How Stalin Fooled the World and Why It Matters Today

Congratulations! The second victory in American history, the first one was against Granada.
if it were not for the US you would be speaking German !!

LOL!!!
Is that what they teach you at schools?! LOL!

8 out of 10 Germans died on the EASTERN front!
Also the USSR defeated Romanians, Hungarians and made sure Bulgaria did not do any sudden moves.

And who knows how long Hitler would've lasted if not for US help with finances and strategic materials all the way into 1944.
the Russian winter stopped Hitler from taking Moscow !! just because Hitler failed once do you honestly believe he would not have regrouped resupplied and attacked again with a stronger force and better tactics if he was not prevented from doing so by the US ??? hell they were well on their way to making the first nuclear bomb !!

I can't point it out now tovarich, you edited the date after you fucked up,

Lying fuck, I did not edit this date because i grew up with it.

But that's typical American: lying, bullshitting, stupid and obnoxious.

Yeah..... right....... Funny how when I responded yesterday the date you had was the 8th........ Now it's not....... Keep up the denial and obfuscation there Vyacheslav........ :thup:

:lmao:

Lying fuck, I did not edit this date because i grew up with it.

But that's typical American: lying, bullshitting, stupid and obnoxious.

Yeah..... right....... Funny :

why do you bother posting?...

You should really be asking yourself that.... No, really........ :lmao:

I think it's time to petition the board to change your nic to something more appropriate. I was thinking Peepeepee........

The most leftward of these is to see Stalin as a victim of German and American imperialism who struggled to maintain the peace in the face of aggressive expansionistic efforts by Nazi Germany and the United States.

Nonsense.

By all means back up this claim with some links or examples - but you won't find much.

Stalin is almost universally regarded by left and right as a dictator, a tryant and a mad man. The fact that he worked with the Alies to defeat Hitler does not change that.

You'll actually find that Stalin is a beloved figure in Russia to this day.

The most leftward of these is to see Stalin as a victim of German and American imperialism who struggled to maintain the peace in the face of aggressive expansionistic efforts by Nazi Germany and the United States.

Nonsense.

By all means back up this claim with some links or examples - but you won't find much.

Stalin is almost universally regarded by left and right as a dictator, a tryant and a mad man. The fact that he worked with the Alies to defeat Hitler does not change that.

There are many reasons for that. One is Russians love strong leaders, no matter how brutal their methods. Stalin did take a mostly agrarian society and transform it into a modern industrial giant for it's time, millions suffered and died but he did it in what might be considered record time.
One other, more modern reason is Russia is partially controlled by the Mafiya which is firmly imbedded in the government, less stability for average individuals than was found under the Soviet system. People generally pine for old times if they feel the new times are worse and will often "romanticize" the past.
I'm pretty sure Peepeepee will have a conniption over this. Good. :D

Stalin-with-Molotov-and-Voroshilov.jpg

Глупый старый козел, что путь на запад
translation - Silly old goat that way west

Stalin’s Curse: Battling for Communism in War and Cold War

This well researched book portrays Stalin as a psychopath with a deep and abiding commitment to spreading communism across the globe.

By Jordan Michael Smith, Contributing Writer / March 26, 2013

For much of the second half of the 20th century in the United States, Republican politicians had an advantage on the vital issue of national security. That electoral edge began in large part in February 1945. That was the month of the Yalta Conference, the last summit of World War II at which all the Western allies participated. It was at that meeting, Republicans charged, that Democratic president Franklin Roosevelt ceded control of Eastern Europe to the Soviet Union.

Florida State University historian Robert Gellately repeats this myth in his well-researched but flawed new book Stalin’s Curse. Here, Gellately argues that Soviet leader Joseph Stalin was impervious to diplomacy at Yalta or anywhere else. “Marxist-Leninist ideology as interpreted by Stalin drove the men at the top,” he writes. “The Soviets invariably took Roosevelt’s efforts to be friendly or accommodating as demonstrations of weakness.”

Gellatedly is the author of several books on Nazi Germany and one on the era of Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler. His grasp of the literature is tremendous, especially his expertise with the Soviet archives. I know of only two or three other books that can rival "Stalin's Curse" in terms of its penetrating use of Russian sources.

Karl Marx: 10 quotes on his birthday

Stalin?s Curse: Battling for Communism in War and Cold War - CSMonitor.com

Last edited:
Stalin-with-Molotov-and-Voroshilov.jpg

Глупый старый козел, что путь на запад

Stalin’s Curse: Battling for Communism in War and Cold War

This well researched book portrays Stalin as a psychopath with a deep and abiding commitment to spreading communism across the globe.

By Jordan Michael Smith, Contributing Writer / March 26, 2013

For much of the second half of the 20th century in the United States, Republican politicians had an advantage on the vital issue of national security. That electoral edge began in large part in February 1945. That was the month of the Yalta Conference, the last summit of World War II at which all the Western allies participated. It was at that meeting, Republicans charged, that Democratic president Franklin Roosevelt ceded control of Eastern Europe to the Soviet Union.

Florida State University historian Robert Gellately repeats this myth in his well-researched but flawed new book Stalin’s Curse. Here, Gellately argues that Soviet leader Joseph Stalin was impervious to diplomacy at Yalta or anywhere else. “Marxist-Leninist ideology as interpreted by Stalin drove the men at the top,” he writes. “The Soviets invariably took Roosevelt’s efforts to be friendly or accommodating as demonstrations of weakness.”

