How Many Towns In California Have to Burn to The Ground Before Voters There Wake The Hell Up?

Oh yes, the old, EVERYONE IS LEAVING CALIFORNIA! ALL PEOPLE AND ALL BUSINESS! THE SKY IS FALLING!

I've been hearing that shrill trope since I moved here decades ago. Whatever. They sure are slowpokes.
Tell it to Quartz and their high highfalutin graphs, figures and charts.
Damn those statistics!

I'm glad you left and found your safe place. Try not to hate on those of us who love California and will never ever leave.
I don't hate you. Just shocked at the high levels of denial some people can exhibit and hug to their
bosoms like Cleopatra's asp.
I'm just wondering how long it will take all the people and businesses to leave California. They've been leaving for decades, according to your ilk. We now have the world's 5th largest economy. All that leaving sure is benefiting California!

I'm not in denial. I'm also not a scared little flower, afraid of the world.

That doesn't change the fact that most people who don't live in California think its a joke.....I mean, c'mon now. What else would they think...painting streets white....letting their forests burn to the ground every few months.........paying other states to use their glut of solar power.......banning vaping in towns..........fleets of poop scoop trucks in major cities........treating the homeless like hero's..........

The place is a smidge above 3rd world nation status at this point.........but we're real proud of ya!!:flirtysmile4:

California is a joke?
Then explain why it’s the most visited state in America?
Booming economy 5th largest. Not even comes close to the worst unemployment, dirtiest or poorest.

Here’s the problem with people like you and the rest. You hear these poop. It’s a very very tiny part of Ca. That doesn’t mean the entire California. You got that?

Fires. Do you have a solution to Santa Ana winds? Letting our forest burn to the ground? We have thousands of firefighters on the ground plus aerial assaults. We are letting it burn to the ground? You are very ignorant.

Yes solar energy business is booming that is why there is a glut. Reasons why business owners are getting other states sharing the wealth. Why is that a problem?

Banning vaping in town. Smoking is bad for your health.

I know that you are a liar. How do we even know those pictures came from California? There are homeless all over US.

Onerous building restrictions? Really? Then why are we building so many houses, new buildings and new developments all over? Far better than any states. Florida cannot even comes close to Ca economy.

How do you know those homeless are in California? Because of the deplorable state of homelessness in California and that it is in the news almost daily.
homeless california crisis - Bing images

Yes, California is building houses, new buildings, and developments but you don't want low or middle-income housing anywhere close to the superior class.

As for the restrictions, why do you live in denial? How do YOU work to solve the problems if you don't even admit the problems?

Blame California’s Housing Shortage on Dubious Regulations
By guest author Craig Eyermann
August 24, 2019
[...]

On paper, this combination of pleasant environment and economics should mean that California would rank very highly among all states for its business climate thanks to its established relative advantages. In reality, the state ranks among the worst, thanks to a tax and regulatory regime that puts it in dead last place among all states for its cost of doing business in CNBC’s Top States for Business in 2019.
The California Code of Regulations—the compilation of the state’s administrative rules—contains more than 21 million words. If reading it was a 40-hour-a-week job, it would take more than six months to get through it, and understanding all that legalese is another matter entirely.
[...]
Included in the code are more than 395,000 restrictive terms such as “shall,” “must” and “required,” a good gauge of how many actual requirements exist. This is by far the most regulation of any state in the country, according to a new database maintained by the Mercatus Center, a research institute at George Mason University. The average state has about 137,000 restrictive terms in its code, or roughly one-third as many as California. Alaska and Montana are among the states with as few as 60,000.
[...]
Blame California’s Housing Shortage on Dubious Regulations | Craig Eyermann

Oh yes, the old, EVERYONE IS LEAVING CALIFORNIA! ALL PEOPLE AND ALL BUSINESS! THE SKY IS FALLING!

I've been hearing that shrill trope since I moved here decades ago. Whatever. They sure are slowpokes.
Tell it to Quartz and their high highfalutin graphs, figures and charts.
Damn those statistics!

I'm glad you left and found your safe place. Try not to hate on those of us who love California and will never ever leave.
I don't hate you. Just shocked at the high levels of denial some people can exhibit and hug to their
bosoms like Cleopatra's asp.
I'm just wondering how long it will take all the people and businesses to leave California. They've been leaving for decades, according to your ilk. We now have the world's 5th largest economy. All that leaving sure is benefiting California!

