How many would like to see a forum dedicated strictly to fake news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, of course we see liberals/democrats make that claim constantly...simply not true.....no one has exposed fake news like Trump has....and credible polls show that the msm is heavily biased against Trump.

Negative news is not Fake News.

Much if not most of it is in regards to their coverage of Trump.

16 Fake News Stories Reporters Have Run Since Trump Won

Trump is right: More than Facebook & Twitter, Google threatens democracy, online freedom

I concur that he gets a lot of negative publicity, but a lot of it he brings it on himself.
As for your links - there a quite a few caveats with regard to the 16 stories linked. For a start, the first one was a personal tweet by a contributor to the Guardian. It wasn't written in the Guardian. It was retweeted by some person from a publication called The Mic. The Mic is definitely not MSM, nor is a personal tweet.

Another one of the 16 stories talks about the word 'purge' being used. That is not fake news. Inflammatory word, still used in the right context, but not fake.

Mac is more concerned with how late night hosts act than how the President of the United States acts. :lol:

Funny thing is, the term "fake news" used to be used for sites like Breitbart, WND, Alex Jones, etc.

Then Trump successfully commandeered it, and now it usually means "information that Trump & his Trumpsters don't like".

To feed the madness, sometimes the mainstream media DOES make shit up, that gives the Trumpsters an excuse to hide in their alternative universe, and the cycle just gets worse and worse.

We al
As many now realize the congress seems unwilling so far to deal with our msm spreading propaganda.....which is a threat to our national security.

The latest most brazen example being their coverage of the shooting of the black jogger in Georgia.

Anyonethat has followed that story sees how the media has distorted, spun and outright lied about what happened....in a desperate attempt to lynch two good Georgia Citizens.

Two videos that prove how the msm has distorted and lied about this case.
ready have a bunch of those don't we?

More fake news.................https://theintercept.com/2019/01/20/beyond-buzzfeed-the-10-worst-most-embarrassing-u-s-media-failures-on-the-trumprussia-story/

Well, of course we see liberals/democrats make that claim constantly...simply not true.....no one has exposed fake news like Trump has....and credible polls show that the msm is heavily biased against Trump.

Trump is right: More than Facebook & Twitter, Google threatens democracy, online freedom
He does a lot to attract attention, sitting in the bully pulpit, sometimes acting like a bully, sometimes showing off for his fans, wanting to be the center of attention, tweeting at 1 AM, hiring the unqualified, firing the ones that might notice the emperor has no clothes. The man is his own worst enemy and cannot understand when normal people are not impressed.

As many now realize the congress seems unwilling so far to deal with our msm spreading propaganda.....which is a threat to our national security.

The latest most brazen example being their coverage of the shooting of the black jogger in Georgia.

Anyonethat has followed that story sees how the media has distorted, spun and outright lied about what happened....in a desperate attempt to lynch two good Georgia Citizens.

If I want fake news, I go to CNN. What's the point?

If I want fake news, I go to CNN. What's the point?

hehheh You miss my point....maybe I was not clear enough.....what i am suggesting is a forum dedicated to the reporting of fake news stories.....as in when someone sees some fake news .....post it there.

He does a lot to attract attention, sitting in the bully pulpit, sometimes acting like a bully, sometimes showing off for his fans, wanting to be the center of attention, tweeting at 1 AM, hiring the unqualified, firing the ones that might notice the emperor has no clothes. The man is his own worst enemy and cannot understand when normal people are not impressed.

What a load....you are well on your way to developing TDS...if you are not already there....but try and get back on topic....if you want to start a thread dissing trump go for it....but this thread is about trying to get a forum set up to report fake news.

Most fake news is spread by Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and, well, sites like this. It has become spin-city--with every 'citizen-journalist' pedaling their wares.

Everyone is trying to direct their narrative...in some vain attempt at empowerment--IMHO.

What a load....you are well on your way to developing TDS...if you are not already there....but try and get back on topic....if you want to start a thread dissing trump go for it....but this thread is about trying to get a forum set up to report fake news.

