How Star Trek Explains The Decline Of Liberalism

Alive and well:
maxresdefault.jpg

Expanding Liberty to this very day. Thanks all the same...
How disgusting!
Not in the slightest. It's love, in action. Those opposed lack humanity.

He's only disgusted because he thinks the brunette looks Jewish.

If only we used the PRIME DIRECTIVE when it comes to the Mid East .

That article has too many words.

More than "Oh Bah Bah Bah Mah" is beyond your comprehension.

I think we've become the Klingons . A war loving nation in perpetual conflict .

One thing you do not, is think.

You think about it! We've been at war for a good 70 years now with little break. It just floats out there . We are all about the military . It's the one thing people don't dare question . The military industrial complex rules all!

Well, we do have enemies so I do believe in a strong military, but I do have a problem when they start cutting infrastructure, science, r&d and education and whining about living in caves again.

With a molecular assembler why would we need to use money? Humanity is working together in star trek and research is self betterment. Sounds like a superior world from the one we currently have. Wouldn't you agree?

Everyone gets the help and no one is sick anymore...Tech has cured everyone!

Yet both the original and DS9 very clearly spoke of the accumulation of "credits" to purchase what they wanted. In fact, Jake Sysco took a job under Quark to earn replicator credits when his dad refused to give them to him.
communist forms of rationing creating special money for each activity you do.

communist forms of rationing creating special money for each activity you do.

That wasn't the case, though. Currency was used in both.

Only the TNG took a swerve into Communism. It wasn't rational, so by the time DS9 came about, they explained it away as something that only happened in Starfleet.
Only Earth was communist.
Human colonies on other planets weren't. Nor necessarily were alien civilizations.

One thing all the Star Trek series had in common: their best, most challenging episodes present extremely ambivalent moral dilemmas where both choices seem right & wrong at the same time. And when the episode is over, I'm still not certain if I agree with the resolution, but I do understand the reasoning behind it. In other words, Star Trek is at its best when it has the balls to challenge the viewers' sense of ethics.

Forum List

Back