I'm not in denial. I'm also not a scared little flower, afraid of the world.

That doesn't change the fact that most people who don't live in California think its a joke.....I mean, c'mon now. What else would they think...painting streets white....letting their forests burn to the ground every few months.........paying other states to use their glut of solar power.......banning vaping in towns..........fleets of poop scoop trucks in major cities........treating the homeless like hero's..........

The place is a smidge above 3rd world nation status at this point.........but we're real proud of ya!!:flirtysmile4:

Do you really think we gaf what other states think of us?! Yeah, I was all broke up today while enjoying my perfect weather. Ditto next month, and the next, and the next.

I'll be crying real tears while I enjoy every single bit of my part of the world. Everyday. Too bad you're so worried about my little bit that your can't enjoy your own place. Must be a real shit hole.

You live here for 40 years and you left 5 years ago. Really? I mean REALLY?
And you are this ignorant.

The place you are talking about shit in the streets are located in SF & LA. It’s a very tiny part of California and for you to stupidly say the whole Ca? That’s very ignorant.

Do you honestly believe that SF & LA will let those shit just laying in the streets without cleaning it up? Or doing nothing? They installed Porto potty all over. I travel to SF and LA and I have not seen a drop of shit that you are talking about.
But I know there’s a lot of piece of shit human beings.
Show me the quote, drama queen, where I said ALL of California was littered with human feces.

The fires? Fires? You live here for 40 years and you never experienced Santa Ana winds? You are a very dishonest person.
We went through a fire season every year. Nothing was like the last two years.

Rats? Do you know why? Because it’s killing wild life.
So you'd rather tolerate disease spreading
vermin than do something about it? How intelligent.

Yes California has lots of problems like other states. But that doesn’t mean major portion of Ca is bad.

This is where I live. Oh what an ugly place.
La Jolla? I know all about it. My mother in law had a beach side condo there. Very nice and well to do. It hardly is representative of the rest of the state.

I lived in Napa Valley...one of the most presitigious and visited spots in the state. Nan Pelosi has a home there. So what? That doesn't make vast areas elsewhere of California total shit holes. Ever been to the Central Valley?

Last edited:
California is a joke?
Booming economy 5th largest. Not even comes close to the worst unemployment, dirtiest or poorest.

Here’s the problem with people like you and the rest. You hear these poop. It’s a very very tiny part of Ca. That doesn’t mean the entire California. You got that?

Fires. Do you have a solution to Santa Ana winds? Letting our forest burn to the ground? We have thousands of firefighters on the ground plus aerial assaults. We are letting it burn to the ground? You are very ignorant.

Yes solar energy business is booming that is why there is a glut. Reasons why business owners are getting other states sharing the wealth. Why is that a problem?

You have an EXCUSE for everything, don't you, right down to vaping!

If you have a glut of energy, why do you have rolling blackouts? What other state has rolling blackouts?

California is NOT letting their forests, and houses, burn to the ground? Really?

burning-wildfire-napa-california-XL.jpg

california-fire-story8-rt-ml-171012_12x5_992-L.jpg

California_Wildfires_40141-X2.jpg

la-me-napa-sonoma-fire-pictures-057-X3.jpg

wildfires-1-696x368-M.png

Yep, looks fine to me!

You're right, I won't look. I've been hearing that word vomit for so long it's lost it's meaning. Especially when the predicted doom and gloom never happens.

It's your definition of a 'bad neighborhood' that I question. I've been all over the world and I've seen bad neighborhoods. So yes, I do believe the folks who are so aggravated and concerned and frightened over California are incredibly delicate, precious flowers.
And I believe the people who shut their eyes and ignore the data that people are flocking OUT of California (like you have) are simply sticking their head in the sand and pretending everything is okay.
It's called denial and it's a form of cowardice. "Fright" has nothing to do with it.

It's more accurate and honest to say people are tired of throwing their money away down
a horribly mismanaged rat hole.

California is a joke?

California isn't a joke, you are a joke. California is a tragedy!

California Has Highest Poverty Rate, with Housing Costs

NEIL MUNRO 13 Sep 2019

Democrat-run, migrant-packed California leads the nation in poverty, according to a Census Bureau report which considers Americans’ housing costs alongside their income from wages and salaries.

The September 10 study shows 18.2 percent of California’s population is poor, far above the 13 percent poverty rate in Arkansas, 16 percent in Mississippi, and the 14.6 percent in West Virginia.

