How Much of a Theist or Atheist are You?

How Much of a Theist or Atheist are You?

• Strong Theist

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • De-facto Theist

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Weak Theist

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Pure Agnostic

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Weak Atheist

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • De-facto Atheist

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Strong Atheist

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Other

Votes: 12 14.8%

• Total voters
smh. Atheists are wrong again. Never heard of sharia law?

Then the people of the USA believe that the US is a Christian nation. This is the reason why atheists are trying undermine Christianity in order to promote Communism. I'm referring to moral guidance here, not our laws pertaining to criminal, civil and business matters.

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances” (The Constitution of the United States of America, The Bill of Rights, Amendment I)."

Evidence of Christian morality
"If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law” (The Constitution of the United States of America, Article 1, Section 7)."

We all take Xmas off. That doesn't mean we are all Christians. We all take Good Friday off too. Doesn't mean we are Christians. But yes I see your point. This countries roots are in Christianity. I'm just saying we are no longer a Christian nation. That is the main religion but we are a melting pot of all the religions. And I don't give a damn what you Christians think about morality just like I don't care what Scientologists, Born Agains, Catholics, Muslims, Mormons and Jehova's believe.

Evidence we are not a Christian nation. Is abortion legal? Do we teach evolution in school?

I heard Carl Sagan talking the other day on a commercial. How we need to take care of this planet. It's the only one we have. This is the kind of morality us atheists have. What's funny is you conservatives love Darwin when it comes to free market capitalism but you don't like the concept when it comes to the creation of our planet and how life got started here. I'd call that cognitive dissonance.

And I hear many parents teaching their children morality without ever bringing up god. Maybe they do the brainwashing in private but I see them teaching their kids without scaring them with hell.

Ethics Without Gods | American Atheists
But yes I see your point. This countries roots are in Christianity. I'm just saying we are no longer a Christian nation.

- I'm just saying we are no longer a Christian nation.

wrong sealy, we are hopefully no longer the 4th century version of the true 1st century enlightenment as a nation yet it is the original 1st century realization yet to be honored the nation continues to aspire including the proper rationalization of the Almighty and the purity of the Everlasting. - and as an epilogue, good riddance to that book.

the paradox is the missing link the 1st century represented in the evolution of humanity that is the inclusion of both secular and Spiritual as a harmonious Being through the proper Triumph to replicate the Everlasting while living on planet Earth, the true 1st century revelation.

I guess I was wrong

I guess I was wrong

... the US was never a christian nation.

The U.S. was founded as a haven for persecuted Christians and has always been a Christian nation. And because it was founded so that Christians would be able to worship as they chose without interference of the Archbishop of Canterbury or the Pope, those of other faiths or of no faith are also able to practice their religion or beliefs without interference and in peace so long as they did not violate the rights of others.
The U.S. was founded as a haven for persecuted Christians and has always been a Christian nation. And because it was founded so that Christians would be able to worship as they chose without interference of the Archbishop of Canterbury or the Pope, those of other faiths or of no faith are also able to practice their religion or beliefs without interference and in peace so long as they did not violate the rights of others.

... for persecuted Christians

"persecuted christians" translates to protestants, and were being persecuted because they were not considered christians by "christians" - they were the liberals of the time that simply cared to worship in their own way intuitively a rebellion against the 4th century christian bible.

political persecution and opportunity; owning land a new beginning were equally important to the early settlers - as religion.

History of religion in the United States - Wikipedia

Historians debate how influential Christianity was in the era of the American Revolution. Many of the founding fathers were active in a local church; some of them, such as Jefferson, Franklin, and Washington had Deist sentiments.

European Immigration to America: 1600's, 1700's, 1800's and 1900's ***

History of European Immigration to America: The French Immigrants
History of European Immigration to America: The Dutch Immigrants
History of European Immigration to America: The Swedish Immigrants
History of European Immigration to America: The German Immigrants
History of European Immigration to America: The Scottish Immigrants
History of European Immigration to America: The Scots-Irish Immigrants
History of European Immigration to America: The Irish Immigrants
History of Eastern European Immigration to America for kids: The Eastern European Immigrants

many of the above were migration (some later) for opportunity with little regard for religion ...

if the US were a christian nation it would be written in the Constitution - instead and because of the diversity, the US in its Constitution is a secular nation in support of multi religious freedom as written in the 1st Amendment ...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,
or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

the first sentence of the 1st Amendment to the Constitution is the proof the US is not a christian nation but a secular one.

