How many deaths are necessary before something should be banned?

My ruger isn't an assault rifle because it doesn't have a 20 round mag. I can only load 4 bullets at a time. 3 in the mag and one live round. That's a hunting rifle. Why do you need 20 rounds?
The answer to this question should be obvious based on the context of the conversation. So answer for me why?
I'm just saying if we have turned into a country full of nuts, maybe the 2nd amendment needs to be amended.
The country isn't full of nuts. That MSM and Political propaganda. I've never been shot, threatened with a gun, or anyone ever pull out a gun in my presence in a threatening way. However, the left would like you to be believe so. So which narrative do you believe, propaganda or statistical facts?

He also fails to realize how piss poor of a shot most Americans are.

I went to a gun range recently, with my kids, and was amazed at how poorly the average person shoots! My family and I were constantly being approached for help by the other patrons. They did not know how to operate their weapons or hit the broad side of a barn.
And this is why I do advocate for training for those that want to own firearms responsibly. There are idiots out there, I think every gun owner in America can agree to that point. There is a lot to think about when it comes to either mandatory training or involuntary training. Perhaps involuntary training could allow for the owner for better protection legally, or greater penalties if they break laws that were outlined in training.

I thought CCW training was great. Not only did it focus on the how, but more importantly the legal ramification of carrying and if the situation arises that protection is needed. If anything, I think owners should understand and be educated on the legal ramifications and laws, both state and federal. And maybe that type of training can be instituted and if gun ownership is a right, that training can be a tax deduction or costs paid through some other means.

Oh bullshit. A shot gun holds six rounds before reloading and kicks like a mule.
You've never been kicked by a mule then have you.
You really don't know much about firearms. You're view of a shotgun is 140 years old. Today, you can get semi auto shotguns that have limited kick and higher capacity than your spaghetti western mentality.

An assault weapon holds 30 or more, reloads fast and has almost no kick… meaning it fires pretty accurately with the twitch of a finger
Anything can be an assault weapon. I see plenty of idiots driving 2 ton vehicles while aimlessly entranced by their phones every day, yet, our gov't and tech giants do little to stop those higher risk encounters. Phone laws are in place, but I don't see them enforced.
Per NHTSA over 3000 distracted driving deaths in 2021. But let's not focus on those deaths, shall we, let's let Americans think that an inanimate object is the greatest risk to everyone's lives today.

That depends on how your shoulders are built, length of arms, length of stock.
True story, first time I fired a shotgun I was told how to hold but, but didn't pull it into the shoulder with any pressure. My shoulder hurt for a few days after that.

Another idiot speaks.

Empty a magazine from an AR and then fire six rounds from a shotgun. Fire both as fast as you can and count the hits.

The AR with almost no kick is going have way more hits than the shotgun.

Now reload. That shotgun is going to take a LOT longer loading one shell at a time than hitting a button to drop the mag in the AR and slamming another 30 round (or more) mag on place.

Stop pretending to be stupid
There are a number of shotguns fed by removable magazines. Here are a few of the best:
ImageProductPrice
Remington 870 DM Tactical
Remington 870 DM TacticalCHECK PRICE
Kalashnikov USA™ KS-12T
Kalashnikov USA™ KS-12TCHECK PRICESEE OTHER DEALS
SRM Arms 1216 Semi-Automatic Revolving Shotgun
SRM Arms 1216 Semi-Automatic Revolving ShotgunCHECK PRICESEE OTHER DEALS
Panzer Arms AR-12
Panzer Arms AR-12CHECK PRICESEE OTHER DEALS
Molot Oruzhie Ltd. Vepr-12
Molot Oruzhie Ltd. Vepr-12CHECK PRICE
Mossberg 590M Pump-Action Shockwave
Mossberg 590M Pump-Action ShockwaveCHECK PRICESEE OTHER DEALS
Panzer Arms BP-12 Gen 2 Bullpup Shotgun
Panzer Arms BP-12 Gen 2 Bullpup ShotgunCHECK PRICESEE OTHER DEALS
Mossberg 590M Magazine-Fed Pump-Action Shotgun
Mossberg 590M Magazine-Fed Pump-Action ShotgunCHECK PRICESEE OTHER DEALS
MKA 1919 Match Pro 12-Gauge Semi-Automatic Shotgun
MKA 1919 Match Pro 12-Gauge Semi-Automatic ShotgunCHECK PRICESEE OTHER DEALS
Rock Island Armory VR 80

