How the Christian Right's Homophobia Scares Away Religious Young People

I spent well over 20 years doing Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night, therefore.

15 Ways the Bible Is Used by Christians and the GOP to Control and Malign Women | Visions | AlterNet

Don't bother giving me links to opinions. If you're a bible teacher, then discuss scripture with me. Show me with scripture. I really don't care about opinions.

It'd be my opinion, so cya.

I already knew that. I'm surprised it took you this long to admit it. Jake is only giving his "opinion" also. That's all we have here. Ignorance in full bloom.

Last edited:
Blah, blah, blah. When you provide scripture to back up your points, then I'll start listening to you.

If you know the Bible, as you claim, then you know my points.

You can't refute them.

Um, in order to 'refute them', we would need to know which 'them' you are referring too? I sometimes wonder if you realize how much you come across as a complete and total moron?

Sure, you can, Buford, if you know the Bible.

If you know the Bible, as you claim, then you know my points.

You can't refute them.

Um, in order to 'refute them', we would need to know which 'them' you are referring too? I sometimes wonder if you realize how much you come across as a complete and total moron?

Sure, you can, Buford, if you know the Bible.

I'm not Buford...

And you're a waste of time, not to mention a liar. You've read the Bible 30 to 40 times but can't 'reveal' what scripture you're referring too? It should be 'common knowledge'.. :lol:

Matthew said of Judas, "Then he threw down the pieces of silver in the
temple and departed, and went and hanged himself" (Matthew 27:5).
Luke recorded Jesus as saying, "Go and do likewise" (Luke 10:37).

Does that prove Jesus endorsed suicide?

I want you to open your heart and soul, Buford, from that far right parochial sense of religion instead of being christian to which you are enslaved.

You need to reconsider some things, particularly a male directed church,

Don't bother giving me links to opinions. If you're a bible teacher, then discuss scripture with me. Show me with scripture. I really don't care about opinions.

It'd be my opinion, so cya.

I already knew that. I'm surprised it took you this long to admit it. Jake is only giving his "opinion" also. That's all we have here. Ignorance in full bloom.

As long as you're still posting? Then yes. Yes, it is.

I want you to open your heart and soul, Buford, from that far right parochial sense of religion instead of being christian to which you are enslaved.

You need to reconsider some things, particularly a male directed church,

I want you to cease your deceptive and anti-Scriptural hogwash.

So you claim to be a bible teacher and then you use a link from athiests to back up your point.

Are you retarded or high?

I claim to be a Bible teacher?

Geez. It's like you breathe and lie, all the time, never one without the other.

So what did you do twice on Sunday and every Wednesday, pick your nose in the back row?

WTF kind of question is that.

53. “34. Let your women keep silence in the churches; for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.”

- I Corinthians 14/34

54. “35. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.”

You want to start here?

Or here?

62. “1. When a man bath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she rind no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her; then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house.”

- Deuteronomy, 24/1
63. “2. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man’s wife.”

- Deuteronomy, 24/2
64. “3. And if the latter husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth it in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her to be his wife;”

- Deuteronomy, 24/3
65. “4. Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the Lord; and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.”

53. “34. Let your women keep silence in the churches; for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.”

- I Corinthians 14/34

54. “35. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.”

You want to start here?

Or here?

62. “1. When a man bath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she rind no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her; then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house.”

- Deuteronomy, 24/1
63. “2. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man’s wife.”

- Deuteronomy, 24/2
64. “3. And if the latter husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth it in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her to be his wife;”

- Deuteronomy, 24/3
65. “4. Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the Lord; and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.”

The scriptures from Deuteronomy are not written to the church and are the law. Christians do not live under the law. That might be a good place to start to clear up your confusion, dear.

The scripture in 1 Corinthians is a common misunderstanding for young Christians. Perhaps you never were fortunate to receive good teaching. That is sad, but it is all too common for ignorant false teachers to instruct others, blind leading the blind.

I hope this helps with your question of 1 Corinthians. 1 Corinthians 14:34 - "Silence" in the Church : ChristianCourier.com

Forum List

Back