How many posters here are smarter than all the world's scientists?

In case you were unsure, if you have EVER put up a post that accused all those scientists of lying, of being biased by "donations and bribes", of claiming that they put out results to please whoever pays for their grants, you should post "ME!". Got it? Okay. Can't wait to see the results!
Well, I haven't said any if those things. I've only said their models have been terribly inaccurate and they have no scientific proof of manmade global warming.

And that whole hockey stick "hide the decline" fiasco somewhat soured any uncritical faith in their prognostications.

I'm sorry but your talking points here show that you are not particularly familiar with this topic. Global climate models (GCMs) have been quite accurate though several denier factions have been utterly dishonest and intentionally deceptive in their attempts to make them look bad (ex: Roy Spencer). * The original "hockey stick" graph (Mann, Bradley, Hughes, 1998) was criticized for a flaw in its statistical analysis and was corrected (MBH 1999 and later). No lay person could tell the difference between the old and the new, particularly since the numerical results - how much warmer the world has become than it once was - were completely unchanged by this "correction". The comment about hiding the decline and was a comment taken completely out of context. Phil Jones, then director of the Hadley Met Office in the UK was referring to a statistical procedure used by researchers Michael Mann and Keith Briffa to compensate for changes over time in the proportionality between tree ring thicknesses and temperature. Before you jump to the conclusion that this was done to make warming look worse than it did, note that this change happened in the latter half of the 20th century where there were plenty of accurate thermometer data against which to see the change. The "trick" made the data more accurate, not less.

If you have rejected global warming because of these two points, I think you need to reexamine your position.

* - A Google search on scholarly articles on the accuracy of climate models: Google Scholar
For a layman's critique of Spencer's GCM "analysis", see: Roy Spencer's latest deceit and deception
For a lengthy but objective discussion on the development and accuracy of global climate models, see General Circulation Models of the Atmosphere
I'm no expert on climate science...but I am an expert on the scientific method.

If HR= all human recorded temperature data from 1850 to present...

...and if AP=all reconstructed proxy temperature pre 1850...

...and MA=all post 1850 proxy temperatures...

...and AP and MA were extrapolated using the exact same method...

If MA is not congruent with HR then AP is not valid data.

My understanding is that Climategate revolves around this very anomoly...and to hide the anomoly, the post 1850 algorithmically reconstructed data (MA) was eliminated after 1960 and the human recorded data (HR) was substituted because the MA data was not congruent with the historical human recorded record beyond 1960...casting significant doubt of the entire set of reconstructed data (AP).

MA being congruent with HR is the science.

Failing that check on the reconstructed proxy data makes all the proxy data suspect.

Without valid reconstructed data, there is no data to apply any science to.

So instead of divulging the truth...they covered it up by misrepresenting the data to fit the desired result.

That's not science.
None of the models, when past climate data is plugged in, can accurately represent current climate.
Silly, embarrassing lie that would get you laughed out of the room, if in the company of research scientists.

Silly, embarrassing lie that would get you laughed out of the room, if in the company of research scientists.

What would you know about the company of research scientists? ...

But I'll bite ... post your scientific paper that plugs in the climate data from 100 years ago and have the climate model corrected predict today's climate ... just one ...

What would you know about the company of research scientists? ...
Simple. They get together and culminate their results at IPCC. You can look this up yourself. It's publicly available info.

Now, my turn. Please link us to your climate research papers. Wait..you don't have any? And no education or experience whatsoever in climate science? Then why should anyone listen to a word you say?

Last edited:
I don't see the tools with which we used to post up polls but we can ad lib.

Just tell us in the comments. How many people believe they are more intelligent than all the world's active climate scientists. In case you were unsure, if you have EVER put up a post that accused all those scientists of lying, of being biased by "donations and bribes", of claiming that they put out results to please whoever pays for their grants, you should post "ME!". Got it? Okay. Can't wait to see the results!
We can't tell since every scientist has a differing view...

Just tell us in the comments. How many people believe they are more intelligent than all the world's active climate scientists. In case you were unsure, if you have EVER put up a post that accused all those scientists of lying, of being biased by "donations and bribes", of claiming that they put out results to please whoever pays for their grants, you should post "ME!". Got it? Okay. Can't wait to see the results!
Lie.

Lie.
I never see two scientist agree on everything...

Lie.
So you do see them agree on many things. Great!

Q. How much additional heat, measured by a temperature increase, does the additional 120 ppm of CO2 (from 280 to 400PPM), generate?

AGW Cult possible responses:

A. $78 Trillion!!!
B. Denier! Death to the deniers!!
C. Back off, man. I'm a scientist
D. If you weren't so stupid you'd know!
E. OMG!!! This again?!?!?!!!
F. We have consensus!!! We don't have to give you numbers!

Actual answer: 0.0 degree increase +- .1

Lie.
Some things...not many....

Q. How much additional heat, measured by a temperature increase, does the additional 120 ppm of CO2 (from 280 to 400PPM), generate?

A. $78 Trillion!!!

Red herring, and probably false anyway

Lie.
Lie. A great many things. Like the overwhelming consensus on AGW.

Lie.
Lie. A great many things. Like the overwhelming consensus on AGW.
Fewer climate scientist blame carbon everyday as more information comes to light...and many suggest that global climate change is not the immediate danger that we should be addressing....what difference does it make what the temperature is in 100 years if we keep chocking on the pollution we can see in our streets and inching towards a world war and economic devastation?....

A. $78 Trillion!!!

Red herring, and probably false anyway

LOL!

Looking for a non-imaginary number

It's probably 0.0 degrees

Forum List

Back