Gellatedly is the author of several books on Nazi Germany and one on the era of Lenin, Stalin, and Hitler. His grasp of the literature is tremendous, especially his expertise with the Soviet archives. I know of only two or three other books that can rival "Stalin's Curse" in terms of its penetrating use of Russian sources.

Karl Marx: 10 quotes on his birthday

Stalin?s Curse: Battling for Communism in War and Cold War - CSMonitor.com

I'll have to read that and he better have some serious compelling evidence because every single book I've read concerning the lead up to WWII and it's aftermath specifically shows Stalin was more concerned with consolidating and protecting his borders which is why he took Eastern Europe at the end of the war, as a buffer against the west. It was the advent of the cold war and our policy of containment that gave rise to Soviet style expansion.

Of course NORMAL people like a strong leader! Why else would you choose someone to LEAD the society?!.

How much do you pay the homeless glue-sniffers to dress up like Stalin and abuse you intimately? You are not "normal," you know.

:eek:

Nonsense.

There are many reasons for that. One is Russians love strong leaders, no matter how brutal their methods. Stalin did take a mostly agrarian society and transform it into a modern industrial giant for it's time, millions suffered and died but he did it in what might be considered record time.
One other, more modern reason is Russia is partially controlled by the Mafiya which is firmly imbedded in the government, less stability for average individuals than was found under the Soviet system. People generally pine for old times if they feel the new times are worse and will often "romanticize" the past.

Thats very true, if Saddam Hussein and Pol Pot were born in Russia they would be looked upon as heroes and good men.

Thats very true, if Saddam Hussein and Pol Pot were born in Russia they would be looked upon as heroes and good men.

And mememe would have literally been begging them to hump her violently.

And mememe would have literally been begging them to hump her violently.

She would be on her chubby knees sucking their cocks.

Nonsense.

That's an interesting theory, but misleading. When I say people love Stalin; that's true. But that's not to say he isnt' a polarizing figure. About half the people love him and half the people hate him. I don't remember the exact split; but it was significant. And by love and hate, I really mean love and hate - like the Jesus to Hitler scale.

But back in the day, almost everyone loved Stalin; mainly because they were kept in the dark about anything bad he did and were brainwashed to see him as a great leader.

Brainwashed was the operative word in that last line. Stalin was a mass murderer.

Thanks. - Jeremiah

he was a UTOPIAN---of the totalitarian type-----everyone is supposed to either
join or die------it you do not JOIN----you ----GtoH you g t' o' h
cooperate and not be a KULAK aka KAFFIR

Ironic that we're talking about Stalin while we have a leader who is trying to fill our skies with assassins with the help of an effectively state ran media.

There are many reasons for that. One is Russians love strong leaders, no matter how brutal their methods.

Stalin did take a mostly agrarian society and transform it into a modern industrial giant for it's time,

millions suffered and died

One other, more modern reason is Russia is partially controlled by the Mafiya which is firmly imbedded in the government, less stability for average individuals than was found under the Soviet system.

People generally pine for old times if they feel the new times are worse and will often "romanticize" the past.

Just Russians?
Are you aware that the Russian Empire as well as the Soviet Union was populated by over 100 ethnicities?!
Of course NORMAL people like a strong leader! Why else would you choose someone to LEAD the society?! Look where your poofters led you!

Correct! Also he transformed it into a country where no matter how humble was your background, you could become anything due to your honest work and personal tallents; he transformed it into a country that won the war against Nazism and Fascism. And re-shaped the world.

I provided this forum with official statistics on numerous occasions, no one was able to show me these "suffering and dead millions". Isn't it time you start operating factual figures instead of the ones borrowed from a fictional novel of a very mediocre writer?

Correct again! The more the elites say that Stalin achieved a high developed society by sacrificing the "elite of the nation", the more people come to a conclusion that the elite must be sacrificed in order for the state to develop.

People pine for the times of social justice, strict law equal for all, high economic development, independence, and above all -- the idea that united the nation making it worth living for. Current ideology of a full belly and personal enrichment does not inspire.

Here's mostly just the Ukraine...... Estimated 7 million died.
The History Place - Genocide in the 20th Century: Stalin's Forced Famine 1932-33

Reference Stalin's purges, et al:

Soviet Union, Stalin's regime (1924-53): 20,000,000

Twentieth Century Atlas - Death Tolls

Russian Revolution Project timeline | Timetoast timelines

Since they don't agree with your "vision" of the past I know you will deny and deflect but I expect no less.

Oh, and when I indicated Russians love strong leaders I was referring to two things, consolidating the ethnic groups under one group for ease of discussion and I was equating the concept of strong as Machiavellian.

Last edited:

That's an interesting theory, but misleading. When I say people love Stalin; that's true. But that's not to say he isnt' a polarizing figure. About half the people love him and half the people hate him. I don't remember the exact split; but it was significant. And by love and hate, I really mean love and hate - like the Jesus to Hitler scale.

But back in the day, almost everyone loved Stalin; mainly because they were kept in the dark about anything bad he did and were brainwashed to see him as a great leader.

That's only one aspect, and while I was trying to be generally inclusive, citing mainly known human nature patterns, I guess I wasn't as clear. We were talking about those that love him, not those that do not.

Forum List

Back