How Many Towns In California Have to Burn to The Ground Before Voters There Wake The Hell Up?

What's wrong here is PG&E is a public utility, which means they need to make a profit for their stock holders, they have not updated, repaired or replaced their electrical and natural gas transmission lines.

Wry Catcher

Are you getting addled in your old age and retirement?

You are FLAT OUT LYING blaming PG&E.

Let's put some sugar on this ...

Wry Catcher What percentage of your CalPERS retirement you recieve is based on PG&E stock?

Let me answer that for you .... 19.5%

Are you willing to give up 19.5% of your retirement income?

Ya know, 'You got yours'...

I have no idea how much of my retirement is received by PG&E. However, my retirement system, safety, is not CalPers. I contributed to my county retirement system, which does invest in stocks and bonds, but I never bothered to see which ones. My final year of work I was contributing to my retirement system $1,500 each month.

Other's who are still active employees in the Safety Retirement System in the County, par paying into our Ret. Sys., some paying more than the $1,500 I did 15 years ago.

Yep, I earned what I have now, and contributed it; yet I don't seek to fuck over those who are not as fortunate.

IDGAF how much you 'contributed'

hmmm ...ranting about PG&E which is part of your retirement portfolio makes you a bigot.

Are you willing to forgo the amount CalPERS has invested in your retirement?

IDGAF about your claim, 'cause your claim CalPers invested in my retirement is a lie, not because my retirement association might have PG&E stocks or bonds, but because I am not a member of CalPers.

I earned my retirement compensation, and my contributions which went to investments, went to others who retired before me. Your envy is showing.

Voters have no say in CA unless they are Democrat. Democrats have been fixing elections for decades that's how a cow like Pelosi keeps getting re-elected even though her very City (SF) lets vagrants poop in the streets.

You really are an ignoramus, a bigot and a damn liar.

Prove me wrong, and provide probative evidence to make anything you've posted in this post is true.

It just hit me like a ton of rocks as I watched all the fires in California, how long before people there realize that their government is failing at its job?

Their power providers are expert at identifying how many LGBTQXREYZ they have on their payroll, but cannot manage to update and maintain their power grid? WTF?

They have people shitting in the middle of the streets, open gang warfare that their state government and city government protects with sanctuary laws, and they are seeing a return of diseases we have not seen since the Middle ages like Bubonic Plague!

OMG, how bad does it have to get before people start to vote the bastards out?

Instead, they keep voting for Dimocrats that make the problems worse and worse till they give up and move to another state and then start voting Dimocrat there too.

How many states have to be ruined before we all finally decide to ban the Dimocratic Party ion the interest of national security?

I do think the USA can survive a nuclear war, but I dont think it can survive another 20 years of Dimocratic stupidity.
The right wing is worse.

Yeah, sure it is. At least you're admitting California wildfires have been happening regularly since at least 1950 and not just since 2013 when the environmentalists said not to clean out the power lines.
The difference is in the scale of the fire that results, not some quantification of occurances, OL.

If a fire is found and put out in a small area that is qualitatively better than if it gets out of control.

How many acres have burned to the ground in California since 1950?

upload_2019-11-1_16-42-42.png

THAT is where the change is, OL.

Edit: First chart is California only, the second is all the USA wildfires.

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-1_16-38-18.png
    upload_2019-11-1_16-38-18.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
California has had wildfires every year forever. The only difference is the introduction of people with no brains who have somehow managed to turn it into Democrats' fault. They have had wildfires when Republicans were in charge, as well. The Santa Anna winds cause wildfires.

The wind causes wildfires.

Republicans have never been in charge in California.

Tight EPA controls that won't allow the Forest Service,
PG&E and other utilities to cut down forest around power lines,

It IS the Democrats fault.

Prove me wrong.
So...Reagan, Deukmajian, and Schwartzenagger were never Governors of California?

Being a Republican Governor doesn't mean one has a
a Republican Senate and House.

Reagan was a Democrat until 1962 when he switched to the Republican Party.
In 1964, Reagan's speech, "A Time for Choosing", supported Barry Goldwater's foundering presidential campaign and earned him national attention as a new conservative spokesman.
Building a network of supporters, Reagan was elected governor of California in 1966. As governor, Reagan raised taxes, turned a state budget deficit to a surplus, challenged the protesters at the University of California, ordered in National Guard troops during a period of protest movements in 1969, and was re-elected in 1970.

Ahnold was led around by a democrat house and senate.

George Deukmejian was before my time.

None of these Guvs have one dam thing to do with TODAY's laws.

Tight EPA controls that won't allow the Forest Service,
PG&E and other utilities to cut down forest around power lines,
It IS the Democrats fault.
Prove me wrong

Provide evidence that you opinion has legs.

There have actually been FEWERE wildfires in California, but more trouble controlling them and thus more land burned due to other factors.

