How Obama could get the gop to make the tax code more progressive

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Maybe. It would be political suicide normally for a dem to say end the mortgage income deduction, but Obama has no more elections to run. And, possibly even if it was capped at a $300,000 mortgage, we'd still see some benefit.

How Obama could hijack tax reform TheHill

However, as Schumer predicted in 2004 or 5, if the Dems focus on the bottom 25%, rather than the middle 50%, they will lose.

Dems need to stop dry humping Marxism and openly come out for redistribution

You didn't built that!

Do you Democrat and Obama worshippers even give a damn about the rest of us in this country? GAMES games is all you do on the people. I wish more people would wake up to it

Dems need to stop dry humping Marxism and openly come out for redistribution

You didn't built that!

Why would they. they ENJOY playing games with theirs and OUR lives. they are disgusting they even put out something like that. when will people say ENOUGH?

Maybe. It would be political suicide normally for a dem to say end the mortgage income deduction, but Obama has no more elections to run. And, possibly even if it was capped at a $300,000 mortgage, we'd still see some benefit.

However, as Schumer predicted in 2004 or 5, if the Dems focus on the bottom 25%, rather than the middle 50%, they will lose.

So I would lose my deduction for my state/local taxes, which since I live in NYC are pretty substantial, would be capped on my 401k deduction, and would lose out on any incentive whatsoever on buying a house.

I make $111k a year, but in NYC that hardly puts me in the 1%.

This plan can go pound sand.

how would screwing middle class homeowners be "progressive"?

you aren't focused on the middle 50% if you want to take away the mortgage deduction. i'm pretty sure chuck would laugh at you.

So I would lose my deduction for my state/local taxes, which since I live in NYC are pretty substantial, would be capped on my 401k deduction, and would lose out on any incentive whatsoever on buying a house.

only someone who doesn't own anything would think the plan is a good idea. where in NYC are you? (if you don't mind my asking).

only someone who doesn't own anything would think the plan is a good idea. where in NYC are you? (if you don't mind my asking).

I'm a Queens guy.

I'm a Queens guy.

Brooklyn in da house.

I'm a Queens guy.

Brooklyn in da house.

So are you being overrun by hipsters, or are you a hipster doing the overrunning?

Oh, I URGE the fuckwad in Chief to float this.

Can you get the crook Hillary to voice strong support?

I'm a Queens guy.

Brooklyn in da house.

So are you being overrun by hipsters, or are you a hipster doing the overrunning?

neither. I am surrounded by moscovites.

I'm a Queens guy.

Brooklyn in da house.

neither. I am surrounded by moscovites.

ah.

Oh, I URGE the fuckwad in Chief to float this.

Can you get the crook Hillary to voice strong support?

yah..,. they should do what rightwingnut wackjobs want. lmao

screwing the middle class is your job.

I personally don't think eliminating the interest deduction is politically possible. And both capping it say ... at 300K .... and eliminating deductions on state taxes would have unequal treatment nationwide.

But, the OP link is correct that simply as a matter of dollars, the very rich get many more pennies on the dollar than the rest of us do. I think the writer's basic idea, which is similar I think to g5000's, is that if we calculated how much revenue those changes raised, and then calculated how much revenue it would cost for across the board flat income tax reductions, then overall the middle class ends up paying less tax overall than before.

But, those in high state and local tax and real estate markets .... they get shafted compared to us elsewhere.

i-have-a-7z4j9h.jpg

I personally don't think eliminating the interest deduction is politically possible. And both capping it say ... at 300K .... and eliminating deductions on state taxes would have unequal treatment nationwide.

But, the OP link is correct that simply as a matter of dollars, the very rich get many more pennies on the dollar than the rest of us do. I think the writer's basic idea, which is similar I think to g5000's, is that if we calculated how much revenue those changes raised, and then calculated how much revenue it would cost for across the board flat income tax reductions, then overall the middle class ends up paying less tax overall than before.

But, those in high state and local tax and real estate markets .... they get shafted compared to us elsewhere.

Seriously, Obama needs to come out TODAY and pound on the podium, declare middle class working families criminals and vow to end the Bourgeoisie once and for all.

You go girl!

Get Hillary and her criminal family to jump on board!

Seriously, Obama needs to come out TODAY and pound on the podium, declare middle class working families criminals and vow to end the Bourgeoisie once and for all.

You go girl!

Get Hillary and her criminal family to jump on board!
Bingo. That's exactly why he can't do it. I think Rubio tepidly supported something like the OP, but its really the guys like Paul Ryan who'd agree to more progressivity for lower rates across the board. There's no way the dems will aim for more progressivity when, as a campaign issue, they want to run on the "gop's the party of the 1%."

Forum List

Back