We all take Xmas off. That doesn't mean we are all Christians. We all take Good Friday off too. Doesn't mean we are Christians. But yes I see your point. This countries roots are in Christianity. I'm just saying we are no longer a Christian nation. That is the main religion but we are a melting pot of all the religions. And I don't give a damn what you Christians think about morality just like I don't care what Scientologists, Born Agains, Catholics, Muslims, Mormons and Jehova's believe.

Evidence we are not a Christian nation. Is abortion legal? Do we teach evolution in school?

I heard Carl Sagan talking the other day on a commercial. How we need to take care of this planet. It's the only one we have. This is the kind of morality us atheists have. What's funny is you conservatives love Darwin when it comes to free market capitalism but you don't like the concept when it comes to the creation of our planet and how life got started here. I'd call that cognitive dissonance.

And I hear many parents teaching their children morality without ever bringing up god. Maybe they do the brainwashing in private but I see them teaching their kids without scaring them with hell.

But yes I see your point. This countries roots are in Christianity. I'm just saying we are no longer a Christian nation.

wrong sealy, we are hopefully no longer the 4th century version of the true 1st century enlightenment as a nation yet it is the original 1st century realization yet to be honored the nation continues to aspire including the proper rationalization of the Almighty and the purity of the Everlasting. - and as an epilogue, good riddance to that book.

the paradox is the missing link the 1st century represented in the evolution of humanity that is the inclusion of both secular and Spiritual as a harmonious Being through the proper Triumph to replicate the Everlasting while living on planet Earth, the true 1st century revelation.

I guess I was wrong

I guess I was wrong

"persecuted christians" translates to protestants, and were being persecuted because they were not considered christians by "christians" - they were the liberals of the time that simply cared to worship in their own way intuitively a rebellion against the 4th century christian bible.

political persecution and opportunity; owning land a new beginning were equally important to the early settlers - as religion.

Historians debate how influential Christianity was in the era of the American Revolution. Many of the founding fathers were active in a local church; some of them, such as Jefferson, Franklin, and Washington had Deist sentiments.

History of Eastern European Immigration to America for kids: The Eastern European Immigrants

many of the above were migration (some later) for opportunity with little regard for religion ...

if the US were a christian nation it would be written in the Constitution - instead and because of the diversity, the US in its Constitution is a secular nation in support of multi religious freedom as written in the 1st Amendment ...

or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

the first sentence of the 1st Amendment to the Constitution is the proof the US is not a christian nation but a secular one.
And if there are atheists now there were atheists back then.

I guess I was wrong

I guess I was wrong

I know the religious history, but it is irrelevant to persecution of Christians here and now.

And the 1st Amendment is precisely why we are a Christian nation but beholden to no particular doctrine or authority. But anybody with any grounding in the founding documents knows that this nation was founded by Christians on Christian principles as a Christian nation.

And because it was, people of all faiths and no faith have enjoyed the liberty to be who and what they are.

I guess I was wrong

I guess I was wrong

I know the religious history, but it is irrelevant to persecution of Christians here and now.

And the 1st Amendment is precisely why we are a Christian nation but beholden to no particular doctrine or authority. But anybody with any grounding in the founding documents knows that this nation was founded by Christians on Christian principles as a Christian nation.

And because it was, people of all faiths and no faith have enjoyed the liberty to be who and what they are.
So it was Christians who murdered indians and enslaved blacks?

It is true most Americans back then we're Christians but like today you under estimate how many non believers there were.

Just like today

I guess I was wrong

I guess I was wrong

It is true most Americans back then we're Christians but like today you under estimate how many non believers there were.

