how quickly do proteins evolve ?

Randomness created self organizing systems? Why?
Why?

I don't know.

That's what randomness does.

It's one of the amazing properties of the universe.

Random elements organize themselves into complex and useful structures.

If you get a predictable outcome the how can that be described as random?
It's not predictable. It's random. You get structure though. You have to study chaos theory for a while to understand it. It has to do with strange attractors and fractional Hilbert spaces.

An example is the Lorenz attractor which tells us how hurricanes and tornados ("structure") form from random wind patterns.

It's not predictable. It's random. You get structure though. You have to study chaos theory for a while to understand it. It has to do with strange attractors and fractional Hilbert spaces.

An example is the Lorenz attractor which tells us how hurricanes and tornados ("structure") form from random wind patterns.
But chaos isn't random, its deterministic.

So it looks like I've stumped the experts. :p

No one knows how proteins can evolve faster than DNA.

The incidence of point mutations in DNA is estimated to be between 10^-7 and 10^-8. So in a human lifetime you might get between 10 and 100 mutations in the germ cells.

So how is it that proteins can evolve in "days"?

It should tell you something obvious.

Because for example, our immune systems can respond to infections in minutes to hours, and remember the response for an entire lifetime.

Weather is deterministic?

Really?
Yes, weather events are deterministic. Weather forecasts are probabilistic. The actual events themselves occurred for logical reasons. That makes weather deterministic. That you don't know that tells me you are a fraud. But I already knew that when you tried to tell me inanimate objects are alive and can evolve in the biological sense.

Last edited:
Yes, weather events are deterministic. Weather forecasts are probabilistic. The actual events themselves occurred for logical reasons. That makes weather deterministic. That you don't know that tells me you are a fraud. But I already knew that when you tried to tell me inanimate objects are alive and can evolve in the biological sense.

You're confused.

Maybe you should take a break.

Your religious belief that everything is alive certainly does stump the experts. Yes.
Your trolling is noted and dismissed.

You still can't answer my question.

That's noted too.

You seem to know a lot about pop science and very little about the real thing.

Yes, weather events are deterministic. Weather forecasts are probabilistic.

If weather was deterministic we could predict it with great accuracy.

The actual events themselves occurred for logical reasons.

Logical does not equate with deterministic.

That makes weather deterministic.

No, it doesn't.

Don't you have a dictionary?

That you don't know that tells me you are a fraud.

lol :p

But I still know more about science than you do.

You can't even answer my simple questions.

But I already knew that when you tried to tell me inanimate objects are alive and can evolve in the biological sense.

I never said inanimate objects evolve.

I never said anything about inanimate objects.

I don't believe in inanimation.

If the universe was inanimate it wouldn't bbe moving around and changing so much.

Forum List

Back