum List

Back