Just like today

And I think you are deliberately missing the point. So there we are.

Just like today

And I think you are deliberately missing the point. So there we are.
No I concur your point is accurate.

If there is a god I suspect I worship him like a human should. Like all humans I'm not perfect but lordy knows I try

But anybody with any grounding in the founding documents knows that this nation was founded by Christians on Christian principles as a Christian nation.

you can romanticize all you like a modern presumption for christianity (by christians) however at the time of its ratification the US Constitution purposely prohibits establishing a national religion and in keeping with the tenor of the Revolution made the United States a secular nation.

christianity's history of persecution including the relative time period was the essential reason and means for its exclusion.

th

nothing religious in the Great Seal - even the ostentatious Pledge of Allegiance "Under God" and the Treasury "In God We Trust" - are generic references. ... too bad for you christian -

and why christians believe a country should be guided by their awful, forged 4th century bible is reason enough to prevent their ever amending the Constitution to fabricate it as they have the true Religion of the Almighty.

But anybody with any grounding in the founding documents knows that this nation was founded by Christians on Christian principles as a Christian nation.

you can romanticize all you like a modern presumption for christianity (by christians) however at the time of its ratification the US Constitution purposely prohibits establishing a national religion and in keeping with the tenor of the Revolution made the United States a secular nation.

christianity's history of persecution including the relative time period was the essential reason and means for its exclusion.

th

nothing religious in the Great Seal - even the ostentatious Pledge of Allegiance "Under God" and the Treasury "In God We Trust" - are generic references. ... too bad for you christian -

and why christians believe a country should be guided by their awful, forged 4th century bible is reason enough to prevent their ever amending the Constitution to fabricate it as they have the true Religion of the Almighty.
All I need to see is the divide between born agains and Catholics to realize why we can never officially be a christian nation. These two very large groups agree on very little.

And what does it mean to say we are a christian nation? It certainly doesn't mean we collectively agree Jesus is the Messiah. That alone means we are not

I guess I was wrong

I guess I was wrong

How can we be a christian nation when so many of us don't even believe a god exists? What about Jews who don't believe Jesus was the son of God? What about Muslims Hindu and budhist?

I can't agree. If this is my country too then this is not a christian nation that I happen to live in.

We may have been founded by Christians and we may be majority christian nation but no court of law convicts me of breaking any christian crimes

I guess I was wrong

I guess I was wrong

I suspect some of the founders were atheists and the founders that were religious understood not everyone believes as they do. So they all agreed on common ground. Thou shall not kill. Agreed. Against the law. Thou shall not cover the neighbors wife.

One of the founders must have been shagging his neighbors wife.

Thou shall not lie. The founders were politicians. They lied.

I guess I was wrong

I guess I was wrong

How can we be a christian nation when so many of us don't even believe a god exists? What about Jews who don't believe Jesus was the son of God? What about Muslims Hindu and budhist?

I can't agree. If this is my country too then this is not a christian nation that I happen to live in.

We may have been founded by Christians and we may be majority christian nation but no court of law convicts me of breaking any christian crimes

We are a Christian nation because we were founded by Christians who intended that we all be governed by Christian values for a population that was largely Christian. They saw among those Christian values that the people themselves would govern and that there would be no requirements or punishment put on people of faith because of that faith by the central government. The liberty to believe and worship as we choose was the centermost reason the first American colonies were established and is the reason that The United States, at the time it became the USA, was the only nation to guarantee religious liberty to all, Christian and any other. Well over 90% of us believe in God in some respect.

We are a Christian nation because a large majority of Americans profess the Christian faith even as America respects and does not interfere with the faith or beliefs of those who are not Christian. It's a good deal for everybody.

Last edited:

We are a Christian nation because we were founded by Christians who intended that we all be governed by Christian values for a population that was largely Christian. They saw among those Christian values that the people themselves would govern and that there would be no requirements or punishment put on people of faith because of that faith by the central government. The liberty to believe and worship as we choose was the centermost reason the first American colonies were established and is the reason that The United States, at the time it became the USA, was the only nation to guarantee religious liberty to all, Christian and any other. Well over 90% of us believe in God in some respect.

