How much can renewable energy save us?

Fusion is great; it's what the Sun is, and that's all we need and more.

100% solar power isn't feasible
Solar at best is part time supplemental power
just lousy reading comprehension?

BFD I'm sure you've made more mistakes today than I have

and fusion is decades if not centuries in the future before it's even feasible small scale

so tell me what are you going to do until then?
No, I haven't.

And, here is something to, potentially, invest in:

On Friday, Sept. 30, at 9:25 p.m. EDT, scientists and engineers at MIT’s Plasma Science and Fusion Center made a leap forward in the pursuit of clean energy. The team set a new world record for plasma pressure in the Institute’s Alcator C-Mod tokamak nuclear fusion reactor. Plasma pressure is the key ingredient to producing energy from nuclear fusion, and MIT’s new result achieves over 2 atmospheres of pressure for the first time.--http://news.mit.edu/2016/alcator-c-mod-tokamak-nuclear-fusion-world-record-1014

The problem with plasma is that it must be contained in some geometry by magnetic field. The good thing would be if this wasn't necessary and the plasma could still survive even if just for minutes.

Interesting that it all always comes back to reliance on an industry that makes thousands of dollars per second in net profit. One might think there is too much political and economic power there.

My bullshit meter is nearing the red zone. Look at the sources of information - advocacy groups. Solar and wind continue to be - for most of the country - merely novelties, dribbling electrons into a grid that barely notices. And the grid is powered by burning fossil fuels.

Shortly after we discover technology that makes us the Saudi Arabia of natural gas, leave it to the Leftists to contrive reasons why natural gas is "bad." It is so fucking predictable.

And this was brought to you by the oil industry.....
real world results from the UK and Germany prove that wind is a failure

and really common sense should tell us the same thing
Wind is intermittent
do we really want our power generated by an intermittent source?

Do we seriously have to discuss all the possibilities for energy storage? Do we seriously doubt the inventiveness of humankind? Destructive practices destroy; they will stop someday. That can be with intelligent alternatives or otherwise.

My bullshit meter is nearing the red zone. Look at the sources of information - advocacy groups. Solar and wind continue to be - for most of the country - merely novelties, dribbling electrons into a grid that barely notices. And the grid is powered by burning fossil fuels.

Shortly after we discover technology that makes us the Saudi Arabia of natural gas, leave it to the Leftists to contrive reasons why natural gas is "bad." It is so fucking predictable.

Wind is intermittent
special pleading about wind power? renewables includes more than just wind power.

Wind is intermittent
special pleading about wind power? renewables includes more than just wind power.

solar has its problems too like that it only works during the day

Do we seriously have to discuss all the possibilities for energy storage? Do we seriously doubt the inventiveness of humankind? Destructive practices destroy; they will stop someday. That can be with intelligent alternatives or otherwise.

yeah we're so smart we are ignoring the best option we have today for reliable, abundant emission free power

Wind is intermittent

how about both, in combination? it is renewable energy unlike fossil fuels which can Only get more expensive.

Wind is intermittent

how about both, in combination? it is renewable energy unlike fossil fuels which can Only get more expensive.

Now who has reading comprehension issues?
I haven't advocated fossil fuels once in this thread

here's the rub
right now electricity is only 20% of our energy mix.
Wind and solar cannot even come close to meeting that mark anytime in the next 50 years

People want to cut down on GH gas and that means electrifying more of everything from heating to cars and other industrial processes which means electricity has to become the dominant energy source I think 60-70% of all power used

and you think intermittent power generation will allow that?

Wind is intermittent

i just haven't been paying to your arguments.

Wind is intermittent

no you don't pay attention to anything but your own babbling

Hey maybe that's why you still live with Mommy

no, it is just You.

and, someone has to be responsible.

no, it is just You.

well we know that's not you since you can't even support yourself

no, it is just You.

yet, it is You who has to resort to fallacy; just crony capitalism?

no, it is just You.

yet, it is You who has to resort to fallacy; just crony capitalism?
you're the one who admitted that you still have to live with Mommy

Forum List

Back