How many Deaths from COVID19 do you Think We Will Have by the End of this year?

We have had 33000 deaths in just the past two weeks, 57000 or so in the past month....

What do you think the number will be of the deaths from this virus by the end of the year, based on what you know now of how the States are handling their reopenings, and how some states are not affected by it, while other states are swarming with it, and medical discoveries?

My guess is 100k by the end of July and another 100k by the end of the year, so probably about 200k in total by the end of the year....even if a vaccine is available by the end of the year and if there are drugs created that helps recovery time.

It could be higher... I dunno?
I'd go with the Vegas odds, but they have shut down due to the virus.

We have had 33000 deaths in just the past two weeks, 57000 or so in the past month....

What do you think the number will be of the deaths from this virus by the end of the year, based on what you know now of how the States are handling their reopenings, and how some states are not affected by it, while other states are swarming with it, and medical discoveries?

My guess is 100k by the end of July and another 100k by the end of the year, so probably about 200k in total by the end of the year....even if a vaccine is available by the end of the year and if there are drugs created that helps recovery time.

As of yesterday morning.

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocate correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Deaths per 1000: Less than 2.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?
Do you actually believe that if you opened the economy right now, things would be hunky dory, and things would go back to normal with booming sales? People are just going to go out and spend like crazy, and attend theaters and stadiums and restaurants like nothing ever happened?

It'll be quite a while before people will feel safe, and feel safe that their mom or dad or grandmom or grand dad, or sister with Asthma, or husband fighting cancer, etc., won't be killed by it

This great depression is with us for at least 5 years to recover from this pandemic and economic catastrophe.... maybe less, if a vaccine is working, and our gvt could actually pull off getting enough vaccines and chemicals, test tubes, shot casings and needles to actually administer it, unlike their total FAILURE on the virus test kits from the get go, let alone get people to accept and take the vaccination to protect the nation....

And the rest of the world would have to recover from it too, that we trade and sell our goods and agriculture to....

This is going to be a slower recovery than I believe you think.....

If we could give the public, a better assurance that the virus isn't just out there spreading like wildfire, it could bring consumer confidence up a little... but that would take great efforts of testing and contact tracing and isolating only those that were sick, and identifying new hot spots etc.....

And I have little confidence, that the Trump administration with the states, can accomplish such... though I have hope of such....

There are 60 million adults, that are at risk....the elderly and those younger with medical conditions.... let alone the ones that just get it and die with no pre existing or at risk, conditions.

the economy ain't coming back with any kind of roar, with all those big spenders in the 60 million adults at risk group, feeling the need to shelter, because no one is doing anything to curb the virus and identify where it is at and what areas it is moving through.....
Let's open up and see what happens. Cannot hide from it. So even if 60mil hide, 270mil would be out and about. I am OK with that and I doubt 60mil would hide when the death rate at worst will be less than 5 per 1000. Media lies. Math does not.
Why not DO BOTH? Trace it, by testing, and isolating those with it, rinse and repeat....... and open the economy in the safest way possible, as per the CDC guidelines?
Because like the common cold, this will keep coming back. Key is to strengthen the immune system not hide from it. Reason doctors want babies and toddlers to get ill and such is to build up their immune systems. It doesn't stop with adulthood. Cure cannot be worse than the disease and now it seems like it is. Why are we making 900+ suffer for the benefit of at max 5...this is per 1000.
There is no evidence thus far that there is any immunity among those who have had the virus.

As of yesterday morning.

Deaths: 61,200 - of which, btw 29% is in NY (I believe those numbers include the Flu deaths and NY didn't allocate correctly as they are such an outlier but let's assume 61,200 is accurate).

Population: 330mil. Probably more due to the non documented but we will go with that #.

Let's say I assume 2.5x the deaths or 154,250. That number moves to less than 5 deaths per 1000 persons. We all agree it is a war and in war unfortunately you sacrifice the few to save the many. Why are we sacrificing 900+ people to save 2 or at worst 5?
Do you actually believe that if you opened the economy right now, things would be hunky dory, and things would go back to normal with booming sales? People are just going to go out and spend like crazy, and attend theaters and stadiums and restaurants like nothing ever happened?

It'll be quite a while before people will feel safe, and feel safe that their mom or dad or grandmom or grand dad, or sister with Asthma, or husband fighting cancer, etc., won't be killed by it

This great depression is with us for at least 5 years to recover from this pandemic and economic catastrophe.... maybe less, if a vaccine is working, and our gvt could actually pull off getting enough vaccines and chemicals, test tubes, shot casings and needles to actually administer it, unlike their total FAILURE on the virus test kits from the get go, let alone get people to accept and take the vaccination to protect the nation....

And the rest of the world would have to recover from it too, that we trade and sell our goods and agriculture to....