We are a Christian nation because a large majority of Americans profess the Christian faith even as America respects and does not interfere with the faith or beliefs of those who are not Christian. It's a good deal for everybody.
And when 51% of us we will be a Muslim nation that respects all other religions.

Or we could just be a secular nation where you can worship or not.

We are not a christian nation. That's insulting to the rest of us. Just because someone believes in some version of God doesn't make them a christian.

And when 51% of us we will be a Muslim nation that respects all other religions.

We are not a christian nation. That's insulting to the rest of us. Just because someone believes in some version of God doesn't make them a christian.

that's been their opinion since the late 4th century when they wrote their book in their own lightness irregardless its non validity or wherever they have lived and their history of repression since that time underscores their contempt for the true religion they so abandoned to forge their own.

Is Israel a Jewish nation even though 25 percent of its population is non Jewish? Is it insulting to the Arabs and Christians who live there to call Israel a Jewish nation?

Are any of the 70 countries designated Islamic nations being insulting to the people within their populations who are not Islamic?

If you ask anybody to list the "Christian nations" in the world the list would include most or all of Europe, North America, South America, Australia, and several African countries.

It is insulting to neither Christians nor Muslims or anybody else that is not Jewish that Israel is referred to as a Jewish nation even though 25% of the population is neither Jewish nor subscribes to that faith.

It is insulting to neither Christian nor Muslims or Jews or anybody else who is not Buddhist when Tibet is referred to as a Buddhist nation because most Tibetans subscribe to Buddhism.

India is the birthplace of four of the world's great religions but is now roughly 80% Hindu and if anybody was asked to name a Hindu nation, everybody would almost certainly name India. And that is not insulting to people of other faiths or no faith who live there.

It is insulting to neither Christians or Jews or any other people that 70 nations of the world are referred to as Muslim nations, and I am pretty sure those of other faiths or no faith are not insulted when most of the nations of Europe, North America, South America, Australia, and many in Africa are referred to as Christian countries.

Well over 70% of Americans subscribe to some form of Christianity. That makes us a Christian nation even though there is no official religion as there is no official religion in most of those other predominantly Christian nations. When Christians are no longer a strong majority here, then we will no longer be a Christian nation.

Is Israel a Jewish nation even though 25 percent of its population is non Jewish? Is it insulting to the Arabs and Christians who live there to call Israel a Jewish nation?

Are any of the 70 countries designated Islamic nations being insulting to the people within their populations who are not Islamic?

If you ask anybody to list the "Christian nations" in the world the list would include most or all of Europe, North America, South America, Australia, and several African countries.

It is insulting to neither Christians nor Muslims or anybody else that is not Jewish that Israel is referred to as a Jewish nation even though 25% of the population is neither Jewish nor subscribes to that faith.

It is insulting to neither Christian nor Muslims or Jews or anybody else who is not Buddhist when Tibet is referred to as a Buddhist nation because most Tibetans subscribe to Buddhism.

India is the birthplace of four of the world's great religions but is now roughly 80% Hindu and if anybody was asked to name a Hindu nation, everybody would almost certainly name India. And that is not insulting to people of other faiths or no faith who live there.

It is insulting to neither Christians or Jews or any other people that 70 nations of the world are referred to as Muslim nations, and I am pretty sure those of other faiths or no faith are not insulted when most of the nations of Europe, North America, South America, Australia, and many in Africa are referred to as Christian countries.

Well over 70% of Americans subscribe to some form of Christianity. That makes us a Christian nation even though there is no official religion as there is no official religion in most of those other predominantly Christian nations. When Christians are no longer a strong majority here, then we will no longer be a Christian nation.

No, but Israel is a Jewish nation. It literally is one. Just like Iran is a Muslim nation. America is not a Christian nation. There is no such thing as a Christian nation, is there? Can you name any other Christian nations?

Now I get what you are saying. I agree. But isn't that funny there is no countries that consider themselves a Christian country?

I found this interesting

Can you believe there are that many of us atheists in the world? That's great!!!

