How sexy is classical music?

Nobody ever cares about classical music. It seems you can't use it to get a girl. It goes even in a geek category, I guess. But I made an experiment, and I decided to play to my classmates the Chopin's Barcarolle. Guess what they all liked it, and one of the girls who I didn't think would ever look my direction, decided to go out with me. So, here is the question, why only my piano teacher hammers about practicing classical, and nobody else cares?

I love classical music and love Tchaikovsky and my first love was a Classical Music Cello player and one of the fewest females in our school to ever play that instrument...

Classical music is Heavenly and wonderful.... I also love classical music! :2up:

Sexy? in my opinion is not.

Sex and classical music is like.....I don't know...like water and oil.

Of course I can be wrong, it's only my opinion. :)
Agreed. Far too superficial a term to put on classical music but his idea for a classical music thread was wonderful!

Classical music is Heavenly and wonderful.... I also love classical music! :2up:

Sexy? in my opinion is not.

Sex and classical music is like.....I don't know...like water and oil.

Of course I can be wrong, it's only my opinion. :)
I hear USMB had a beauty contest, skye. I did not see it but saw the link on google - I must assume that you won? Congratulations, Beauty!

Last edited:
"With his Symphonia Domestica, Strauss literally took the music “into the bedroom,” depicting the average family life behind closed doors. After introducing each family member with a distinct theme, and after the music depicts the act of putting the child to bed (“cradle song”) the symphony develops into a three-part adagio, which is meant to evoke a love scene between the husband and the wife."

Richard Strauss - Symphonia Domestica, Op. 53

change of tempo here ........

now click this second video and adjust the volume to compliment Vivaldi - great background for this music -

Last edited:
"With his Symphonia Domestica, Strauss literally took the music “into the bedroom,” depicting the average family life behind closed doors. After introducing each family member with a distinct theme, and after the music depicts the act of putting the child to bed (“cradle song”) the symphony develops into a three-part adagio, which is meant to evoke a love scene between the husband and the wife."

There's a park in Vienna with a place where the Strauss family presented their works to the upper crust. It still exists and they present original Strauss waltzes there. My ex-wife came to Vienna and we actually danced the original version of the waltz to that music.

51JZfzHxpIL._UY250_.jpg

There's a park in Vienna with a place where the Strauss family presented their works to the upper crust. It still exists and they present original Strauss waltzes there. My ex-wife came to Vienna and we actually danced the original version of the waltz to that music.

51JZfzHxpIL._UY250_.jpg

That is such a great story! Must have been very romantic. The history and the atmosphere very intoxicating.

Forum List

Back