Over the last 40 years, there is a surprising trend with California wildfires – Orange County Register

California wildfire data reviewed by a USGS research ecologist shows a trend that many may find hard to believe: Since a peak in 1980, there have been fewer and fewer wildfires in California. This is true across the entire state, according to researcher Jon Keeley, who is also a professor at UCLA.​

keeley-wildfire-research-charts.jpg

In high risk areas, "California law requires that homeowners in SRA clear out flammable materials such as brush or vegetation around their buildings to 100 feet (or the property line) to create a defensible space buffer. "

Secondly, it's 12% humidity in L.A. right now. Even in NorCal, we haven't had any rain to speak of since June, the floors of the forest are dry af, the days are hot, and it's hecka windy. I saw someone post about how they don't have fires in Michigan where it rains all summer and it's basically a cold-ass swamp, because they do forest management. Lol
In addition, the sun does not shine in Michigan.
That's enough of your asinine posts.
Permanent Ignore.
Hey pal, I lived there for about 2 years. Southwest Lower Michigan. The sun most definitely DID NOT shine.

In high risk areas, "California law requires that homeowners in SRA clear out flammable materials such as brush or vegetation around their buildings to 100 feet (or the property line) to create a defensible space buffer. "

Secondly, it's 12% humidity in L.A. right now. Even in NorCal, we haven't had any rain to speak of since June, the floors of the forest are dry af, the days are hot, and it's hecka windy. I saw someone post about how they don't have fires in Michigan where it rains all summer and it's basically a cold-ass swamp, because they do forest management. Lol
Its shining right now. Not a bit yesterday though

That's enough of your asinine posts.
Permanent Ignore.
Hey pal, I lived there for about 2 years. Southwest Lower Michigan. The sun most definitely DID NOT shine.
Nor does it ever shine in England either.

I was touring Oxford and saw this sundial, and asked the tour guide why anyone would ever make such a thing in England.

EVERYONE laughed at that remark.

It just hit me like a ton of rocks as I watched all the fires in California, how long before people there realize that their government is failing at its job?

Their power providers are expert at identifying how many LGBTQXREYZ they have on their payroll, but cannot manage to update and maintain their power grid? WTF?

They have people shitting in the middle of the streets, open gang warfare that their state government and city government protects with sanctuary laws, and they are seeing a return of diseases we have not seen since the Middle ages like Bubonic Plague!

Instead, they keep voting for Dimocrats that make the problems worse and worse till they give up and move to another state and then start voting Dimocrat there too.

How many states have to be ruined before we all finally decide to ban the Dimocratic Party ion the interest of national security?

I do think the USA can survive a nuclear war, but I dont think it can survive another 20 years of Dimocratic stupidity.
Global Warming is just starting

Its not global warming. The forestry service and PG&E are not allowed to clear trees and brush like they used to do. We have always had these winds that kick up this time of year that feed the fires. Thats nothing new. Whats new is mismanagement that we didnt quite have 20 years ago, and now instead of blaming themselves, California politicians are blaming global warming. Sadly it is all BS, the brush and tall grass isn't any more dryer because of a couple degrees warming and the seasonal rains havn't changed so you cant blame that. Its got more to do with overgrowth and new building of communities into areas that were once open land.

Voters have no say in CA unless they are Democrat. Democrats have been fixing elections for decades that's how a cow like Pelosi keeps getting re-elected even though her very City (SF) lets vagrants poop in the streets.
Love how our rubes seem to be preoccupied with poop and gay sex.
Dead giveaway for zero college.
You think homeless people don't poop in Mississippi??

What is it with the red state nutters and sex? They are some of the biggest prudes I've ever known yet they can't keep their noses out of other people's sex lives. Wtf?

Yeah? Are you in that area? I I was there in the early 90's. We had lake effect snow every single day in the winter, along with the normal blizzard-like storms. Summer was rainy and gray. So was the fall. Maybe there was a sunny day in the spring one time. I had a beautiful home there, on a beautiful lot. But that weather, man was it depressing.

I was wondering how climate change may have affected that area since I lived there. More sunshine?

Good lord, I am conflicted...I feel sympathy and want to help fellow Americans. But then they are in Commifornia...My better angel slaps me on the other cheek, says Shut the hell up. This isn't political at all, it is part of the global warming crisis libs ironically have become the center of...now its roosting on their doorstep. Damn, am I conflicted on this.

Yeah? Are you in that area? I I was there in the early 90's. We had lake effect snow every single day in the winter, along with the normal blizzard-like storms. Summer was rainy and gray. So was the fall. Maybe there was a sunny day in the spring one time. I had a beautiful home there, on a beautiful lot. But that weather, man was it depressing.

I was wondering how climate change may have affected that area since I lived there. More sunshine?
lake effect snow...how well i remember that...

South East Michigan. Holland is one of my favorite cities though -- not in the winter though

brothers and sisters: despite what the stable genius that occupies the white house believes, we must act boldly and aggressively to fight climate change

Forum List

Back