Anyhow your finger is not on the pulse of the nation....Trump was elected and he will be re-elected by a landslide....so your narrative or opinion can only be explained by your personal bias....there are kinds of reasons to dislike someone...so you are entitled to your opinion but it is not shared by most voters as you will see come November....irregardless of whether the democrats get rid of biden or not.

Most fake news is spread by Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and, well, sites like this. It has become spin-city--with every 'citizen-journalist' pedaling their wares.

Everyone is trying to direct their narrative...in some vain attempt at empowerment--IMHO.

I think most do not pay that much attention to personal opinions....but the masses do watch a lot of T.V. and most of them get their news from the liberal media and are not sophisticated enough unfortunately (at least many of them) to understand when fake news is being presented. Thus many are being deceived by the msm....just like all the hoopla they have whipped up by a supposed black jogger being hunted down and killed just because he was black.....their whole narrative is false...but lots of folks even some conservatives have fallen for it.

Now some new video has come out showing the black character visiting that house under construction multiple times and at night.....I think what we will eventually see is that it will be revealed he had some kind of mental problem or problems....the former D.A. that decided not to arrest the two white guys cited that (his mental history)as a possible reason for the aggressiveness demonstrated by the black.

It will be interesting to see what his mental history actually was.

MSM, no matter what wingnuts say, is still FAR more reliable than periphery media.
When you have a link from a fringe site calling the NY Times (the winner of no less that 125 Pulitzer Prizes) as a fake news site, you know those spruiking the fringe site are desperate.
Is the MSM perfect? No. The quality of a MSM sites depend on the country. In Britain for example, the red top tabloid press is despicable, the BBC is pretty good. In the US, ABC, NBC etc are okay at best, whereas Fox is just a joke.

The only joke is you.

It's called half truths by MSM, they have been deadlier then the truth.

That all are news media does a bunch of headlines and bury the story

Someone would have to decide what is fake news and in a world dominated by “alternative facts” .... :dunno:
Funny (not ha ha funny), I was just about to make a thread saying I Can't Do It Anymore re the Arbery case. Two, three days straight I've been posting the FACTS on this case and reading lie after lie after lie from folks defending the shooters. He was wearing construction boots. He tried to shoot up a school. He was tied to five robberies prior to the shooting....it goes on and on. That's not "opinions," Coyote. That's telling straight up falsehoods and when you show them the real facts they completely ignore it and keep telling the same lies over and over.

IMHO, USMB should not tolerate that. It's one thing to argue the McMichaels are innocent, that they had justification, that Arbery was where he didn't belong, attacked the man with the gun. Those things are debatable. There are many, many lies in there, though, by a few chronic violators. And I don't use the term "lie" lightly. It is a falsehood intentionally meant to dissemble.

Why do these posters get away with it?

It's really more than I can stomach anymore. They've turned those threads into a revolving Storm Front blog. I'm disappointed USMB turns a blind eye to it.

Last edited:
The only joke is you.

It's called half truths by MSM, they have been deadlier then the truth.

That all are news media does a bunch of headlines and bury the story

well, when the guy who holds the highest office in the land lies on a daily basis, it's pretty hard to tell fact from fiction.
I put media into different categories of reliability. LA Times, Chicago Tribune, WaPo, NY Times and Boston Globe - usually very reliable and have high standards. That's not to say they haven't on occasion published something that is wrong. However, when they do, they publish a retraction or fire the person (Stephen Glass). NY Post, National Enquirer, Breibart etc, Fox etc - nothing but partisan hackery.

Sorry Mac, White is on the money. Tell us, which part is wrong. He absolutely has hired unqualified people for important positions. He is a bully. He does tweet at 1am in the morning.

You know, you want a discussion on fake news, yet when your starting point is you can't even agree on what White said, and yet it is all easily provable, and your default setting is 'oh, you must have TDS', then maybe you're part of the problem.

If that can include every false statement issued by Donald Trump- I am down with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back