How the Christian Right's Homophobia Scares Away Religious Young People

Not to a Mormon, who does not understand the Bible,.

Okay, I'm a Christian... what scripture are you referring too?

To be fair, I am Christian too. He just thinks that for some reason since I'm not a "Bible only" Christian I am ignorant of it.

Jake, Curious here mostly. How many times have you read the Bible?

By definition common knowledge is a body of knowledge commonly known to those who would know the material.

You, Buford, and I know the material. The material is not the question.

The question is whether the material should be taken literally or the church fathers taken literally or traditiona should be taken literally, or any group of all the above.

Notice that kg stumbles, giggles, and pees on the lawn,

Blah, blah, blah. When you provide scripture to back up your points, then I'll start listening to you.

If you know the Bible, as you claim, then you know my points.

You can't refute them.

And you fit Phil 4:8 to a T, right?

Doesn't matter. You don't believe the scriptures, so why would you use scripture?

I said that when.

I dont know that you have said that.

It would be nice however that if we are going to have a discussion on what the scriptures say, you would cite the scriptures you and Jake are refering too so we can actually discuss them.

You can't refute them.

Until you cite your references, there is nothing to refute.

I know my Bible and it doesnt say anything about mistreating women or treating them badly or as lesser people.

Except they haven't actually said anything. They just say "you know what it says and what I mean and there's nothing more to discuss".

It's idiotic.

By definition common knowledge is a body of knowledge commonly known to those who would know the material.

The question is whether the material should be taken literally or the church fathers taken literally or traditiona should be taken literally, or any group of all the above.

Blah, blah, blah. When you provide scripture to back up your points, then I'll start listening to you.

You can't refute them.

If you know the bible like you claim, then you would provide scripture to back up your points. If you are going to tell us what the bible says, then provide some scripture. You're phoney.

I am sure those LDS in the communal collectives of the church said the same thing, and yet it came to an end.

The Law of Consecration is still in force, though it's practiced in different ways. The Church has always recognized that this principles is difficult to live in it's fullness. So it's hardly unexpect to have periods, even long periods where it's not practiced in a particular format or wide spread.

Are you suggesting that women will be ordained to offices of the priesthood due to the wickedness of the people?

I am sure those LDS who practiced in and believed in polygamy said the same thing, and yet it came to an end.

The Lord's position on plural marriage has always been the same as well. It's alright when commanded. Otherwise, one man, one wife. The Church never had any reason to believe that it was always going to be practiced and that God would never command otherwise when the scriptures are clear that there are times He does.

Where in the scriptures does it suggest that there may be a time when women would be ordained to offices in the Priesthood?

BTW Are you familiar with the difference between the authority and power of the Priesthood? Or the difference between Offices and Orders of the Priesthood?

That's an odd claim considering Utah, since the day it was organized, has always been a secular government. I'd like to see a citation that anyone ever claimed that. And no, the "It's common knowledge" gambit isnt going to be sufficient for me on this.

I am sure those LDS who said and believe the the African-descended members would never benefit from holding the priesthood said the same thing, and yet it came to pass.

Except, of course, that from the beginning it was prophecied that they would hold the Priesthood and recieve the blessings of such. It's always been promised that they would. Could you point to a place where it's been promised that women will be ordained to the offices of the Priesthood?

A female priesthood too will come to pass.

I dont think you understand the doctrines of the Priesthood nor the prophecies if you believe that women will be ordained to the offices of the Priesthood. But then you probably dont understand the Orders of the Priesthood whatsoever. If you did, you'd realize that many women have already entered into these Orders.

The Law of Consecration as practiced by Joseph and Brigham is not in force. Please don't smear their names that way.

I am sure that Joseph and Brigham and John would be scandalously amused that the principle was not going to be practiced forever.

The prophesies on the black and the priesthood was that every white male worthy to hold it would have it before the black.

Women and the priesthood: you need to go back and study the holy orders and quorums established in Nauvoo before you talk about women and the priesthood,

I love it when people who don't believe the bible try and tell us what it says. Funny stuff.

I spent well over 20 years doing Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night, therefore.

15 Ways the Bible Is Used by Christians and the GOP to Control and Malign Women | Visions | AlterNet

Don't bother giving me links to opinions. If you're a bible teacher, then discuss scripture with me. Show me with scripture. I really don't care about opinions.

I love it when people who don't believe the bible try and tell us what it says. Funny stuff.

I spent well over 20 years doing Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night, therefore.

15 Ways the Bible Is Used by Christians and the GOP to Control and Malign Women | Visions | AlterNet

Don't bother giving me links to opinions. If you're a bible teacher, then discuss scripture with me. Show me with scripture. I really don't care about opinions.

It'd be my opinion, so cya.

Not to a Mormon, who does not understand the Bible,.

Okay, I'm a Christian... what scripture are you referring too?

To be fair, I am Christian too. He just thinks that for some reason since I'm not a "Bible only" Christian I am ignorant of it.

Jake, Curious here mostly. How many times have you read the Bible?

Five chapters at a minimum daily since I was seven. Probably entirely through thirty to forty times. I learn new things almost every day.

I have also read the Book of Mormon through at least twice. I love Mosiah 3 and 4.

You can't refute them.

Um, in order to 'refute them', we would need to know which 'them' you are referring too? I sometimes wonder if you realize how much you come across as a complete and total moron?

It'd be my opinion, so cya.

So you can't.

Of course you can't.

Forum List

Back