How long did it take Joseph Smith to translate the Book of Mormon?

They are one in will and purpose as the Godhead. The Godhead is one God made up of three separate and distinct personages. The Godhead, as a group, is considered one God. Also each of the members of the Godhead are considered to be one God since they are one in will and purpose. Yet they are not one being but are three separate and distinct individual beings.
So you believe in the Trinity?

We don't use the word, "Trinity" to describe God but our first Article of Faith says:

1 We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
You may wish to research your religion , but I believe that Mormon leadership believe that God the Father and the Son are separate gods. They also play with the rumor that Jesus and Satan are somehow brothers! And there is the troubling Mormon notion that the Creator formed everything from preexisting matter (kind of like a chemist). As a Christian I believe the entire Bible and I believe GOD created EVERYTHING both visible and invisible in 6 days (evening and morning).

We believe that God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are separate and distinct beings. In this way they are separate. But we also believe that they form a quorum or group known as the godhead and have the same will and purpose. In this way they are one God. We do not believe that the three of them are the same being. But we do believe that they work together in perfect unison as the one true God.

We believe that all those who have a spirit of mankind on this earth or who belong to God's vast kingdom, are his children. We believe that Lucifer was a son of the morning and was once accepted by God until he rebelled and fell from heaven.

Isaiah 14:12-17
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Obviously Lucifer was a member of heaven and he is mankind. Yet he fell from heaven.

Revelation 12:7-11

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angelsfought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Satan rebelled against God and sought to destroy the agency of man which God had given to man. He attempted usurp God's power and to turn many away from God and for this reason he was cast out of heaven. His name was changed from Lucifer to Satan. The name Lucifer means the Shining One; also Lightbringer or Son of the Morning. This was the type of being he was before he rebelled against our Father in Heaven.

Jesus was the Firstborn of all the spirit children of God. All mankind are the spiritual offspring of God. However, God has allowed us to have free will and because of this Lucifer and those whom he got to follow after him were cast out of heaven.

Regarding Jesus:

Romans 8:29
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Hebrews 12:23
23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Regarding our Father in Heaven:

Hebrews 12:9
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Acts 17:28-29
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

Show me in the Bible where it states that the word creation means to create out of nothing. Surely you have heard that man was created from the dust of the earth, haven't you? Is it not true that God put the spirit of man into the body which was created from the dust of the earth. Where does it ever state in the Bible that God ever created anything out of nothing. I can save you the time and tell you that it never states in the Bible that God creates out of nothing.
Is God the One True God or are there other Gods?
We made man in our own image=plurality. Yahwey was the head of the project. We are to worship him and him only.Since the sacrifice we are to worship him in the name of Yeshua. "No man gets to the father but by the son". Later he states :Rev 22:9 But he said, "No, don't worship me. I am a servant of God, just like you and your brothers the prophets, as well as all who obey what is written in this book. Worship only God!"

So you believe in the Trinity?

We don't use the word, "Trinity" to describe God but our first Article of Faith says:

1 We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
You may wish to research your religion , but I believe that Mormon leadership believe that God the Father and the Son are separate gods. They also play with the rumor that Jesus and Satan are somehow brothers! And there is the troubling Mormon notion that the Creator formed everything from preexisting matter (kind of like a chemist). As a Christian I believe the entire Bible and I believe GOD created EVERYTHING both visible and invisible in 6 days (evening and morning).

We believe that God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are separate and distinct beings. In this way they are separate. But we also believe that they form a quorum or group known as the godhead and have the same will and purpose. In this way they are one God. We do not believe that the three of them are the same being. But we do believe that they work together in perfect unison as the one true God.

We believe that all those who have a spirit of mankind on this earth or who belong to God's vast kingdom, are his children. We believe that Lucifer was a son of the morning and was once accepted by God until he rebelled and fell from heaven.

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Obviously Lucifer was a member of heaven and he is mankind. Yet he fell from heaven.

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angelsfought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Satan rebelled against God and sought to destroy the agency of man which God had given to man. He attempted usurp God's power and to turn many away from God and for this reason he was cast out of heaven. His name was changed from Lucifer to Satan. The name Lucifer means the Shining One; also Lightbringer or Son of the Morning. This was the type of being he was before he rebelled against our Father in Heaven.

Jesus was the Firstborn of all the spirit children of God. All mankind are the spiritual offspring of God. However, God has allowed us to have free will and because of this Lucifer and those whom he got to follow after him were cast out of heaven.