The above source cites this study: https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2019/demo/p60-268.pdf

You could have played straight man Ed McMahon to my Johnny Carson! You set them up and I knock them out of the park! Keep up the good work!

I know that you are a liar. How do we even know those pictures came from California? There are homeless all over US.

Onerous building restrictions? Really? Then why are we building so many houses, new buildings and new developments all over? Far better than any states. Florida cannot even comes close to Ca economy.

How do you know those homeless are in California? Because of the deplorable state of homelessness in California and that it is in the news almost daily.

Yes, California is building houses, new buildings, and developments but you don't want low or middle-income housing anywhere close to the superior class.

As for the restrictions, why do you live in denial? How do YOU work to solve the problems if you don't even admit the problems?

August 24, 2019
[...]

On paper, this combination of pleasant environment and economics should mean that California would rank very highly among all states for its business climate thanks to its established relative advantages. In reality, the state ranks among the worst, thanks to a tax and regulatory regime that puts it in dead last place among all states for its cost of doing business in CNBC’s Top States for Business in 2019.
The California Code of Regulations—the compilation of the state’s administrative rules—contains more than 21 million words. If reading it was a 40-hour-a-week job, it would take more than six months to get through it, and understanding all that legalese is another matter entirely.
[...]
Included in the code are more than 395,000 restrictive terms such as “shall,” “must” and “required,” a good gauge of how many actual requirements exist. This is by far the most regulation of any state in the country, according to a new database maintained by the Mercatus Center, a research institute at George Mason University. The average state has about 137,000 restrictive terms in its code, or roughly one-third as many as California. Alaska and Montana are among the states with as few as 60,000.
[...]

This is the problem with people like you. You assumed that the entire Ca is homeless. You assumed that the entire California is littered with shits. That very dishonest and ignorant don’t you think?
You are lying right now.

I know you are a LIAR. So my question to you was ........ how do we even know pictures you are posting are really from Ca?

We are building new houses and new buildings all over far more and better than any other states.
Yes regulations are tough because we don’t want shit builders that built just for profits.

The shortage that we are talking is not because of the regulations. It’s because the developers and builders are not fast enough to match the booming economy. Meaning we have waiting list.

So your post are nothing but bullshit.

August 24, 2019
[...]

[...]
[...]

This is the problem with people like you. You assumed that the entire Ca is homeless. You assumed that the entire California is littered with shits. That very dishonest and ignorant don’t you think?
You are lying right now.

I know you are a LIAR. So my question to you was ........ how do we even know pictures you are posting are really from Ca?

We are building new houses and new buildings all over far more and better than any other states.
Yes regulations are tough because we don’t want shit builders that built just for profits.

The shortage that we are talking is not because of the regulations. It’s because the developers and builders are not fast enough to match the booming economy. Meaning we have waiting list.

I'm actually not mad about the GOP nutters crazy vision of California. I'm hoping it will keep them away.

You're right, I won't look. I've been hearing that word vomit for so long it's lost it's meaning. Especially when the predicted doom and gloom never happens.

It's your definition of a 'bad neighborhood' that I question. I've been all over the world and I've seen bad neighborhoods. So yes, I do believe the folks who are so aggravated and concerned and frightened over California are incredibly delicate, precious flowers.
And I believe the people who shut their eyes and ignore the data that people are flocking OUT of California (like you have) are simply sticking their head in the sand and pretending everything is okay.
It's called denial and it's a form of cowardice. "Fright" has nothing to do with it.

It's more accurate and honest to say people are tired of throwing their money away down
a horribly mismanaged rat hole.
Well WHEN do you think they'll all finally be gone?? Like I've said, many times, you GOP nutters have been hollering about business and people leaving California for at least 30 years. Why aren't they gone yet?

I guess Silicon Valley must have been exempt from the mass exodus, lol.

You live here for 40 years and you left 5 years ago. Really? I mean REALLY?
And you are this ignorant.

The place you are talking about shit in the streets are located in SF & LA. It’s a very tiny part of California and for you to stupidly say the whole Ca? That’s very ignorant.

Do you honestly believe that SF & LA will let those shit just laying in the streets without cleaning it up? Or doing nothing? They installed Porto potty all over. I travel to SF and LA and I have not seen a drop of shit that you are talking about.
But I know there’s a lot of piece of shit human beings.
Show me the quote, drama queen, where I said ALL of California was littered with human feces.