If we could give the public, a better assurance that the virus isn't just out there spreading like wildfire, it could bring consumer confidence up a little... but that would take great efforts of testing and contact tracing and isolating only those that were sick, and identifying new hot spots etc.....

And I have little confidence, that the Trump administration with the states, can accomplish such... though I have hope of such....

There are 60 million adults, that are at risk....the elderly and those younger with medical conditions.... let alone the ones that just get it and die with no pre existing or at risk, conditions.

the economy ain't coming back with any kind of roar, with all those big spenders in the 60 million adults at risk group, feeling the need to shelter, because no one is doing anything to curb the virus and identify where it is at and what areas it is moving through.....
Let's open up and see what happens. Cannot hide from it. So even if 60mil hide, 270mil would be out and about. I am OK with that and I doubt 60mil would hide when the death rate at worst will be less than 5 per 1000. Media lies. Math does not.
Why not DO BOTH? Trace it, by testing, and isolating those with it, rinse and repeat....... and open the economy in the safest way possible, as per the CDC guidelines?
Because like the common cold, this will keep coming back. Key is to strengthen the immune system not hide from it. Reason doctors want babies and toddlers to get ill and such is to build up their immune systems. It doesn't stop with adulthood. Cure cannot be worse than the disease and now it seems like it is. Why are we making 900+ suffer for the benefit of at max 5...this is per 1000.
There is no evidence thus far that there is any immunity among those who have had the virus.
So when I am going to give plasma on Monday to help those who are sick, they are just taking it for fun? If there is no proof then why are so many companies working on a vaccine? You do know how a vaccine works I hope. Then again you're a stupid Leftists. NVM.

As of yesterday morning.

So when I am going to give plasma on Monday to help those who are sick, they are just taking it for fun? If there is no proof then why are so many companies working on a vaccine? You do know how a vaccine works I hope. Then again you're a stupid Leftists. NVM.
Lasting immunity. There are antibodies but no one knows if there is permanent immunity or if people can be reinfected.
As you are fond of comparing covid to the flu or a cold, you know that you can become infected with each repeatedly as they mutate.

Your estimate is right in line with seasonal flu. So yeah, I think your correct. :thup:

As of yesterday morning.

Lasting immunity. There are antibodies but no one knows if there is permanent immunity or if people can be reinfected.
As you are fond of comparing covid to the flu or a cold, you know that you can become infected with each repeatedly as they mutate.
Never said permanent. I said my plasma can help those who have the illness as I have recovered and possess the antobodies. I was called specifically to donate.

As of yesterday morning.

Never said permanent. I said my plasma can help those who have the illness as I have recovered and possess the antobodies. I was called specifically to donate.
Your entire argument is based on the idea of a herd immunity that may not even be a possibility, dope.

As of yesterday morning.

Your entire argument is based on the idea of a herd immunity that may not even be a possibility, dope.
Do you think it is probable or unlikely?

If your leftist loons get their way it will be longer than that.

1588367434894.png

Oh no what shall we ever do bahahahah. 911 in your faces.

As of yesterday morning.

Unknown

As of yesterday morning.

Unknown
Pick one. Probable or unlikely. I know it is unknown. Take a stand for once in your Leftist life.

Over the last 10 days, the number of new infections per day was around 28,000.

Over the last 20 days, the number of new infections per day also was around 28,000.

Over the last 10 days, the number of new fatalities per day was around 1,800.

Over the last 20 days, the number of new fatalities per day also was around 1,800.

That's remarkably stable. Over that time the death rate (fatalities / confirmed infections) rose to above 6% from just over 1%, which indicates testing is still falling farther behind the spread of the virus, and is still nowhere near catching asymptomatic cases in growing numbers. That in turn indicates that one of the most important criteria among the White House-devised preconditions for opening up are nowhere near being met.

Let's be optimistic and assume, despite 30 states opening up some of their economy, and promising more for the next days, that rate remains stable even though common sense tells us these numbers are set to rise:

From May 2 to the end of the year - 243 days. 243 times 1,800 = 461,700 fatalities. Add the 65,000 dead up to now:

526,700 fatalities for this year. That's not a prediction, just an extrapolation indicating where the country is heading on the current trajectory.

That's assuming there isn't going to be a major outbreak due to businesses restarting, neither that summer temperatures curtail the spread, nor that there's a China-style lockdown, or anything like it. Just the spread by asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic cases, due to the monumentally botched testing (forget about tracing and isolating with these numbers), continues as is.

Given these figures, is anyone surprised that Dr. Fauci is stridently warning against opening up too fast?

Anyway, there are no more laughable nitwits than those who still maintain this is just a cold, or a mild case of the common flu.

Forum List

Back