Rock Island Armory VR 80
CHECK PRICESEE OTHER DEALS
IWI Tavor TS12 12-Gauge Semi-Automatic Bullpup Shotgun
IWI Tavor TS12 Semi-Automatic Bullpup ShotgunCHECK PRICESEE OTHER DEALS
Standard MFG DP-12 Bullpup 12-Gauge Pump-Action Double-Barreled Shotgun
Standard MFG DP-12 Bullpup 12-Gauge Pump-Action Double-Barreled Shotgun
All can be reloaded just as fast as an AR-15 and far more lethal.

True story, first time I fired a shotgun I was told how to hold but, but didn't pull it into the shoulder with any pressure. My shoulder hurt for a few days after that.
I would have to shorten the stock drastically for any shotgun to fit in the soft part of my shoulder. It always sits on the shoulder bone, and that hurts like hell. Even then I would add a recoil pad.

What horse shit. Aim is always affected by recoil.

And I remind you that I’m the case of Gabby Giffords the shooter was ONLY overcome because he was reloading and that makes the shooter vulnerable.

The longer it takes to reload, the longer that shooter is vulnerable
Aim is NOT affected by recoil unless you are an idiot who is pulling the trigger as fast as you can. Even with an AR-15, you have to reacquire your sight alignment after a shot and the AR-15 has a very minor recoil.

Sensitivity to recoil can cause a flinch, which can affect accuracy. I only (used to) think about when shooting targets. When I shoot a deer I never think about it, or even feel it. In Army 'train fire' you shoot so much that you get used to it. I shot "Expert" twice with the M14, and recoil didn't bother me at all.
I ran the pistol range for my unit's officers in the Army because I had shot match in my reserve unit. EVERY single officer was flinching from the recoil of the M-1911A1s we used in those days. The all complained that the pistols were inaccurate. I told them to give me the pistol they thought was the worst and put seven rounds in the head of a target at 10 meters in rapid fire. I then told them what they were doing wrong and played the game where I'd load the pistol with either an empty mag or a loaded one until they stopped flinching as they pulled the trigger. After that they could all match my score, but they shot at center of mass rather than the showy head shots I used as a demonstration. Recoil isn't an obstacle to accurate shooting unless you are either poorly trained or trying to shoot something like a M-2 fifty caliber machine gun offhand which I don't recommend.

And this is why I do advocate for training for those that want to own firearms responsibly. There are idiots out there, I think every gun owner in America can agree to that point. There is a lot to think about when it comes to either mandatory training or involuntary training. Perhaps involuntary training could allow for the owner for better protection legally, or greater penalties if they break laws that were outlined in training.

I thought CCW training was great. Not only did it focus on the how, but more importantly the legal ramification of carrying and if the situation arises that protection is needed. If anything, I think owners should understand and be educated on the legal ramifications and laws, both state and federal. And maybe that type of training can be instituted and if gun ownership is a right, that training can be a tax deduction or costs paid through some other means.
Training that you propose generally sucks! There is no one shooting back! You have to develop a mindset of no fear to get the job done. I volunteered training special ops troops in urban combat. They are trained to shoot back while being shot at! Some of them are outstanding shots, hitting me in the left hand with their first shot so my weapon is very difficult to shoot accurately. Of course, that is usually followed by several shots center mass and a head shot, especially if I am exposed, which I try not to happen.