The fires? Fires? You live here for 40 years and you never experienced Santa Ana winds? You are a very dishonest person.
We went through a fire season every year. Nothing was like the last two years.

Rats? Do you know why? Because it’s killing wild life.
So you'd rather tolerate disease spreading
vermin than do something about it? How intelligent.

Yes California has lots of problems like other states. But that doesn’t mean major portion of Ca is bad.

This is where I live. Oh what an ugly place.
La Jolla? I know all about it. My mother in law had a beach side condo there. Very nice and well to do. It hardly is representative of the rest of the state.

I lived in Napa Valley...one of the most presitigious and visited spots in the state. Nan Pelosi has a home there. So what? That doesn't make vast areas elsewhere of California total shit holes. Ever been to the Central Valley?

Show you your quote about streets filled with shits..... Read your post #280.

Yes I’ve been to Central Valley. Yes I’ve been to Napa valley several times.

California a shit holes? Really? I mean really.
Yes we have problems here but we are not the poorest, dirtiest, ugliest by far from from other states.
But we are one of the top 5 happiest states, most visited states, unemployment is at 4.1%. And 5th largest economy is the world.

So tell me why you think our state is a shit hole?

You are lying right now.

Once again, I provide facts and sources and you provide....

InternetTroll-M.jpg

California is a joke?

You have an EXCUSE for everything, don't you, right down to vaping!

If you have a glut of energy, why do you have rolling blackouts? What other state has rolling blackouts?

California is NOT letting their forests, and houses, burn to the ground? Really?

burning-wildfire-napa-california-XL.jpg

california-fire-story8-rt-ml-171012_12x5_992-L.jpg

California_Wildfires_40141-X2.jpg

la-me-napa-sonoma-fire-pictures-057-X3.jpg

wildfires-1-696x368-M.png

Yep, looks fine to me!

No I don’t give you any excuses. I’m just giving you facts and reality how ignorant and dishonest people like you.

Are you really this dishonest?
The glut I am talking about is the solar business. That has nothing to do with the rolling blackouts and the fires.
The rolling blackouts are precautionary. Why is that a problem?

We have thousands of firefighters on the grounds with full aerial assaults fighting a natural disaster. Are you saying those doesn’t exist?
You are very dishonest person.

You are lying right now.

Once again, I provide facts and sources and you provide....

InternetTroll-M.jpg

What facts you provided? Just pure bull crap.
I provided you with reality in life. You provided me with link that are totally totally bull crap.

Yes we have problems here but we are not the poorest, dirtiest, ugliest by far from from other states.
But we are one of the top 5 happiest states, most visited states, unemployment is at 4.1%. And 5th largest economy is the world.

Actually the unemployment rate for California is 4.0%...unless it went up in October. Meanwhile, the unemployment rate for the nation is 3.6% for October.

State Unemployment Rates | September 2019

The same source shows our unemployment rate (Florida) to be 20% below that of California.

In addition:

Fiscal%20Stability%202018-09-20-L.jpg

And, 2018

norcross-fiscal-rankings-map-mercatus-v1_copy_0-X3.png

Last edited:
California is a joke?

California isn't a joke, you are a joke. California is a tragedy!

NEIL MUNRO 13 Sep 2019

Democrat-run, migrant-packed California leads the nation in poverty, according to a Census Bureau report which considers Americans’ housing costs alongside their income from wages and salaries.

The September 10 study shows 18.2 percent of California’s population is poor, far above the 13 percent poverty rate in Arkansas, 16 percent in Mississippi, and the 14.6 percent in West Virginia.

The above source cites this study: https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2019/demo/p60-268.pdf

You could have played straight man Ed McMahon to my Johnny Carson! You set them up and I knock them out of the park! Keep up the good work!

You are a liar and totally joke.
You are using Breitbart a well known to distribute false information. YOUVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/poverty-rate-by-state/

California is rated at number #18. Not eeeeven close to the worst. Florida is #17.
So what are you babbling again?

Actually the unemployment rate for California is 4.0%...unless it went up in October. Meanwhile, the unemployment rate for the nation is 3.6% for October.

State Unemployment Rates | September 2019

The same source shows our unemployment rate (Florida) to be 20% below that of California.

In addition:

Fiscal%20Stability%202018-09-20-L.jpg

So where did you get that chart? You made it up your own?

You did not answer my question.

Tell me why you think California is a shit hole?

Nothing better management cannot solve. We have a Second Amendment and should have no security problems in our free, Golden State.

Forum List

Back