How the crazy right became the new normal

The problem is when the crazies seize power. That is when "normal" equals bizarre. Crazies used to be laughed at and ignored. Now they are elected. The system could always handle the odd crazy who slipped through the cracks and was elected. But when they are elected in droves the nation as a whole suffers.

I believe that it was a (sane) rightwing minister who said that you don't reorganize the life of the village around the schedule of the local idiot or something to that effect. At the present time the village idiots in the House are dictating the agenda.

It is way past time that we started laughing at the village idiots again and got on with the job of organizing the village into some semblance of sanity again.

i agree that the crazies need to be laughed out and the media should be doing this. They arent because it makes for ratings. You are starting to see a lot of older conservatives starting to push away from these people.
I just read about a Reagan appointed judge who is doing this.

As always it comes down to who is defining who and what is "crazy".

If you don't think Nancy Pelosi is a deranged idiot I'd judge you as "not all there"

Nancy Pelosi is a weird, out of touch career politician. But...she is smarter than you and OBVIOUSLY has some ability to get what she wants.

I can't stand to watch her for more than a minute or two...she is affected and has a very objectionable speaking style. BUT.....I'd let her hold my wallet or babysit my kids. She isn't evil.

Try harder.

Didn't say she was evil,said she is a deranged idiot,and it stands.

Isn't that great. Do you think she is honestly trying to do the best that she can for those in her district and the American people in general?

Answer after thinking, please.

It's about Party uber alles with her.

Please pay attention, Nancy Pelosi is a deranged idiot.

i agree that the crazies need to be laughed out and the media should be doing this. They arent because it makes for ratings. You are starting to see a lot of older conservatives starting to push away from these people.

If you don't think Nancy Pelosi is a deranged idiot I'd judge you as "not all there"

Nancy Pelosi is a weird, out of touch career politician. But...she is smarter than you and OBVIOUSLY has some ability to get what she wants.

I can't stand to watch her for more than a minute or two...she is affected and has a very objectionable speaking style. BUT.....I'd let her hold my wallet or babysit my kids. She isn't evil.

Try harder.

Didn't say she was evil,said she is a deranged idiot,and it stands.

Isn't that great. Do you think she is honestly trying to do the best that she can for those in her district and the American people in general?

Answer after thinking, please.

It's about Party uber alles with her.

Please pay attention, Nancy Pelosi is a deranged idiot.

You aren't even trying.

How the media has helped normalize GOP crazy - The Washington Post

So ideological extremism and insane conspiracy theories from the right have been normalized. Which means that when another Republican candidate says something deranged, as long as it doesn’t offend a key swing constituency, reporters don’t think it’s disqualifying. And so it isn’t.

Its a blog and thus an opinion piece, but it sums up why the crazy right and partially crazy left have become the norm and why the media is to blame for it.
i don't totally blame the media though. I blame government and the people for allowing it as normal.

I understand most of you won't be able to get past blaming the left or bring them up as some sort of deflection.

The problem is when the crazies seize power. That is when "normal" equals bizarre. Crazies used to be laughed at and ignored. Now they are elected. The system could always handle the odd crazy who slipped through the cracks and was elected. But when they are elected in droves the nation as a whole suffers.

I believe that it was a (sane) rightwing minister who said that you don't reorganize the life of the village around the schedule of the local idiot or something to that effect. At the present time the village idiots in the House are dictating the agenda.

It is way past time that we started laughing at the village idiots again and got on with the job of organizing the village into some semblance of sanity again.

deflecting isnt an answer.

So ideological extremism and insane conspiracy theories from the right have been normalized. Which means that when another Republican candidate says something deranged, as long as it doesn’t offend a key swing constituency, reporters don’t think it’s disqualifying. And so it isn’t.

Its a blog and thus an opinion piece, but it sums up why the crazy right and partially crazy left have become the norm and why the media is to blame for it.
i don't totally blame the media though. I blame government and the people for allowing it as normal.

I understand most of you won't be able to get past blaming the left or bring them up as some sort of deflection.

No deflection at all,the point is that your post is completely subjective, and that's MY point.

Crazy in Politics is subjective to your own belief system.

That article is a good summary.

Same shit as in here. We have so many complete whackadoodles on the right here that someone claiming that Obama WANTS to destroy the American health care delivery system isn't even noticed for nuttiness. That is considered tame. The idea that he'd WANT to fuck up something so important to all Americans is not soundly refuted. It is THANKED by people who don't see themselves as extreme.

Check yourselves, USMB nutters. You ain't got much room between you and the edge.
once again i will say what your not allowed to say LL......there are a lot on the left too.....

Same shit as in here. We have so many complete whackadoodles on the right here that someone claiming that Obama WANTS to destroy the American health care delivery system isn't even noticed for nuttiness. That is considered tame. The idea that he'd WANT to fuck up something so important to all Americans is not soundly refuted. It is THANKED by people who don't see themselves as extreme.

Check yourselves, USMB nutters. You ain't got much room between you and the edge.
once again i will say what your not allowed to say LL......there are a lot on the left too.....

He/she is one of them.

You can say it....but the numbers are lopsided.....not even close.

He/she is one of them.

Want to have a contest?

You find the craziest thing I have said here. I'll find one of yours. See whose is worse.

You go first.

He/she is one of them.

Want to have a contest?

You find the craziest thing I have said here. I'll find one of yours. See whose is worse.

You go first.

The Giant's won, go flagellate.

No deflection at all,the point is that your post is completely subjective, and that's MY point.

On this i agree. Crazy is all subjective, but typically we can figure out whats crazy and whats not.
Saying Legitimate Rape is crazy, but the point is people are treating it as normal. The media as well and when confronted with crazy they should be saying " Hey your crazy, get off my show or we wont be writing about you anymore, because your nuts." But they don't.
Furthermore the internet has pushed this further because people " Like a Hannity" have more people following him and thus makes more money. Niche markets like this has gone beyond being a niche and more mainstream. Its hurting the nation as a whole.

You can say it....but the numbers are lopsided.....not even close.
i understand....you are a member in good standing with them.....:thup:

He/she is one of them.

Want to have a contest?

You go first.

Hmm...

Weird nutter is weird. The Giants that I care about lost. 27-0 on Sunday night.

I'm rooting for the Cardinals on the diamond.

But....I understand your reluctance to accept the challenge. You'd lose that one easily. You have said a few really crazy things here.

It is if you are far left, for those that are not far left is not, based on far left programmed protocols..

He/she is one of them.

Want to have a contest?

You go first.

Hmm...

Weird nutter is weird. The Giants that I care about lost. 27-0 on Sunday night.

I'm rooting for the Cardinals on the diamond.

But....I understand your reluctance to accept the challenge. You'd lose that one easily. You have said a few really crazy things here.

Not at all kid,but one must care about any "challenge" and I don't.

Again it's subjective, the truth YOU never really say anything.....usually you just put people down.

But I'd love to see what the craziest thing you think I've ever said is.....entertain us.

On this i agree. Crazy is all subjective, but typically we can figure out whats crazy and whats not.
Saying Legitimate Rape is crazy, but the point is people are treating it as normal. The media as well and when confronted with crazy they should be saying " Hey your crazy, get off my show or we wont be writing about you anymore, because your nuts." But they don't.
Furthermore the internet has pushed this further because people " Like a Hannity" have more people following him and thus makes more money. Niche markets like this has gone beyond being a niche and more mainstream. Its hurting the nation as a whole.

Akin and many other are idiots from BOTH sides.
Boehner
Pelosi
Reid
Cruz
Jake
LL
Obama
Bush

and on and on and on.

Forum List

Back