How much can renewable energy save us?

I never said that but the wind certainly isn't turning every windmill at the same time either which is why windmills only produce on average 25% of their rated capacity and that is not an acceptable output for the money
The latest wind technology sextuples the energy output of current wind turbines. And, with an upgraded grid; wind energy can be used to supplement traditional energy sources; at least until fusion (an energy with a future) comes online.

How much more efficiency can we extract from fossil fuels? they just get, "more expensive" and we merely, "sink costs".

currently we can get better than 90% efficiency from natural gas and about 85% from oil
nuclear power on the other hand will produce 90% or more of it's capacity 24/7/365 and we will never run out of fuel as we will with fossil fuels

Wind turbines of any sort will never come near producing their rated capacity because the wind doesn't blow all the time, sometimes it blows too fast and the turbines have to be shut down for safety reasons and sometimes it blows too slow to do any good

Wind is intermittent and not a good source of power on which to base our future power generation
Advances in technology is happening all the time. They are now making solar panels that are transparent and can be used for windows in existing buildings.

so what that still doesn't account for the sporadic nature of wind
You can have all the windmills you want but we will never realize anywhere near the installed capacity of windmills for the reasons I have given you over and over again

so tell me what is the better power generation investment

Millions of windmills all working at a fraction of their capacity, eating up millions of acres of land far away from the point of use so that transmission losses become a factor or a new generation MSR nuclear reactor program that can mass produce small and mid size reactors that can be installed in a redundant generation system, can be buried underground and that produce 90% or better of their rated output all day every day of every month of every year for decades to come?
It doesn't matter; all of our energy will not come from wing power alone; it is Only part of a diversified energy portfolio.

Renewable energy, is what it is about, not fossil fuels.
Nuclear energy is not fossil fuel

Intermittent power sources (wind) and part time power sources (solar) simply will not meet our growing power needs and are supplemental at best

we need 90% or more of our power to be nuclear generated

Just attention deficits while claiming you have valid arguments?

You want others to invest in wind, what percentage of your portfolio is invested in wind energy?
No more than twenty percent.

In what stocks?
None right now; it is only practice.

You're practicing holding 20% of your portfolio in wind energy with the actual number being 0?
he's unemployed and lives at home with Mommy so how much do you think he invests?

The latest wind technology sextuples the energy output of current wind turbines. And, with an upgraded grid; wind energy can be used to supplement traditional energy sources; at least until fusion (an energy with a future) comes online.

How much more efficiency can we extract from fossil fuels? they just get, "more expensive" and we merely, "sink costs".

currently we can get better than 90% efficiency from natural gas and about 85% from oil
nuclear power on the other hand will produce 90% or more of it's capacity 24/7/365 and we will never run out of fuel as we will with fossil fuels

Wind turbines of any sort will never come near producing their rated capacity because the wind doesn't blow all the time, sometimes it blows too fast and the turbines have to be shut down for safety reasons and sometimes it blows too slow to do any good

Wind is intermittent and not a good source of power on which to base our future power generation
Advances in technology is happening all the time. They are now making solar panels that are transparent and can be used for windows in existing buildings.

You can have all the windmills you want but we will never realize anywhere near the installed capacity of windmills for the reasons I have given you over and over again

Millions of windmills all working at a fraction of their capacity, eating up millions of acres of land far away from the point of use so that transmission losses become a factor or a new generation MSR nuclear reactor program that can mass produce small and mid size reactors that can be installed in a redundant generation system, can be buried underground and that produce 90% or better of their rated output all day every day of every month of every year for decades to come?
It doesn't matter; all of our energy will not come from wing power alone; it is Only part of a diversified energy portfolio.

Intermittent power sources (wind) and part time power sources (solar) simply will not meet our growing power needs and are supplemental at best

I prefer fusion (a natural energy with a natural future):

You want others to invest in wind, what percentage of your portfolio is invested in wind energy?
No more than twenty percent.

In what stocks?
None right now; it is only practice.

You're practicing holding 20% of your portfolio in wind energy with the actual number being 0?
he's unemployed and lives at home with Mommy so how much do you think he invests?
dudes; i practiced investing on unemployment, just for fun.

I prefer fusion (a natural energy with a natural future):

you do know that fusion is nuclear power and also produces radiation don't you?

Besides newer model reactors do not have the faults of the old light water reactors like Fukishima and are all self limiting

fusion (a natural energy with a natural future), unlike fission.

and, fusion waste does not last very long.

besides, by mastering fusion (a natural energy with a natural future) we can start to learn how create our own, "RingWorlds", for when our sun goes supernova.

I have discovered a means to make electricity from human urine and liberal tears! Since we have both in abundance all that's lacking if the $2,000,000,000 grant to turn the lab success into industrial scale reality!

Who will fund me?

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm a liberal Democrat today so, Mr. Gates, Mrs. Clinton, Mr. Soros.....give until it hurts (others)! I know I can count on you.

besides, by mastering fusion (a natural energy with a natural future) we can start to learn how create our own, "RingWorlds", for when our sun goes supernova.

I didn't say waste I said radiation

and Fusion right now is a distant pipe dream but we do have the capability to have 100% emission free electricity today with nuclear power

so stop ignoring the good in favor of the perfect

If only one percent of solar energy were harvested, it would be far more energy than humans use today. People really think humans can't achieve that? It's more than we use and far more than we need, it's decentralized, it's clean, it's amortized over relatively little time and it will help beautify life. It is the long term, wise way to go.

Our Sun will never go supernova.

If only one percent of solar energy were harvested, it would be far more energy than humans use today. People really think humans can't achieve that? It's more than we use and far more than we need, it's decentralized, it's clean, it's amortized over relatively little time and it will help beautify life. It is the long term, wise way to go.
tell you what when you can run an entire town on 100% solar get back to me

we need to do something right now and our best option for abundant reliable emission free power is nuclear

I have discovered a means to make electricity from human urine and liberal tears! Since we have both in abundance all that's lacking if the $2,000,000,000 grant to turn the lab success into industrial scale reality!

Who will fund me?

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm a liberal Democrat today so, Mr. Gates, Mrs. Clinton, Mr. Soros.....give until it hurts (others)! I know I can count on you.
too bad you have to be on the right, to insist national security is at stake, lower taxes, and Invade a foreign country.

and Fusion right now is a distant pipe dream but we do have the capability to have 100% emission free electricity today with nuclear power

How is our Pacific ocean doing?

How is our Pacific ocean doing?

Irrelevant as next generation reactors unlike the currently used light water reactors do not have to be placed near large bodies of water, do not run at pressure and cannot ever go critical because they are by design self limiting

Forum List

Back