How the Christian Right's Homophobia Scares Away Religious Young People

koshergirl, I think I understand you, but you are writing confusedly.

Will you, please, rewrite more clearly what you are trying to say.

Or, Avatar4321, can you interpret what she is trying to say?

I do not want to respond until I get what she means.

I can try. I don't exactly have a Urim & Thumim yet.

I think she was saying that there are alot of non-Christians who use the Bible to justify their mistreatment of women. And because they interpret the Bible to recommend the mistreatment of women they likewise assume Christians do as well and that their way is the only way particular verses can be interpreted.

Then she specifically pointed out how some non-Christians use Bible verses to somehow point out that "God hates you".

To be honest, I am having a difficult time following her point after that. I think i understand her reasoning but im not sure I agree with it.

Thank you. I think she is trying to say "devils use scripture too" to justify devilish behavior. I get lost after that. But thanks.

Well, devils knew Jesus and trembled.

Yeah, those who follow the latent homosexual Paul (it is better to marry than burn [in hell for homosexuality] ) on these issues are making big mistakes. On the other hand, Paul is the champion sufferer of adversity among the early apostles.

That verse has nothing to do with homosexuality. It's talking about fornication.

Yeah, those who follow the latent homosexual Paul (it is better to marry than burn [in hell for homosexuality] ) on these issues are making big mistakes. On the other hand, Paul is the champion sufferer of adversity among the early apostles.

That verse has nothing to do with homosexuality. It's talking about fornication.

Alternative interpretations have to do with Paul's denial of his homosexuality. The point to make is not that you disagree with the interp but that Paul suppressed his desires but marrying and subordinating women to men.

Disagreements arent lies. We need to start realizing that.

I know that.

Sunni Man lies a lot.

It's an offense against all that is true and good to pretend that Sunni Man isn't a lying sack of shit.

Im not pretending. I dont agree with what he says, but I dont see him blatantly lying every post either.

Alternative interpretations have to do with Paul's denial of his homosexuality. The point to make is not that you disagree with the interp but that Paul suppressed his desires but marrying and subordinating women to men.

I think that's a load of nonsense. I don't see anything in the context of those versus to justify that interpretation. Nor does anything from the Spirit indicate that your interpreting the verses correctly.

I dont see him blatantly lying every post either.

He lies a lot. That is a fact.

Whether, in your opinion, that is a bad thing is another matter but the fact is Sunni Man lies a lot.

A certain wing of Islam, a perverted wing, codifies the suppression and subordination of women to me.

Not unlike the West and Christianity, which only since the 1960s, have American women and their allies fought for their freedom and liberty, somewhat successfully.

I think that's a load of nonsense. I don't see anything in the context of those versus to justify that interpretation. Nor does anything from the Spirit indicate that your interpreting the verses correctly.

I see it very clearly, and particularly in the development of the anti-feminine in the Catholic priesthood after the fourth century,

A certain wing of Islam, a perverted wing, codifies the suppression and subordination of women to me.

Not unlike the West and Christianity, which only since the 1960s, have American women and their allies fought for their freedom and liberty, somewhat successfully.

Since the 1960s? American women and their allies have been fighting for their freedom and liberty since before the Revolution. Probably longer than that.

I dont see him blatantly lying every post either.

He lies a lot. That is a fact.

Whether, in your opinion, that is a bad thing is another matter but the fact is Sunni Man lies a lot.
Parsifal you sound like a broken record.

So I am going to ask you one time, "exactly "what" do you think I'm not being up front with you about"??

This is your big chance; so don't rant and rave; just calmly answer the question.

And you might/maybe even get a response back. :cool:

So I am going to ask you one time, "exactly "what" do you think I'm not being up front with you about"??

I have made that clear.

What do you think of what Bin Laden did on 9/11?

I have made that clear.

What do you think of what Bin Laden did on 9/11?
Parsifal, you have been calling me a liar for days on a literally a hundred posts that had zero to do with Bin Laden

In fact, this is the first time you have brought his name up to me..

So I will ask again, what "exactly" to you think I am lying about"? :cool:

Forum List

Back