Aim is NOT affected by recoil unless you are an idiot who is pulling the trigger as fast as you can. Even with an AR-15, you have to reacquire your sight alignment after a shot and the AR-15 has a very minor recoil.
In a “target rich environment” like a mall or a school the recoil on an AR is so slight it would hardly matter. Pray and spray.

Do that with a shotgun and you are all over the place. Ceilings floor walls. And you’re empty after six shots at best.

Reloading takes time so you’re vulnerable that whole time

With an AR you can put those shots pretty much where you want them because there is so little recoil. Not to mention how many more shots you have or how quickly you can reload

In a “target rich environment” like a mall or a school the recoil on an AR is so slight it would hardly matter. Pray and spray.

Do that with a shotgun and you are all over the place. Ceilings floor walls. And you’re empty after six shots at best.

Reloading takes time so you’re vulnerable that whole time

With an AR you can put those shots pretty much where you want them because there is so little recoil. Not to mention how many more shots you have or how quickly you can reload
So you are ignoring all the magazine fed shotguns I posted. Why am I not surprised. You always ignore FACTS that don't agree with your OPINIONS.
Plus I have fired pump shotguns rapid fire as fast as I could pump the action, I had zero problems with accuracy. There is plenty of time to get your sights back on target while you pump the action.

So you are ignoring all the magazine fed shotguns I posted. Why am I not surprised. You always ignore FACTS that don't agree with your OPINIONS.
How many of those weapons are in circulation?

How many hold more than 6 rounds ?

How many of those weapons are in circulation?

How many hold more than 6 rounds ?
A lot and many. Of the twelve listed nine have STANDARD magazines holding more than six rounds and the other three have extended magazines available.

Rittenhouse wanted to be Batman. Vigilanti.
How many black people did Rittenhouse shoot?
You guys say if the constitution doesn’t mention something specifically, it can’t be unconstitutional. Arms doesn’t mean you can have a pew pew gun. Too deadly
You are SO good and finding new and unusual ways to be wrong
"All bearable arms".
Your opinion doesn't matter.
If society keeps getting more fucked up, we may need more regulations. More amendments.
Until that happens:
My right to own and use an AR15 is protected by the constitution, , and there's not thing one you can do about it.

Empty a magazine from an AR and then fire six rounds from a shotgun. Fire both as fast as you can and count the hits.

The AR with almost no kick is going have way more hits than the shotgun.

Now reload. That shotgun is going to take a LOT longer loading one shell at a time than hitting a button to drop the mag in the AR and slamming another 30 round (or more) mag on place.
Another idiot speaks.

Still waiting for your demonstration that the same shooter could not have killed the same number of people, using a pump action shotgun.

Last edited:
What horse shit. Aim is always affected by recoil.
Another idiot speaks.
Follow-up shots are affected by recoil,.
Unless, like you, someone is afraid if recoil.
And I remind you that I’m the case of Gabby Giffords the shooter was ONLY overcome because he was reloading....
.... and he dropped the mag.
What does this prove to you?

Still waiting for your demonstration that the same shooter could not have killed the same number of people, using a pump action shotgun.

Last edited:
So your contention is that a 12 ga shotgun has the same lock as an AR?
Really?
Another idiot speaks.
Any different in the lock between an AR15 and any modern 12 gauge is measured in thousandths of a second.

Last edited:
Can she fire 6 shots rapidly and accurately?
Another idiot speaks.
Most adults can.
I’m calling bullshit on that
Because you don't have any idea what you;re talking about.

Last edited:
Another idiot speaks.
Follow-up shots are affected by recoil,.
Unless, like you, someone is afraid if recoil.

.... and he dropped the mag.
What does this prove to you?

He only dropped the mag because he screwed up....he shot a guy in the head, and thought he was dead. He walked in front of the guy he thought was dead, who then stood up and hit him in the back with a chair......

Changing the magazine would not have slowed the killer down at the Giffords shooting.......

Forum List

Back