Now I get what you are saying. I agree. But isn't that funny there is no countries that consider themselves a Christian country?

I found this interesting

Can you believe there are that many of us atheists in the world? That's great!!!

I think most citizens of most predominantly Christian nations would say their country is a Christian nation. To say that does not imply that Christianity is the OFFICIAL religion. The Founders were very careful to ensure that the USA would never have an OFFICIAL religion because then there would be constant war over which Christian denomination or sect would be the authority and there would always be the danger that if the Catholics or Presbyterians or whomever got the upper hand, they would impose their doctrine on all. There can be no liberty when the people are punished for the beliefs they hold.

I think most Christian nations don't go out of their way to describe themselves that way because Christianity by its very nature is mostly inclusive and those embracing it understand that when they deny religious liberty to others, they put their own liberties at risk.

Last edited:

No, but Israel is a Jewish nation. It literally is one. Just like Iran is a Muslim nation. America is not a Christian nation. There is no such thing as a Christian nation, is there? Can you name any other Christian nations?

And yet there are more Christians in the USA than there are Jews in Israel. Most of the Palestinians--the people and their descendants who left Israel on the theory that the Arab aggressors would prevail and then they would return to a Jew free territory--were not allowed to return when the Jews won that battle. Had that not been the case, then the Jews would likely be the minority in Israel now.

But you are right that Israel was created by the U.N. and designated as a safe haven for Jews in the wake of the Holocaust. It was to be the first time that the Jewish people would be in charge of their own fate and destiny and would be allowed to be who and what they are with impunity since Pompey the Great conquered Jerusalem and made it part of the Roman Empire in 63 B.C.

tldr. Wow, sealybobo. Five-posts-in-a-row over secular humanism or the like.

What about the notion of atheists being selfish? Today, we have the popular selfie. I'm not saying it's just for the atheists as we all do it. However, some do it too often or are focused on it. Usually, to post on social media. Is this a trend because of atheism?

Did an atheist die here or what?
Man taking selfie on Germany autobahn killed after getting hit by car

I know losing our religion isn't all good. I think overall we will be better off without it because reality is always better than fiction but I do worry about the results of losing our religion. For example, think about all the preachers who go to war to help out when soldiers get blown up? Not a lot of atheists providing comfort to wounded soldiers. And charity will suffer. But consider charities are mostly all rackets. Maybe if we stop funding rackets then we will eventually getting around to solving the problems we have like poverty.

I don't think a Pope and his fans is a narcissitic nor dangerous selfie. He is male, but not an atheist. Most atheists are male (fact).

However, we have the atheists types such as,

"Love ‘em or hate ‘em, selfies are harmless fun — right? Maybe not. According to new research, selfies can say a lot about your personality, and not in a good way.

In a recent Ohio State University study, men who posted more photos of themselves online scored higher in measures of narcissism and psychopathy.

The researchers asked 800 men between the ages of 18 and 40 to fill out an online questionnaire asking about their photo posting habits on social media. The survey included questions about how often they posted photos of themselves on social media, and about whether and how they edited photos before posting. The participants were also asked to fill out standard questionnaires measuring anti-social behaviors and self-objectification (the tendency to overly focus on one’s appearance).

The researchers found that posting more photos was correlated with both narcissism and psychopathy. Editing photos, however, was only associated with narcissism, and not psychopathy. Narcissism measures inflated self-image (often motivated by underlying insecurity), while psychopathy involves a lack of empathy and impulsive behavior.

“That makes sense because psychopathy is characterized by impulsivity,” the study’s lead author, Jesse Fox, said in a statement. “They are going to snap the photos and put them online right away. They want to see themselves. They don’t want to spend time editing.”

These findings don’t mean that men who post selfies are actually narcissists or psychopaths, it does mean that they scored higher than others in these anti-social traits, although they were still within the normal range of behavior."

Study Links Selfies To Narcissism And Psychopathy
Study Links Selfies To Narcissism And Psychopathy | HuffPost

Dangerous Selfies
Dangerous selfies

Forum List

Back