Regarding Jesus:

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

Show me in the Bible where it states that the word creation means to create out of nothing. Surely you have heard that man was created from the dust of the earth, haven't you? Is it not true that God put the spirit of man into the body which was created from the dust of the earth. Where does it ever state in the Bible that God ever created anything out of nothing. I can save you the time and tell you that it never states in the Bible that God creates out of nothing.
We made man in our own image=plurality. Yahwey was the head of the project. We are to worship him and him only.Since the sacrifice we are to worship him in the name of Yeshua. "No man gets to the father but by the son". Later he states :Rev 22:9 But he said, "No, don't worship me. I am a servant of God, just like you and your brothers the prophets, as well as all who obey what is written in this book. Worship only God!"
You missed verse 8 where it says he was an angel that John was about to worship. Jesus is worshipped.

Regarding Jesus:

You missed verse 8 where it says he was an angel that John was about to worship. Jesus is worshipped.
So you worship Jesus in the same manner as you worship the Father?
I worship the God Jesus worshipped

Regarding Jesus:

Yes, Jesus is to be worshipped just like the Father. He is risen and returned to the glory He had before he came to earth. That's where many people are confused. When he was a man, he was limited. Now he has returned to his position. The epistles explain this very well.

Regarding Jesus:

Yes, Jesus is to be worshipped just like the Father. He is risen and returned to the glory He had before he came to earth. That's where many people are confused. When he was a man, he was limited. Now he has returned to his position. The epistles explain this very well.
Well like Jesus said I return to my God and your God. I'll take Jesus at His word. And I'll certainly take it over what you say

Well like Jesus said I return to my God and your God. I'll take Jesus at His word. And I'll certainly take it over what you say
Yes, I understand what He said. He also said "My Father and I are One". He also said "I Am" a number of times. That's the key to understanding Scripture, you have to look at the whole complete picture, not just the parts your denomination or religion wants to look at.

Yes, I understand what He said. He also said "My Father and I are One". He also said "I Am" a number of times. That's the key to understanding Scripture, you have to look at the whole complete picture, not just the parts your denomination or religion wants to look.
Well the Bible certainly gives a different interpretation of One than you do
Maybe ya otta use the Bible to interpret the Bible sometime.
Youll find out in a hurry how screwed up your doctrine of the Trinity is.

Yes, I understand what He said. He also said "My Father and I are One". He also said "I Am" a number of times. That's the key to understanding Scripture, you have to look at the whole complete picture, not just the parts your denomination or religion wants to look.
Really? Who is that in Revelation chapter one? Is that the Father or Jesus being called the Almighty and the First and the Last?

Really? Who is that in Revelation chapter one? Is that the Father or Jesus being called the Almighty and the First and the Last?
Jesus is the Almighty
He's still not the Father.
And He Himself still worships the Father.
So let me get this straight. You believe that one aspect of the Godhead has a body of Flesh and bones and the other 2 aspects are spirits. Correct?

Jesus is the Almighty
So let me get this straight. You believe that one aspect of the Godhead has a body of Flesh and bones and the other 2 aspects are spirits. Correct?
Jesus has a glorified body just like we will have. Jesus said God is a Spirit, so yes, the Father is a Spirit. I never said Jesus is the Father. Jesus AND the Father AND the Holy Spirit are Almighty God.

Jesus is the Almighty
Jesus has a glorified body just like we will have. Jesus said God is a Spirit, so yes, the Father is a Spirit. I never said Jesus is the Father. Jesus AND the Father AND the Holy Spirit are Almighty God.
...so as the verse continues, I take it your spirit leaves your body so you can worship Him in spirit.
obviously Jesus put a qualifier in there so people with absurd literal-ism wouldn't base the physical appearance of God based on one line.

Jesus is the Almighty
...so as the verse continues, I take it your spirit leaves your body so you can worship Him in spirit.
obviously Jesus put a qualifier in there so people with absurd literal-ism wouldn't base the physical appearance of God based on one line.
No. My spirit stays in my body as I worship God. I was filled with God's Spirit and spoke in tongues. I worship in tongues out of my spirit.

Jesus is the Almighty
No. My spirit stays in my body as I worship God. I was filled with God's Spirit and spoke in tongues. I worship in tongues out of my spirit.
so you spoke in tongues.
So you believe Jesus is the Father, is the Son, and is the Holy Ghost

Jesus is the Almighty
so you spoke in tongues.
So you believe Jesus is the Father, is the Son, and is the Holy Ghost
I think we're done here. Bye.

Forum List

Back